Doctors Making Housecalls

Updated Aug 18, 2015

2.3

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls (Durham, NC) in August 2015.

Interview

I was interviewed by the owner. The process was easygoing. She told me her vision and plans for her growing company and where she wanted in the candidate that she chose to fill the opening. I saw her vision and explained how I could be the candidate to help the vision come to fruition. She seemed very pleased with my responses and told that if I were the candidate she chose that she would see me in a few days once she made her decision. Unfortunately I was not the top candidate. I then realized that without personal transportation, the position would not work for me as I have to depend on public transportation.

Interview Questions

• One question was how I felt working with elderly people and how would I treat/talk to them.   1 Answer

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls in March 2015.

Interview

First thing you do is complete a background check form - name, age, current and former addresses, etc. I waited in the front office for probably 15 minutes. Due to the security cameras, I am thinking that the interviewer and one of the MDs were watching me ... because I saw one, then the other come out of the same office. The MD had a cheshire cat smile as she walked by. There have been a bunch of very positive reviews in mid 2015 and they have run the Office Coordinator job ad during the same time frame - several months. Sounds fishy to me.

Interview Questions

• Assuming they had already said we are not hiring this one, it was more like talking to my next door neighbor.   1 Answer

Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls.

Interview

Very easy and pleasant. Everyone from the receptionist to a doctor I spoke with seemed very inviting and welcoming. It seems like a nice environment to be in.

Interview Questions

• What hours am I interested in   1 Answer

Offered another position

Medical Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls (Durham, NC) in April 2014.

Interview

Was left waiting for more than 15 minutes for my interview. Office seemed very nice, two sides with the receptionist in between. Extremely casual. No one really seemed to have any personal items on their desks (pictures, decorations, etc.); maybe because they have to share their desks with other shifts? Interviewer (office manager) didn't really ask me any questions about my qualifications or how my skills would add to the overall work environment. She went over the benefits, asked me what hours I'd like to work and told me that you are required to work 3 Saturdays a year. Found out that it wasn't technically a "medical office coordinator" position but "patient & provider support". I asked the interviewer if she had read any of the reviews on glassdoor. She told me that she had and that they were from a few years ago when they were having multiple hiring issues and had a lot of "bad hires". Unfortunately, the reviews are quite recent; 4 bad reviews since Dec. 2013. After about 20 minutes of me trying to work in what qualifications I had, she ended the interview and said that I would hear either way. That was over 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything.

Interview Questions

• None really. I had even "brushed up" on some tough interview questions, but really, there were none. As I said above, she didn't ask me about my qualifications or what other experience could be of value to their company. Not even so much as a "why should we hire you?" "Describe yourself", nothing.   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls (Durham, NC).

Interview

Applied online through craigslist, got a phone call to set up an interview the very next day. I talked to my interviewer for about 30 mins (well she did most of the talking) I mostly told her about my experiences on my resume and then she talked about the position that they offered and also told me of her experiences on the job it was more of a laid back conversation. She told me that she would call me in a few days and needless to say I got the job.

Biller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls (Durham, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

Very creepy... usually potential employers let you get out the door before you're made an offer. Don't think it's because they recognize your value. Remember the saying "if something seems too good to be true, then it probably is" It turns out they like to hire people who feel that they have to be belittled in order to eat.

Interview Questions

• Will you start on Monday? (Asked during a LATE Friday 4:30 pm interview)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Pretty much nonexistent. They offered, I countered,and they said we could revisit salary in 3 months

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Apex, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls (Apex, NC) in January 2012.

Interview

Spoke with one of the owner/doctors for approximately 8 minutes. She asked me if I had experience with Medicare billing. She called in the manager, who spoke with me and went over my resume for another 10 minutes. She seemed glad to see that I had passed the CPC exam, although I had no actual exprience with coding from charts. I was hired and asked when I would like to start.

Interview Questions

• Are the hours 10m-6:30pm going to work for you? New empolyees usually take the later shifts.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. "You will start at $14.00 and hour, but raises come early for good work and the doctors are generous at Christmas."

MEDICAL BILLING Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls (Durham, NC) in January 2011.

Interview

Met with owner, he explained his vision, I didn't even know what I was going to be doing.

Interview Questions

• He asked about my experience - and particular situations with Insurances.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, it was a set rate - take it or leave it.

Billing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls in January 2012.

Interview

Was interviewed after a call. Was hired after one week.