Doctors Making Housecalls

Relevance Date Difficulty

Medical Office Coordinator Interview

Medical Office Coordinator
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was left waiting for more than 15 minutes for my interview. Office seemed very nice, two sides with the receptionist in between. Extremely casual. No one really seemed to have any personal items on their desks (pictures, decorations, etc.); maybe because they have to share their desks with other shifts? Interviewer (office manager) didn't really ask me any questions about my qualifications or how my skills would add to the overall work environment. She went over the benefits, asked me what hours I'd like to work and told me that you are required to work 3 Saturdays a year. Found out that it wasn't technically a "medical office coordinator" position but "patient & provider support". I asked the interviewer if she had read any of the reviews on glassdoor. She told me that she had and that they were from a few years ago when they were having multiple hiring issues and had a lot of "bad hires". Unfortunately, the reviews are quite recent; 4 bad reviews since Dec. 2013. After about 20 minutes of me trying to work in what qualifications I had, she ended the interview and said that I would hear either way. That was over 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard anything.

Interview Question – None really. I had even "brushed up" on some tough interview questions, but really, there were none. As I said above, she didn't ask me about my qualifications or what other experience could be of value to their company. Not even so much as a "why should we hire you?" "Describe yourself", nothing.   Answer Question

Office Coordinator Interview

Office Coordinator
Durham, NC

I applied online - interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls in January 2013.

Interview Details – long interview

Interview Question – why changing jobs   View Answer

Office Coordinator Interview

Office Coordinator
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls.

Interview Details – Applied online through craigslist, got a phone call to set up an interview the very next day. I talked to my interviewer for about 30 mins (well she did most of the talking) I mostly told her about my experiences on my resume and then she talked about the position that they offered and also told me of her experiences on the job it was more of a laid back conversation. She told me that she would call me in a few days and needless to say I got the job.

Interview Question – Outside of working what is your hobby?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Documentation Specialist Interview

Documentation Specialist
Apex, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls in January 2012.

Interview Details – Spoke with one of the owner/doctors for approximately 8 minutes. She asked me if I had experience with Medicare billing. She called in the manager, who spoke with me and went over my resume for another 10 minutes. She seemed glad to see that I had passed the CPC exam, although I had no actual exprience with coding from charts. I was hired and asked when I would like to start.

Interview Question – Are the hours 10m-6:30pm going to work for you? New empolyees usually take the later shifts.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. "You will start at $14.00 and hour, but raises come early for good work and the doctors are generous at Christmas."

MEDICAL BILLING Interview

MEDICAL BILLING
Durham, NC

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls in January 2011.

Interview Details – Met with owner, he explained his vision, I didn't even know what I was going to be doing.

Interview Question – He asked about my experience - and particular situations with Insurances.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation, it was a set rate - take it or leave it.

Billing Interview

Billing

I applied online - interviewed at Doctors Making Housecalls in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was interviewed after a call. Was hired after one week.

Interview Question – What is your ideal job?   Answer Question

Worked for Doctors Making Housecalls? Contribute to the Community!