DocuSign Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

New Client Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at DocuSign in June 2014.

This interview process was a long one - 2 months between the first contact and final interview. I applied for the position through an employee referral portal and received a call from a recruiter a few days later. After this initial phone interview, I was then scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I got a great vibe from the hiring manager, and he gave me the rundown of the interview process.

The next step was the interview loop, where I met with each of the team members for 30 minutes each. The interview questions were easy, and I had a great rapport with each person that interviewed me. This interview loop lasted 4 hours - in a windowless room, without refreshments or breaks.

Two weeks later, I was scheduled for an hour presentation on any technology, though DocuSign was highly recommended. I learned the ins and outs of the product and gave an hour demonstration on how to use basic functionality of the service. It took about 20 hours of prep time.

In the end, I got a canned email response of how there was someone more suited for the role. I would have liked some feedback, especially after being invested in such a long interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation was the most difficult part, since it required a great deal of outside prep time.   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at DocuSign in March 2014.

It took several weeks before we manage to schedule and interview as we emailed back and forth before settling on a date.
    Went to the downtown location for the interview and was given a tour of the office.
    Recruiter asked a few basic questions to get to know me.
    At the end of the interview, she mentioned that she was going to get back to me but never did even after I emailed her - which I personally thought was bad HR.

Interview Questions
    • Are you interested in cold calling clients?   View Answer

Product Management Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at DocuSign.

Some interviewers are so self-centered they spend more time talking about their personal accomplishments than trying to interview you. Overall, they seem very focused on growth but not on the career of its employees.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me in advance to show my work in a presentation. Once I arrived, the interviewer spent all of his time gloating on his accomplishments and didn't ask to see my presentation.   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at DocuSign.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to interview. I was initially excited about the role, and was happy to interview. In the end, I was told they thought I would "get bored," and they were looking for someone with less experience. (I had 1.5 years of experience at that point.)

Market Development Representative Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at DocuSign in February 2013.

Submitted online resume. Got a call in 1 day for a phone screen. Phone interview scheduled for 3 days later. Phone screen went well. In person interview scheduled for one week later. 1 hour with hiring manager (this was interviewing for a whole new team that hadn't been started yet, so it was unusual to only interview with the recruiter and 1 sales manager. SOP at DocuSign is to be interviewed by at least 2 people on the team you are applying for, as well as your direct manager and 1 upper level manager.) Interview went over my eclectic work history and probed into why I wanted to work for DocuSign. Basically this interview was the best interview I have ever had. The sales manager was very professional, yet drew out my true personality and asked questions to try and figure out 1) If I was going to be excited about/enjoy the job 2) I had the skills to do the job well 3) If I was a good cultural fit. I was more honest in that interview than any others in applying for tech sales jobs, and it paid off very well. Just be honest if you are interviewing for an entry level sales position at DocuSign. You only want to be there if it's a good fit.

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It was entry level.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at DocuSign in May 2012.

starts with phone interview with the hiring manager, went well. simply just chatting, no technical stuff involved. follow by a in person interview. it was a series of 4 interviews with managers from different departments. mostly technical questions and white boarding. relatively easy questions comparing to the software giants (MS, Google, Amazon, etc). the only curve ball that i've encountered is the unexpected interview with the CTO, wasn't prepared but turns out okay.

Interview Questions
    • The elevator question is probably the most difficult question overall but still relatively simply once you get your head straight and beat your nervousness.

question: write a solution to operate elevators in a 10 story building.
        Answer Question
    the hiring manager was asking what do i want for this position and i asked for a little more and was accepted. this may not work with everyone since my experience is more of a senior level but was interviewing for a lower level position

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DocuSign in March 2014.

Contacted by recruiter via LinkedIn. First is introduction round with recruiter. If you are a match profile will be forward to hiring manager followed by 30min technical phone screen.
    Phone screen is basically to know you more and 1 or 2 general design question discussion

Interview Questions
    • * String manipulation questions (see questions from linkedIn , twitter, paypal etc interview)
      * test you on domain specific knowledge required for job
        Answer Question

Support Staff Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at DocuSign in November 2010.

interviewers were distracted, late

Interview Questions
    they weren't interested in negotiating.

Account Executive Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at DocuSign.

Phone screen with recruiter, sales manager, and in-person interview with two other AEs and same Sales Manager

Interview Questions
    • Walk through how you would sell against a lower-priced competitor who offers similar functionality.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Benefits and pay are fixed for AEs.

Sales Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at DocuSign.

Comprehensive and friendly. They started with an email and questionnaire responding to my online resume submittal. This progressed to a phone call with HR, and then in-person with the hiring manager at the main office. Everyone was upbeat and friendly, and seemed honestly interested in learning more about me, not just ticking off answers on a checklist.

Interview Questions
    • In the initial email, they ask you for 3 years of W2s (!) ... and then want to know that info in the first phone discussions too.   View Answer

Worked for DocuSign? Contribute to the Community!