DocuSign

Updated Dec 15, 2014
Updated Dec 15, 2014

2.8

Senior Software Engineer Interview

First their recruiter contacted me. Then forgot to contact me back for almost 2 weeks. So I emailed her to follow-up. She scheduled a call with the Director, which went very well. So of course I expected an onsite soon after. But I didn't hear back for another 2 weeks ! I finally messaged her and then things moved quickly again for 2 more rounds of onsite. Then again nothing since. I have message them once already asking if they could at least tell me their decision.

Even if your decision is negative, at least have the respect for your candidates to let them know in a timely manner.

The onsite was weird. They didn't even give me chance to eat my lunch. So I am sampling bits of food, while the interviewer is asking me to code on the whiteboard ! At least give me sometime to finish my lunch. Or don't say that you are going to serve lunch.

Overall I think docusign needs to have more respect for it's interviewee candidates.

Interview Questions
    • simple questions. some graph traversal, some recursion, some async programming. Can't give out the actual questions (unethical).   Answer Question

Acciunt Executive- Mid-Market Interview

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at DocuSign.

The first 3 calls and in person interviews went great and I was really looking forward to learning what next steps would be for this opportunity. Due to changes within the org (that were not communicated to me) the recruiter dropped the ball and NEVER called me back. I lost a lot of respect for the organization as a whole as the recruitment process is where your future employees learn how they will be treated. The recruiter did remember about a month later and asked that I call him back so he could explain, I did, he never called me back......

Interview Questions
    • Interview was very straight forward. They were interested in making sure I knew how to run a sales cycle. However I learned after the interview both employees that interviewed me, left the company shortly after, never a good sign.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at DocuSign.

One 1/2 hour call with some internal recruiter. Was told I would be moved along in the process as we both agreed the phone screen went well. Then radio silence. No returned voicemails or emails as to date/time for the next steps. Complete waste of time.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic as it was just the initial phone screen   View Answer

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at DocuSign in October 2014.

People are very nice and pleasant. The interview was pretty straight forward. The QA lead asked me couple of questions about my previous project, what challenges I've had what I like to do and so forth.
    Then she gave me an iPad with their app and asked me to perform some testing and to try to find any bugs. I did found bugs on every step of exploring the app. The app was sometimes unresponsive and not very user friendly.

Overall the interview was very easy for me. I don't know what went wrong so I got a bad feedback.

Solution Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at DocuSign in August 2014.

Standard interview process for a Sales Engineer in the SaaS space:
    1 - Phone Screen
    2 - Phone interview with Hiring Manager
    3 - On Site multiple interviews
    4 - Presentation

Everyone was professional and nice during the process. Felt like a two-way interview, which was good and I think got both sides excited to work together.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing out of the ordinary. Know the space and the sales process they use.   Answer Question
    Not much wiggle room with negotiation, but the hiring manager did work with me some, which was appreciated.

Product Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DocuSign in July 2014.

Spent half a day at the office interviewing. Felt like everything went very well. It took more than two weeks to get a response and that was after I called and emailed at least 4 times. Finally I emailed the hiring manager directly and he said there were recruiting org changes and apologized for the delay in letting know they decided to go with someone else. I asked if he could provide me with feedback so I can improve on anything that didn't come across as I hope. He didn't even respond to that request, as if I never asked. Spoke with a few other folks who have interviewed there and all had a bad experience with the interview process.

Product Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at DocuSign.

Some interviewers are so self-centered they spend more time talking about their personal accomplishments than trying to interview you. Overall, they seem very focused on growth but not on the career of its employees.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me in advance to show my work in a presentation. Once I arrived, the interviewer spent all of his time gloating on his accomplishments and didn't ask to see my presentation.   Answer Question

Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at DocuSign.

I was contacted by a recruiter and asked to interview. I was initially excited about the role, and was happy to interview. In the end, I was told they thought I would "get bored," and they were looking for someone with less experience. (I had 1.5 years of experience at that point.)

New Client Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at DocuSign in June 2014.

This interview process was a long one - 2 months between the first contact and final interview. I applied for the position through an employee referral portal and received a call from a recruiter a few days later. After this initial phone interview, I was then scheduled for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I got a great vibe from the hiring manager, and he gave me the rundown of the interview process.

The next step was the interview loop, where I met with each of the team members for 30 minutes each. The interview questions were easy, and I had a great rapport with each person that interviewed me. This interview loop lasted 4 hours - in a windowless room, without refreshments or breaks.

Two weeks later, I was scheduled for an hour presentation on any technology, though DocuSign was highly recommended. I learned the ins and outs of the product and gave an hour demonstration on how to use basic functionality of the service. It took about 20 hours of prep time.

In the end, I got a canned email response of how there was someone more suited for the role. I would have liked some feedback, especially after being invested in such a long interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The presentation was the most difficult part, since it required a great deal of outside prep time.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at DocuSign.

Phone screen with recruiter, sales manager, and in-person interview with two other AEs and same Sales Manager

Interview Questions
    • Walk through how you would sell against a lower-priced competitor who offers similar functionality.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. Benefits and pay are fixed for AEs.