Doeren Mayhew

2.2

Interviews for Top Jobs at Doeren Mayhew

Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Doeren Mayhew in October 2014.

They came to my college and did an informational session about the company. It was their first time on campus. It was a nice meet and greet and the next day I had an interview with a tax manager and it went well. I was then invited to an office interview about 1 week later. I met with an intern, staff,manager, and 2 partners (they refer to as shareholders). One partner said that I may be too nice for the job. I'm not sure what he meant by that. Each interview was conversational, so that was good. The people were nice and down to earth. No technical questions. They notified me about the internship offer about 1.5 weeks later.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Doeren Mayhew in September 2014.

Initial communication from HR was very pleasant. Asked series of questions regarding which positions I would be interested in to help determine interview process from there. I came in for an office interview (3 pairs of interviewers from staff to partners to HR) which took 1.5 hours (30 minutes with each pair of interviewers). I came prepared with many copies of resumes, and ready to answer questions. General questions about past experience and education, no many situational questions which was very nice. I heard back about two weeks later with an offer for a start date in two weeks.

Interview Questions
    • Why did I choose the university that I attended?   View Answer

Staff Accountant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Doeren Mayhew.

Phone Interview with HR, in person interview with HR first, then partners, managers, and then finally staff. Laid back interview, no difficult questions. Partners and managers ask questions based off of your resume, no pre-set personality or situational questions. Staff interview was just about firm culture and to determine whether or not they thought you'd be a good fit.

No negotiation on salary or benefits,

Tax Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Doeren Mayhew in September 2013.

Met recruiter at an on-campus event. They had me skip the campus interview and go straight to the office visit, which consisted of interviews with both domestic and international tax departments. Everyone was really friendly and made an effort to help me relax by cracking jokes and asking informal questions about me as a person. Also asked several resume questions about my previous experience at a CPA firm. I was there for about three hours total since I was interested in both international and domestic.

Make sure you have a lot of genuine questions prepared because many of the people I met with turned the interview over to me.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in five years? What have you heard about DM that makes you interested in working with us? What do you do in your free time?   Answer Question