Dolan Media Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dolan Media

Manager Interview

Spoke with hiring manager and team.

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Senior Advertising Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Dolan Media in May 2010.

Took weeks for an response for to my resume. Offices were nice for a newspaper organization. But organization was looking for a very senior account manager with lots of experience but were only willing to pay for a junior. Circulation of the publication is so low that it would be challenging to meet any goals. Bottom line was it would be impossible to meet numbers. Had a friend who interviewed for a position in another area and had a similar experience. No potential for advancement. Ad director was very nice but no growth or financial possiblities here.

Interview Questions
    • What growth potential is available here?   View Answer
    • How much lineage are you running now and what growth are you expecting.   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dolan Media in July 2009.

I sent an inquiry letter to the Publisher of this company's newspaper in my market. Interviewed with both the Publisher and the Ad Director. The Publisher dominated the interview but seemed satisfied that I could fulfill the job requirements. The Ad Director spent most of his interview advancing the company, trying to insure that I would take a job if it were offered. Office was attractive and employees appeared to be fully engaged in their work. Little down-time or freeloading was apparent. All in all, I concluded it would be a good place to work.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were not difficult or probing. I have no idea how management concluded that I was a good fit for the job.   Answer Question
    Little negotiation. This is NOT a place to work if you are looking for compensation that approximates industry standards!