Dolan Media Interview Questions

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dolan Media

Manager Interview

Interview

Spoke with hiring manager and team.

Negotiation

No negotiation. Take it or leave it.

Senior Advertising Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Dolan Media (Saint Louis, MO) in May 2010.

Interview

Took weeks for an response for to my resume. Offices were nice for a newspaper organization. But organization was looking for a very senior account manager with lots of experience but were only willing to pay for a junior. Circulation of the publication is so low that it would be challenging to meet any goals. Bottom line was it would be impossible to meet numbers. Had a friend who interviewed for a position in another area and had a similar experience. No potential for advancement. Ad director was very nice but no growth or financial possiblities here.

Interview Questions

• What growth potential is available here?   1 Answer
    • How much lineage are you running now and what growth are you expecting.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dolan Media in July 2009.

Interview

I sent an inquiry letter to the Publisher of this company's newspaper in my market. Interviewed with both the Publisher and the Ad Director. The Publisher dominated the interview but seemed satisfied that I could fulfill the job requirements. The Ad Director spent most of his interview advancing the company, trying to insure that I would take a job if it were offered. Office was attractive and employees appeared to be fully engaged in their work. Little down-time or freeloading was apparent. All in all, I concluded it would be a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• Questions were not difficult or probing. I have no idea how management concluded that I was a good fit for the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Little negotiation. This is NOT a place to work if you are looking for compensation that approximates industry standards!