Dole Food

Dole Food Interview Questions

Updated Nov 9, 2014
Updated Nov 9, 2014

Office Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dole Food.

It took about 2 weeks. I applied online and was contacted via email by someone in HR. The woman in HR was very nice and we had a nice conversational talk. When the woman who would be my boss came in she was more professional and had more detailed questions. I had an overall good experience.

Interview Questions
    • How have you dealt with angry customers and how did you handle them?   Answer Question

Treasury Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood Village, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westwood Village, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dole Food in March 2014.

Obtained interview through a recruiter and interviewed with the Treasurer. It was a pleasant and informative interview with good give and take on both sides. The position had a lot of challenges that I was looking forward to addressing.

The treasurer would have liked to do a panel interview with the whole team but that is not the Dole process.The Dole procedure through their in-house recruiter only so getting a straight answer as to why the position was not offered was difficult and I was left to wonder.

Which is typical of this process.

Interview Questions
    • What negative comment did you receive on a review.   View Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dole Food in July 2013.

The working environment, from an aesthetic and ergonomic perspective, is very inviting.

However, the issue here that raised red flags was the unprofessional attitude displayed by the hiring manager. Throughout the interview, she kept bad-mouthing the recruiting agency. She also asked a lot of questions which had no direct correlation to the Jon description posted by the recruiting agency nor the same description posted by other recruiting firms working on the same role for Dole. She was impolite through her repeated interruptions of my explanations which spoke directly to her questions. Each time I successfully answered one of her many off-topic questions, she sought to further raise the bar by introducing additional questions which had no clear correlation to the job in question. She was also condescending and made it clear that she is the most clever person she knows.

Interview Questions
    • Asked for a type of certification that was not posted as a requirement in any of the published job descriptions.   View Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westlake Village, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dole Food in May 2010.

I was already a contracted employee at Dole in the Customer Service Center. I heard about the opening through the Director of the group. She was an extremely intelligent, nice and fair minded woman. Our interview was the standard fare. Basically, she wanted to know if I was interested in the position as I had already proven I fit in and could handle it. She was very easy to work with and talk to so we had a lengthy conversation regarding ideas and the future of the CS Center. It was more like old friends than an interview, as I felt completely at ease.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions came when asked about some of my co-workers. I had become great friends with most all of them. With the exception of a new hire.   View Answer

I had other options available at the time and I pursued them. Also, there was a very strict dress code enforced no matter the weather outside. You are not really able to completely show your own sense of style. While I appreciate any company that wishes its employees to dress for work, Dole's policy (for men) could be unbearable. It was difficult to turn down as it is a wonderful environment on all other aspects.

Project Manager - Warehouse Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dole Food.

I had 3 interviews and some communications form Head Hunters.My plan in future is consecutive looking for appropriate job and I'm studying one more language : Japanese to increase successfull percentage.

Interview Questions
    • I learned about Food Technology and now I'm studying second bachelor : Foreign Trade to innovate my knowledge,and I'm looking forward a appropriate job about F&B and as well as FMCG   Answer Question

nature of job is not appropriate