Dollar Bank

Updated Nov 12, 2014
Updated Nov 12, 2014

2.2

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Bank.

The process took just over 2 weeks. A few days after submitting my application, I was contacted by an HR representative. She asked me a few questions over the phone, and scheduled a face-to-face interview. In the face-to-face interview I was immediately tested on Microsoft Word, and then I interviewed with the HR rep. After the interview, she took me to meet with the heads of the department the job was posted for. I interviewed with them. The whole interview process took about 1.5 hours. I was contacted a week after the face-to-face interview with their decision. Everyone I met was very kind.

Credit Analyst Interview

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar Bank.

I applied online and the recruiter called me the next day. she Asked se behavioral questions and scheduled an in person interview. On the day i had to take an excel exam. I passed than met the recruiter and 3 other people in the department. The interview was 2 hours long. Haven't heard anything back yet.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Bank.

Telephone Interview and then if they decide to continue a interview Downtown. Finally an interview with the Branch Manager. This way you are able to see the branch you will be working at and a glimpse at who the Branch Manager is you will be working under.

Interview Questions
    • The Interviews were pretty easy. I was asked about my long term goals and about how long I planned to be at the bank.   Answer Question
    No negotiation it was this is what our tellers start at/

PartTime Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar Bank.

Applied on bank website to a particular branch. Received a call for telephonic interview. Questions asked were regarding my previous customer service experience.

FtoF Interview with HR personnel. Some of the questions asked were
    Why should we hire you?
    Give an instance where you handled a tough/irate customer?
    Details about references provided in the application?
    Why did you leave your previous job?
    What do you know about Dollar Bank?
    Are the hours of this branch ok for you?
    What is your weakness? How do overcome?
    Have you applied anywhere else?
    What did you dislike in your job?
    Why teller job?
    How would you provide good customer service as a teller?
    What is a good customer service according to you?
    What are the things your company would say you are good at?

2nd round of interview
    Some of the questions were
    How would you handle irate customer?
    Why should we hire you?
    What is a good customer service?
    Do you have cash handling experience?

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. Salary as expected.

Part Time Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Bank.

I filed the application online and got an interview invitation in two days. The first interview was with the HR manager- easy going, general questions. Second interview was with the branch manager. I came to the branch 15 minutes before. I waited in the lobby 40 minutes!!. Through the glass wall, I saw the branch manager who first was talking on the phone for about 5 min, then just sitting and looking outside through the window. I stood up to look around the branch and he called me immediately- he probably thought I was going to leave. Well, I had that thought. He just wanted to show who the boss was. Later, I found out that this branch had the highest employees turnover. The interview was easy, like a joke. No serious or difficult questions. They called all people on my reference list. The supervisor from my prior job was on my list but they could not reach her because she was on vacation. So, they asked me to provide somebody else as a reference. Surely, I gave the manager information- they called her.

I got the call with the offer next day. The HR manager who called to make the offer sounded disappointed when I told him that I need to think about it and I would call him with my decision by the end of the day.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Bank.

The hiring process at Dollar Bank is pretty simple. They really prefer to hire within the bank so often times the only way to find about about jobs in the company is to have your foot in the door, that is how I found this job.

The first step was to complete and forward an online application to the hiring director which mainly asked bout you previous experiences in the work place and at Dollar Bank. After that is done they will go through the applications and if they think you're a potential fit they will call to schedule an interview. They also take the time to notify you if you were not selected which I thought was nice since we've all be left hanging on job applications before.

On the day of the interview I went to the companies main office in Gateway Center. The first part of the interview was a skills test on Microsoft Word and Excel. The skills tests were for the most part pretty simple as long as you have a decent understand of the programs, nothing to extreme but you have to be careful to do the test exactly as described or you will get dinged for it.

The in-person interview was in a conference room with myself and the two heads of the department for which the job was posted. They were very personable and it was a very low-pressure interview. I would say half of the time was spent discussing the job and duties and the other half was assessing my fit for the position.

Overall a very easy interview experience.

Interview Questions
    • Describe one time that you had conflict within your group and how you overcame it?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation possible.

Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar Bank in August 2012.

It was as vanilla as a hiring process can be. I dazzled them with very little experience.

Interview Questions
    There were no negotiations. It was a take it or leave it.

Loan Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar Bank in October 2011.

I was contacted by phone to interview with an HR Representative as well as a VP within the real estate underwriting department. They were inviting and the interview was more conversational then technical.

Interview Questions
    • Please give an example of your problem solving skills.   Answer Question

I decided to take another position.

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Bank in November 2010.

I applied online. They called me about a week later out of the blue. I thought the phone interview went great until they caught me off guard and asked me my salary expectations. I thought this was weird for the first interview.

Interview Questions

I told them what my salary requirements were and there was a difference of $14,000 of what they wanted to pay me.

Bank Teller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Bank in February 2010.

This interview caught me off guard. I found it to be intensely professional, considering that I was applying to be a bank teller. It lasted more than an hour while I was asked several behavioral interview questions, all read directly from a standard document. They were definitely most interested in the level of research I had conducted on the company. I felt that I made a great connection with the branch manager present, but not as much with the human resources representative actually conducting the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Identify a situation in which your team communication broke down. How did you handle it?   Answer Question