Dollar General Cashier Interview Questions

1.7

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General in September 2014.

Application, phone interview then an in person interview. Very nice staff. The manager rescheduled interviews twice but he was very busy. Everyone smiled so it's really a comforting place to be.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you see an employee steal.   View Answer

Pay was not right

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar General

Cashier Interview

Basic questions about handling difficult people, working with others, etc...
    They also want to know about availability and how long you plan on being with the company
    Be prepared to take a test testing your integrity and what not, they are trying to determine if you will steal and there's a drug test

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an innate costumer   View Answer
    There wasn't one they start cashiers off at minimum wage

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eton, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar General in June 2014.

Interview went great really one of the easiest interviews I have ever done the hiring manager ask me a few questions which were answered about retail and if I have ever worked in retail before

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar General in March 2014.

There was only one interview, and I was contacted six months after originally applying to the job. Once there, the store was very crowded and the hiring manager seemed to be highly frazzled. After being contacted for the job, it went rather quickly.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General in March 2014.

Constantly Interrupted, walked around the store so she could work, took way to long messed up my other plans for the day, pointless!

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General in December 2013.

it was very quick, lasted 10 mins top. I was asked mostly about availability

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paradis, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paradis, LA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General in August 2013.

I applied online and was given a test. There was no interview per say. I was asked to come in and fill out paperwork on the computer. She also asked how much I wanted to work and I was told no jackets can be worn and absolutely no purses.

Interview Questions
    • There were no questions because there wasn't an interview.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar General in March 2013.

Very easy process. Interviewers were very easy going and easy to speak with. They asked probing questions.

Interview Questions
    Very easy. They offered the position as a conditional offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar General in December 2012.

quick and easy.fill out the app online,take assessment and pass,come in and talk to the manager,when your background check comes back cleared you have to come back in to fillout your paperwork to start employment.

Cashier Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar General in August 2012.

The hiring process was easy. I put in a application on line. They called me back in like 3 days to schedule an interview. My interview was two days from that call. I walked in the office sat down..... And he gave me a paper to take home to start hiring process that's it just background. They don't tell you when it's done u just wait lol