Dollar General

Average Difficulty
19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier

I applied in-person - interviewed at Dollar General in January 2010.

Interview Details – show up.
They make you come back many times.
Be yourself and hope they like you.
Also, let them know about your flexibility in advance. They do not care if something comes up, You will have to work.

Interview Question – tell me a time when you had a problem, and you had to take proactive measures to resolve it.   Answer Question

Eton, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar General in June 2014.

Interview Details – Interview went great really one of the easiest interviews I have ever done the hiring manager ask me a few questions which were answered about retail and if I have ever worked in retail before

Interview Question – If I have ever worked in retail   View Answer

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar General in March 2014.

Interview Details – There was only one interview, and I was contacted six months after originally applying to the job. Once there, the store was very crowded and the hiring manager seemed to be highly frazzled. After being contacted for the job, it went rather quickly.

Interview Question – Would I like to train to be a manager?   Answer Question

Mineral Bluff, GA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dollar General in April 2012.

Interview Details – I already knew the prior Manager. There was no interview except to take a test and when can you start?

Interview Question – There were no questions   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar General in March 2014.

Interview Details – Constantly Interrupted, walked around the store so she could work, took way to long messed up my other plans for the day, pointless!

Interview Question – Wasnt asked any difficult question   Answer Question

Paradis, LA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar General in August 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was given a test. There was no interview per say. I was asked to come in and fill out paperwork on the computer. She also asked how much I wanted to work and I was told no jackets can be worn and absolutely no purses.

Interview Question – There were no questions because there wasn't an interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Cashier

I applied online - interviewed at Dollar General in December 2013.

Interview Details – it was very quick, lasted 10 mins top. I was asked mostly about availability

Interview Question – What do you know about Dollar General?   Answer Question

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar General in March 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy process. Interviewers were very easy going and easy to speak with. They asked probing questions.

Interview Question – Do you have a social life?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very easy. They offered the position as a conditional offer.

Philadelphia, PA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dollar General in December 2012.

Interview Details – quick and easy.fill out the app online,take assessment and pass,come in and talk to the manager,when your background check comes back cleared you have to come back in to fillout your paperwork to start employment.

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dollar General in August 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring process was easy. I put in a application on line. They called me back in like 3 days to schedule an interview. My interview was two days from that call. I walked in the office sat down..... And he gave me a paper to take home to start hiring process that's it just background. They don't tell you when it's done u just wait lol

Interview Question – There was o question except is 8.00 ok?   Answer Question

Worked for Dollar General? Contribute to the Community!