Dollar General Interview Questions in Goodlettsville, TN

Updated Jun 29, 2015

3.2

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodlettsville, TN

Interview

3 phone interviews. Recruiter, company HR and then hiring manager 2 on site interviews with HR and hiring manager Given tour of facility then lunch with Sr. Directors of Dept This lasted 4 hours

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in this area What are your recommendations for improvement What difficulties have had and how did you overcome   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation The offer came in for more than what I was asking for

Human Resources Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in August 2014.

Interview

Very quick. Two phone interviews. One face to face field interview. One corporate interview (9 people). It was great to have the opportunity to meet with multiple HR Directors for both field and corporate functions.

Merchandise Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screening interview with two managers. An in-person interview was set up for a few weeks later. In-person interview: Interviewed with six people split into three interviews of about twenty to thirty minutes apiece.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position? What do you believe that you would be doing in this job? Why do you feel like you are qualified for this job? How will your prior job experience help you excel in this position? What is your favorite job you have ever had? How would your rate your proficiency in Excel?   Answer Question

Regional Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

Process took four months. They courted me through the process and then they said I was looking for too much money. I told them my salary requirements right from the first meeting. I have no respect for the HR leadership at Dollar General.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. One that stands out was where do you want to be in ten years. I told them Vice President of HR and had a plan on how this could be achieved.   Answer Question

Human Resource Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in October 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter. From there I was interviewed via telephone 4 times, followed by an onsite visit to Goodlettsville, TN. People were pleasant but interview seemed a bit unorganized.

Interview Questions

• What is your specific method for recruiting potential employees?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

I went through a phone interview and then a series of one on one interviews with senior leaders.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

Short phone interview, and then in person interview at their headquarters. Very friendly laid back interview. Positive experience all around

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Fairly standard interview questions with a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

Week 1 - Phone interview with a pleasant HR person and standard questions. This was the most professional of all the interviews I participated in. Week 2, 3 in-person interviews, first with an HR manager who asked very few questions and the second with two direct reports who asked even fewer questions. The lack of questions seemed to me to be an indicator that they were not interested in hiring me, so I was very surprised to be called back for a third time. I interviewed with the head of the department. Even more surprisingly, this person was extremely aggressive and condescending. In my experience, at this stage in the interview process, potential employers seem enthusiastic about your qualifications rather than dismissive. Overall, it was an extremely unprofessional and unpleasant interview process, which to me did not bode well for the company overall. Had they offered me the position I would have refused it.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were all typical interview questions.   1 Answer

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in October 2010.

Interview

Interviewed for a position with an outside vendor who works on-site with Dollar General. Had two interviews with vendor company and then met with the client representative (Dollar General). This was one of the worst interviews I've ever had. The Dollar General employee was gruff and extremely rude. Spoke quickly and basically wanted to let me know if I took the job it would be a "dictatorship", I would have to do everything he told me to do with little, if any, input on my part. He wasn't interested in someone with a brain that could bring a fresh eye to the situation, he just wanted someone to carry out his demands. Told me this would be a 24/7 job and asked if when a crisis came along and he was yelling at me to get things done, if I would "cry like a little girl." I maintained my professional demeanor, but this guy had a God complex. I spoke with an employee of Dollar General before going into the interview who told me, "When he calls you in to give you a project, you better ask all your questions right then, because if you come back to him later to ask a question, he'll bite your head off." The office was very comtemporary and the lobby was nice. The receptionist was very polite and helpful. A friend of mine who previously worked there, told me Dollar General was a "sweat shop" and after being there for my interview, I concur.

Interview Questions

• When there is a crisis situation and I am yelling at you to get something done, will you cry like a little girl?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in April 2009.

Interview

My interview with the HR team was very professional and consistent with my expectations. The Divisional VP of Operations for the KY market was the distinct disappointment. He was arrogant and frankly unprofessional. He openly mocked my credentials and all but called me a liar. He insinuated that despite more than 3 decades as a successful retail manager I "might" not be qualified to work for DG. He forgets that the interview process is just as much about ME sizing them up as them sizing me up! No wonder the comments on this site reference the fact that the same mindset prevails even with store associates! A REAL SHAME!!!!