Dollar General Interview Questions

Updated Jul 30, 2015

1.9

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

Went extremely well (which is where they 'get' you), Manager seemed nice, respectful, and serious about work. Asked all of the common questions and made small talk while doing so. She seemed very interested after I had told her I had open availability (my MISTAKE). Now, I don't even know how she had the TIME for that interview! She acted as if she would teach me everything I needed to know that she was very 'on hand' when it came to training.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

it took me a day to get offered the job but two weeks to get hired because of poor manager skills. she had no clue what she was doing and when I asked her about the uniform she said no uniform just dark colored shirt and jeans.

Interview Questions

• no interview questions. she just offered it to me and showed me the store   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar General in July 2015.

Interview

I initially filled out an application for multiple positions for a job within a new store. I received a phone call to come in for an interview that was rather short notice. The interview went pretty quick

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Did my application on Friday, got a call on Monday to come in on a Tuesday at 2pm.. I met the manager he was pretty nice and cool! He asked me about my availability, my retail experience & he basically told me that I was hired, but the human resources had to review my application and that they would send me my hourly wage based on my experience and that I would get the rest of the hiring packet in my email & if I pass my background check he will give me a call back.. The hiring process basically takes 2-3 weeks

Interview Questions

• Do I mind having to work a lot of hours?   2 Answers

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

I interviewed at a store that was established for a position at a store still being put together. Interview was brief and to the point. Interviewer was a sincere and accomplished manager. The interviewer was the manager that I would be working for if hired which was a plus because I got to gauge whether or not we had professional chemistry.

Interview Questions

• Why do yo want to work for dollar general?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar General (Wichita, KS).

Interview

I did not have an interview process. I had a friend that worked there who referred me to the manager. I went and spoke to the manager while she was working. A few days later, she put me on the schedule.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview

Brought me in for a interview and hired me on the spot. It was pretty straight forward. Easiest interview I think I've ever had. He asked if I was okay with minimum wage and I said yes. I don't know what else to say but glassdoor says I need to have a 50 word minimum. I like pies.

Temporary Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General (Tampa, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Only 2 questions. The interviewers did most of the talking. Explained what the job requirements were. A new store is being built and they are needing people to help setup the new store after which viewing all temp workers will then decide which of the temp employees to keep as full time staff.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Panama City Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dollar General (Panama City Beach, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

it was short and to the point. Angie was nice and was helpful in all my questions. Took her a couple days to call back but i got the job and started the next week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Dollar General (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

I showed up dressed business casual(-ish) and waited for about 15 minutes for the manager to be ready. Sat me down and asked a few easy, generic interview questions that came from the corporate hiring packet. Then started talking about hours, pay rate, and I knew I had the job. Didn't take long and no stress.

Interview Questions

• What is your definition of customer service   1 Answer