Dollar General Interview Questions

2.0

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online - interviewed at Dollar General.

Applied online hiring manager called me 3 days later , went for an interview the next day the manager was very laid back I felt comfortable the told me to check my email and fill out the employment pack and after my back ground check came back id be getting a call from the manager with my schedule . The manager called me about a week later with my schedule for that upcoming week to start work.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you seen a coworker stealing from work?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar General in July 2010.

One interview in the manager's office the day after I turned in my application... I was basically a formality. Started working the next week. Easy as can be. I think he was just seeing if I had a good personality for a customer service environment.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Quinton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quinton, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar General in September 2014.

It was easy. I went in there positive and was asked about my availability. that was it. He told me I would be making 7.50 and told me to check my email for the hiring package.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or un expected questions. No question really.   Answer Question
    It was no negotiation.

Lead Associate Manager 4th Key Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Dollar General.

I applied online and received a phone call from the hiring manager of another store. He told me that the position was part time and that I would make exactly what I asked for on my application.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Dollar General.

Went to a job fair and talked to a store manager and the dm, Dm said he would call back in a few days but never did. Was also called by a store manager for an interview. I called after a few days since I hadn't heard anything back. I guess she was just going to leave me hanging. Said the most she MIGHT be able to offer was 9.50 an hr! Most people started at 9 but since I had several years of experience I might be worth .50 more? DM somehow forgot to mention that this was an overnight position! No incentive for working 3rd shift. Spectacular.

Interview Questions
    • None. All general questions about your experience and customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Moundville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Moundville, AL

I applied online - interviewed at Dollar General in March 2010.

I had only one interview. During the interview, I had to watch videos, and do an assessment test. I filled out alot of paper work for the 90 day training program and other important benefits.

Dollar General Third Key Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar General in February 2011.

the interview went very well. I was at ease and had no reason to be nervous. the manager that interviewed me made me feel so comfortable. the process was easy, I answered a few questions and took an online quiz that only took about ten minutes

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question in this interview and any interview would be tell me your strengths and weeknesses   Answer Question
    try for a higher pay rate you may get it

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Westland, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westland, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar General in December 2013.

Called in two days after applying. Manager basically told me what the job entailed and asked if I was interested. I asked a few questions about shifts, off time and schedule flexibility and it was done. Started working a week later. Probably one of the easiest interviews I've ever had :)

No negotiation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Dollar General in February 2014.

Applied online and received a call from an HR manager. After completing a phone screen with the HR manager my information was forwarded to a district manager. I was set up last minute to interview with two district managers at one of their retail locations. Interview mainly consisted of my relevant work experience. They provided feedback on experience and also had follow-up questions as I talked. They asked very few outright questions of me except what my experience was with recruitment, development, coaching, and terminations. At the conclusion of the interview I was offered the position on the spot to work with either district manager. Both district managers seemed very eager to work with me and appeared to both be a good support staff for store management.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult questions for this interview   Answer Question

Annual compensation rates are set based on store location and volume. DM's don't have power to offer more based on experience. I declined the offer due to the low annual compensation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at Dollar General.

Piece of cake. Store manager was super laid back. She asked me a few simple questions, then proceeded to ask when I could begin. I'm sure this process will depend on the manager however. Some may be tougher than others.

Worked for Dollar General? Contribute to the Community!