Dollar General

2.0

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lansing, MI

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dollar General.

Typical interview process is 2 step. The regional manager was in the area so interview with them as well as district manager. Thus eliminating a step. General structure of company was discussed. Scheduling was discussed excluding your expectation to 6 days. Structure of delivery schedules and expectations of having trucks processed and stocked.

Interview Questions
    • Fairly straight forward questions if you experienced at running stores. What are priorities in running a store. How do you handle customer complaints. How do you handle issues with subordinates.   Answer Question
    They try to lowball you salary wise. Hold your ground if you are experienced.

District Manager Interview

Phone interview went well, asked detailed questions that were very specific to the job. Overall, went well. Seemed like a lot of work for the responsibility, hours, and the pay was not going to be that great. The HR was very friendly and had a lot of great advice even though I didn't get the job. If nothing else a great learning experience.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General in November 2014.

The interview process was fairly simple after I completed the application and the assessment I called to verify they had received everything they needed. An interview was set up that for the following day and after about 3 days I received the new hire packet in my email. The manager called me the next day after I completed the packet.

Interview Questions
    • Simple questions such as what if a customer drops a $10 on their way out and you can't catch them before they leave, what do you do with the money? Very easy interview.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

The process was very simple the manager just greeted me and told me to go into the office to take an assessment test, then after I passed I was hired. I didn't have to take a drug test or under go a background check to my knowledge as I didn't consent to one.

None, set hourly

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General.

It was very quick and easy. She asked me my available hours. The only interview type question was about my experience. Then she offered me the position. I was there only about 10 minutes.

Lead Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General in October 2014.

I applied online. About 1 week later got a call for an interview. I had to take a drug test and they did a background check. It took about a week for those to get processed and I started right away.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any questions ask other than when can you start.   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar General.

I applied for a job at Dollar General after noticing an ad saying they were hiring. I gave the manager my application and she called me the next day, I went for the interview and was told to take the training program on the computer. At first she didn't say I was hired and so I was told to take a drug test and then called and told I was hired. She said to wait for a call to set up my hours and told me "Welcome to the Dollar General Family". On Monday I was out getting medicine for my son in law, and the new manager called, they were changing stores cause a new one had opened. So he asked me for my full name, I gave it to him. Then he said "Oh your that cute young white chick that comes in here, Right? I was like no, and he said real quickly, "Oh let me call you back" and he never did. I waited a couple of days and when I called again, my information had been completely lost.

I don't think that they are very professional, and he was only looking for young cute females. The first manger was a bit aloof but I chalked it up to her being rushed to the new store.

Interview Questions
    • "Oh your that cute young white chick that comes in here"   View Answer
    I never was given any hours.

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General.

Applied online hiring manager called me 3 days later , went for an interview the next day the manager was very laid back I felt comfortable the told me to check my email and fill out the employment pack and after my back ground check came back id be getting a call from the manager with my schedule . The manager called me about a week later with my schedule for that upcoming week to start work.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you seen a coworker stealing from work?   Answer Question

Lead Associate Manager 4th Key Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General.

I applied online and received a phone call from the hiring manager of another store. He told me that the position was part time and that I would make exactly what I asked for on my application.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar General in September 2014.

I applied online for 6 different stores open in the area within a 50 mile radius. I was called a few days later by the Region Manager for an interview. Did a 1 on 1 interview with her the next day. Was very welcoming and drilled me on my past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a favorite boss? Why were was he your favorite?   View Answer
    I was called the next day, after an extensive reference check with an offer.