Dollar General

263 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar General in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was called within an hour of submitting my application. I the initial phone call was very professional and positive. My interview went very smooth and I was offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Question – I was asked what I would do if two of my employees started arguing on the floor in front of customers.   Answer Question

Lead Sales Associate Interview

Lead Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar General in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired on the spot. She loved my resume and was impressed with my overall professionalism. She showed me around the facility and got to know me a little bit. She was very cooperative when it came to my school schedule, as I told her that I was a student. She told me as long as I passed the drug test I was hired.

Interview Question – She didnt really ask many questions if at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. We were somewhat on the same page.

Store Manager Candidate Interview

Store Manager Candidate

I applied online - interviewed at Dollar General in April 2014.

Interview Details – I got a phone call in one week , ask to meet with a training manager. the follow day I was call in to meet the dm and few days later I had a offer.

Interview Question – none basic questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar General in October 2013.

Interview Details – Not difficult at all. 1 with the District Manager and 1 with the Regional Manager. The questions were routine and both of them were polite and friendly. Nothing was improper and they were quite professional. My only real complaint was that it took about 2 weeks and it should have been faster considering their needs.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person - interviewed at Dollar General in January 2010.

Interview Details – show up.
They make you come back many times.
Be yourself and hope they like you.
Also, let them know about your flexibility in advance. They do not care if something comes up, You will have to work.

Interview Question – tell me a time when you had a problem, and you had to take proactive measures to resolve it.   Answer Question

Dollar General Third Key Interview

Dollar General Third Key
Oklahoma City, OK

I applied in-person - interviewed at Dollar General in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple process. Submit the application and then be tenacious about checking in with the employer. Let them know how badly I want the position. Then the Interview. I was honest and just being myself. Stayed on the positives and away from any negatives.

Interview Question – What does Integrity mean to you? I have always prided myself on my integrity and was surprised to be asked about it. I thought that was great.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview Details – I applied online after going to the store one day and finding out that they were hiring. It took about an hour to complete but the assessment was fairly easy. Two days later I received a call from the manager asking me to come in the following afternoon for an interview. During this interview I was mainly asked about my last job, how I handled certain situations, and the duties I had while I was there. The manager was very nice and discussed the dress code, pay rate, job duties, and other basic job-related information with me. After the interview was over, he seemed to like what he heard and told me that he would give me a call as soon as the person who was leaving left. I received another call about a week later from the manager asking me to come in for a second interview the following morning. During this interview I met with the assistant manager and she went more into detail about the job-related information that was discussed in the first interview and asked me more in-depth questions about why I wanted to work there and what I expected from this opportunity, as well as whether or not I felt that I was physically capable of handling all aspects of the job. She seemed to like that I had register experience. This interview went well also and the assistant manager would talk it over with the manager. The manager was in at the time so they talked everything over briefly and gave me a conditional offer on the spot, but told me that I would have to complete the online hiring packet and pass a background check first. I received an e-mail with the steps and completed everything that same day and was called with an official offer and a start date the next day.

Interview Questions

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

Cashier/Sales Associate
Bamberg, SC

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dollar General in July 2014.

Interview Details – Didn't get a chance to do a real in-depth interview due to her first question being, "Where do you attend school?" I was home for the summer and be'd leaving in August so I wasn't hired.

Started As A Key Holder Worked Up to Assistant Manager Interview

Started As A Key Holder Worked Up to Assistant Manager
Fort Washington, MD

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dollar General in December 2010.

Interview Details – I went to a job fair I pass the general test. Then I got a call for a interview had to just general information about yourself to see if you ca sell yourself

Interview Question – the salary to get what you think you are worth   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – my salary

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Alton, IL

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dollar General in June 2014.

Interview Details – I had two interviews. The first one lasted about 5 minutes and the store manager talked on the phone for 3 of them. My second interview the next day was with the other manager and she was wayy more professional about handling the interview. This one lasted around 10 minutes and she told me to call them if I didn't hear from them. They called me two days later and told me that I got the job. =D

Worked for Dollar General? Contribute to the Community!