Dollar General

269 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied online and interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview Details – Was pretty simple,I applied on line then called a couple days later.I went in for a interview after that I passed my background check.The next week I was already in training.

Interview Question – Will you be able to do the job.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Horrible Management

Cashier Interview

Cashier

Interviewed at Dollar General

Interview Details – Basic questions about handling difficult people, working with others, etc...
They also want to know about availability and how long you plan on being with the company
Be prepared to take a test testing your integrity and what not, they are trying to determine if you will steal and there's a drug test

Interview Question – How would you handle an innate costumer   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There wasn't one they start cashiers off at minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar General in August 2011.

Interview Details – I brought my application in, was brought back to the store manager, interviewed mainly about what I'd written down (availability, work experience, etc.) and was told I was hired on the spot.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview Details – I took a test as part of the online application process. The test consisted of classic personality and morality questions in addition to basic business management concepts and scenarios. Human Resources (HR) called a couple days later and scheduled a HR phone interview, which was a very informal exchange of information both ways. I then had in-person interviews with both the District Manager (DM) and the Regional Manager (RM). Both the DM and RM interviews were standard, sit-down, formal conversations. The day after the RM interview I received a new hire packet via email. The drug test was scheduled automatically as part of filling out the new hire packet.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected, everything was professional and industry standard.   Answer Question

Dollar General Sales Associate Interview

Dollar General Sales Associate

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar General in September 2012.

Interview Details – The manager has no idea what they are doing and just ask random questions from the top of their head. It was very informal and awkward. No seating was even provided at the start of the interview in the tiny office space.

Interview Question – Are you going to work every single holiday?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dollar General.

Interview Details – The process was broken up, poorly managed and (what I found out later) indicative of the company as a whole. Some of the people interviewing me seemed to care and have the company's best interest at heart. However, several of the people showed a sincere lack of dedication and common decency.

Interview Question – Tell us about your greatest failure and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – It wasn't the right fit culturally for me.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar General in July 2014.

Interview Details – I was called within an hour of submitting my application. I the initial phone call was very professional and positive. My interview went very smooth and I was offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Question – I was asked what I would do if two of my employees started arguing on the floor in front of customers.   Answer Question

Lead Sales Associate Interview

Lead Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar General in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was hired on the spot. She loved my resume and was impressed with my overall professionalism. She showed me around the facility and got to know me a little bit. She was very cooperative when it came to my school schedule, as I told her that I was a student. She told me as long as I passed the drug test I was hired.

Interview Question – She didnt really ask many questions if at all.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. We were somewhat on the same page.

Store Manager Candidate Interview

Store Manager Candidate

I applied online - interviewed at Dollar General in April 2014.

Interview Details – I got a phone call in one week , ask to meet with a training manager. the follow day I was call in to meet the dm and few days later I had a offer.

Interview Question – none basic questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar General in October 2013.

Interview Details – Not difficult at all. 1 with the District Manager and 1 with the Regional Manager. The questions were routine and both of them were polite and friendly. Nothing was improper and they were quite professional. My only real complaint was that it took about 2 weeks and it should have been faster considering their needs.

Worked for Dollar General? Contribute to the Community!