Dollar General Interview Questions

Updated Oct 15, 2014
Updated Oct 15, 2014

2.0

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General.

It was very quick and easy. She asked me my available hours. The only interview type question was about my experience. Then she offered me the position. I was there only about 10 minutes.

Lead Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General in October 2014.

I applied online. About 1 week later got a call for an interview. I had to take a drug test and they did a background check. It took about a week for those to get processed and I started right away.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any questions ask other than when can you start.   Answer Question
    no negotiations

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smyrna, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar General.

I applied for a job at Dollar General after noticing an ad saying they were hiring. I gave the manager my application and she called me the next day, I went for the interview and was told to take the training program on the computer. At first she didn't say I was hired and so I was told to take a drug test and then called and told I was hired. She said to wait for a call to set up my hours and told me "Welcome to the Dollar General Family". On Monday I was out getting medicine for my son in law, and the new manager called, they were changing stores cause a new one had opened. So he asked me for my full name, I gave it to him. Then he said "Oh your that cute young white chick that comes in here, Right? I was like no, and he said real quickly, "Oh let me call you back" and he never did. I waited a couple of days and when I called again, my information had been completely lost.

I don't think that they are very professional, and he was only looking for young cute females. The first manger was a bit aloof but I chalked it up to her being rushed to the new store.

Interview Questions
    • "Oh your that cute young white chick that comes in here"   View Answer
    I never was given any hours.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General.

Applied online hiring manager called me 3 days later , went for an interview the next day the manager was very laid back I felt comfortable the told me to check my email and fill out the employment pack and after my back ground check came back id be getting a call from the manager with my schedule . The manager called me about a week later with my schedule for that upcoming week to start work.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you seen a coworker stealing from work?   Answer Question

Lead Associate Manager 4th Key Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General.

I applied online and received a phone call from the hiring manager of another store. He told me that the position was part time and that I would make exactly what I asked for on my application.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar General.

Went to a job fair and talked to a store manager and the dm, Dm said he would call back in a few days but never did. Was also called by a store manager for an interview. I called after a few days since I hadn't heard anything back. I guess she was just going to leave me hanging. Said the most she MIGHT be able to offer was 9.50 an hr! Most people started at 9 but since I had several years of experience I might be worth .50 more? DM somehow forgot to mention that this was an overnight position! No incentive for working 3rd shift. Spectacular.

Interview Questions
    • None. All general questions about your experience and customer service.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar General in September 2014.

I applied online for 6 different stores open in the area within a 50 mile radius. I was called a few days later by the Region Manager for an interview. Did a 1 on 1 interview with her the next day. Was very welcoming and drilled me on my past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a favorite boss? Why were was he your favorite?   View Answer
    I was called the next day, after an extensive reference check with an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quinton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quinton, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General in September 2014.

It was easy. I went in there positive and was asked about my availability. that was it. He told me I would be making 7.50 and told me to check my email for the hiring package.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or un expected questions. No question really.   Answer Question
    It was no negotiation.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General in September 2014.

Application, phone interview then an in person interview. Very nice staff. The manager rescheduled interviews twice but he was very busy. Everyone smiled so it's really a comforting place to be.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you see an employee steal.   View Answer

Pay was not right

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dollar General in September 2014.

Well her in memphis it is a slow process i applied for numerious store got a call baxk with in a couple of days to set up an interview the next day with sore manager.then a week later i had my pre employment packet emailed to me an completed it on monday. HR then called me thursday to schedule the phne interview the next day which was friday it went very well, and was told everything looks good so i should be getting a phne call from store manager with my schedule,she called me that following tuesday to tell me that she waiting on the pre-employment backgroung check that i did a week prior i was shocked it haddn't came thru but she says it usually takes to weeks so im still waiting for that as of today and thats been 3 weeks since ive applied

Interview Questions
    • there really was no difficult questions just knw shrink and lost provention   Answer Question
    none