Dollar General Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 20, 2014
270 interviews

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Dollar General.

Piece of cake. Store manager was super laid back. She asked me a few simple questions, then proceeded to ask when I could begin. I'm sure this process will depend on the manager however. Some may be tougher than others.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Dollar General.

Was pretty simple,I applied on line then called a couple days later.I went in for a interview after that I passed my background check.The next week I was already in training.

Horrible Management

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dollar General.

I took a test as part of the online application process. The test consisted of classic personality and morality questions in addition to basic business management concepts and scenarios. Human Resources (HR) called a couple days later and scheduled a HR phone interview, which was a very informal exchange of information both ways. I then had in-person interviews with both the District Manager (DM) and the Regional Manager (RM). Both the DM and RM interviews were standard, sit-down, formal conversations. The day after the RM interview I received a new hire packet via email. The drug test was scheduled automatically as part of filling out the new hire packet.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected, everything was professional and industry standard.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Basic questions about handling difficult people, working with others, etc...
    They also want to know about availability and how long you plan on being with the company
    Be prepared to take a test testing your integrity and what not, they are trying to determine if you will steal and there's a drug test

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an innate costumer   View Answer
    There wasn't one they start cashiers off at minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar General in August 2011.

I brought my application in, was brought back to the store manager, interviewed mainly about what I'd written down (availability, work experience, etc.) and was told I was hired on the spot.

Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar General in July 2014.

I was called within an hour of submitting my application. I the initial phone call was very professional and positive. My interview went very smooth and I was offered the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked what I would do if two of my employees started arguing on the floor in front of customers.   Answer Question

Dollar General Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar General in September 2012.

The manager has no idea what they are doing and just ask random questions from the top of their head. It was very informal and awkward. No seating was even provided at the start of the interview in the tiny office space.

Project Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Dollar General.

The process was broken up, poorly managed and (what I found out later) indicative of the company as a whole. Some of the people interviewing me seemed to care and have the company's best interest at heart. However, several of the people showed a sincere lack of dedication and common decency.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your greatest failure and how you handled it.   Answer Question

It wasn't the right fit culturally for me.

Lead Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar General in August 2012.

I was hired on the spot. She loved my resume and was impressed with my overall professionalism. She showed me around the facility and got to know me a little bit. She was very cooperative when it came to my school schedule, as I told her that I was a student. She told me as long as I passed the drug test I was hired.

Interview Questions
    Not much negotiation. We were somewhat on the same page.

Store Manager Candidate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Dollar General in April 2014.

I got a phone call in one week , ask to meet with a training manager. the follow day I was call in to meet the dm and few days later I had a offer.

no negotiation

Worked for Dollar General? Contribute to the Community!