Dollar General

Updated Jan 13, 2015
Updated Jan 13, 2015

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar General.

Went to a job fair and talked to a store manager and the dm, Dm said he would call back in a few days but never did. Was also called by a store manager for an interview. I called after a few days since I hadn't heard anything back. I guess she was just going to leave me hanging. Said the most she MIGHT be able to offer was 9.50 an hr! Most people started at 9 but since I had several years of experience I might be worth .50 more? DM somehow forgot to mention that this was an overnight position! No incentive for working 3rd shift. Spectacular.

Interview Questions
    • None. All general questions about your experience and customer service.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General.

Applied online hiring manager called me 3 days later , went for an interview the next day the manager was very laid back I felt comfortable the told me to check my email and fill out the employment pack and after my back ground check came back id be getting a call from the manager with my schedule . The manager called me about a week later with my schedule for that upcoming week to start work.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you seen a coworker stealing from work?   Answer Question

Lead Associate Manager 4th Key Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General.

I applied online and received a phone call from the hiring manager of another store. He told me that the position was part time and that I would make exactly what I asked for on my application.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar General in September 2014.

I applied online for 6 different stores open in the area within a 50 mile radius. I was called a few days later by the Region Manager for an interview. Did a 1 on 1 interview with her the next day. Was very welcoming and drilled me on my past experiences.

Interview Questions
    • Did you ever have a favorite boss? Why were was he your favorite?   View Answer
    I was called the next day, after an extensive reference check with an offer.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dollar General in September 2014.

Well her in memphis it is a slow process i applied for numerious store got a call baxk with in a couple of days to set up an interview the next day with sore manager.then a week later i had my pre employment packet emailed to me an completed it on monday. HR then called me thursday to schedule the phne interview the next day which was friday it went very well, and was told everything looks good so i should be getting a phne call from store manager with my schedule,she called me that following tuesday to tell me that she waiting on the pre-employment backgroung check that i did a week prior i was shocked it haddn't came thru but she says it usually takes to weeks so im still waiting for that as of today and thats been 3 weeks since ive applied

Interview Questions
    • there really was no difficult questions just knw shrink and lost provention   View Answer
    none

Cashier/Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dollar General in September 2014.

The manager called me to come in for an interview a few days after I completed an online application. The interview was very pleasant and we talked about my work history briefly, but mostly about the store, his own goals within the corporation and why his store was one of the highest ranked in the area. After the sit-down interview, I was given a tour of the store which was interrupted repeatedly by employees (all new) needing help.

Interview Questions
    • None. Asked about work history and then talked about the store   Answer Question
    No negotiations, hired at minimum wage

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General in September 2014.

Application, phone interview then an in person interview. Very nice staff. The manager rescheduled interviews twice but he was very busy. Everyone smiled so it's really a comforting place to be.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you see an employee steal.   View Answer

Pay was not right

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quinton, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Quinton, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General in September 2014.

It was easy. I went in there positive and was asked about my availability. that was it. He told me I would be making 7.50 and told me to check my email for the hiring package.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or un expected questions. No question really.   View Answer
    It was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar General.

Piece of cake. Store manager was super laid back. She asked me a few simple questions, then proceeded to ask when I could begin. I'm sure this process will depend on the manager however. Some may be tougher than others.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General.

Was pretty simple,I applied on line then called a couple days later.I went in for a interview after that I passed my background check.The next week I was already in training.

Horrible Management