Dollar General

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Dry Ridge, KY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dollar General in October 2010.

Interview Details – Most of this was just common sense questions. You just need to know something about retail.

Negotiation Details – I do not remember

Very Easy Interview

Akron, OH

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Dollar General in June 2013.

Interview Details – All was done well. cojuld not have asked for a better opportunity to tell my story and have some on listes and chat with. I was amazed at how intrigued the interviewer was at what io had tooffer and what they could offer me.

Interview Question – what was your name?   Answer Question

Easton, PA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar General in February 2010.

Interview Details – I had a wallk in interview with 2 people.Its was right in the store we were talking nothing perfessional and then they said I passed the assesment test and to take another one at home.It was very difficult.Its a shame I have the experience and they go by these tests.They are letting alot of good people pass through.What has happen to america?I couldn't stress enough the skills and ownership of a retail store and this doesn't even seem to be enough anymore.

Interview Question – Do you know what shrinkage is?   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Goodlettsville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar General in December 2008.

Interview Details – Standard interview process. Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with hiring managers, one day of on site interviews with several panels. Filling out of paperwork (application, etc.)

Interview Question – How do you organize and prioritize your day?   Answer Question

Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar General in August 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, recieved email regarding online testing from HR; took required test online and recieved phone call on same day; scheduled phone interview for the following day; after the phone interview was told that application was being sent to DM for review and that the DM would be contacting me for a face to face interview.

Interview Question – How would you handle employee theft?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Salary was not acceptable for number of hours required.

Worked for Dollar General? Contribute to the Community!