Dollar General Interview Questions in Nashville, TN

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.7

Lead Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar General (Nashville, TN) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview process was very brief. I filled out the application online, then called a day later. We set up an appointment for an interview and the interview lasted around 2 hours. It was just me and the store manager talking about ethics and morals, and the code on "serving people". If you want to impress at your interview, mention "serving people" or always helping people out. That is the motto for DG.

Interview Questions

• How do you do under pressure?   1 Answer

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodlettsville, TN

Interview

3 phone interviews. Recruiter, company HR and then hiring manager
    2 on site interviews with HR and hiring manager
    Given tour of facility then lunch with Sr. Directors of Dept
    This lasted 4 hours

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in this area
      What are your recommendations for improvement
      What difficulties have had and how did you overcome

Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation
    The offer came in for more than what I was asking for

Merchandise Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in July 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screening interview with two managers. An in-person interview was set up for a few weeks later.
    In-person interview: Interviewed with six people split into three interviews of about twenty to thirty minutes apiece.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want this position?
      What do you believe that you would be doing in this job?
      Why do you feel like you are qualified for this job?
      How will your prior job experience help you excel in this position?
      What is your favorite job you have ever had?
      How would your rate your proficiency in Excel?

Answer Question

Regional Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in February 2014.

Interview

Process took four months. They courted me through the process and then they said I was looking for too much money. I told them my salary requirements right from the first meeting. I have no respect for the HR leadership at Dollar General.

Interview Questions

• No hard questions. One that stands out was where do you want to be in ten years. I told them Vice President of HR and had a plan on how this could be achieved.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Antioch, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar General (Antioch, TN) in July 2013.

Interview

Very laid back interview. Fresh out of college with no management experience, however, the manager was in dire need of assistant managers to fill the spot. Nothing difficult, she just asked me if I was willing to work hard and help. Granted the position is only offering me $9/hr I'm not going to complain for the experience I can gain in management and take farther. Other than that it was just a lot of small talk and random chatting. Very easy.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The only thing the store manager really asked me was "How have you dealt with a difficult customer in the past?"   Answer Question

Negotiation

Only offered $9 but to just start out in management I'm not going to complain. It just gives me the opportunity to gain experience.

Human Resource Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in October 2012.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter. From there I was interviewed via telephone 4 times, followed by an onsite visit to Goodlettsville, TN. People were pleasant but interview seemed a bit unorganized.

Interview Questions

• What is your specific method for recruiting potential employees?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

I went through a phone interview and then a series of one on one interviews with senior leaders.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in July 2012.

Interview

Short phone interview, and then in person interview at their headquarters. Very friendly laid back interview. Positive experience all around

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Fairly standard interview questions with a few behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lebanon, TN

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar General (Lebanon, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

Very laid back interview. I told cashier I had one she called manager and I was taken to the office and woman was laughing,kind and very real a "real" person. They only asked me one question then told me I was hired basically.

Interview Questions

• What does customer service mean to you?   1 Answer

Graphic Designer - Desktop Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodlettsville, TN

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar General (Goodlettsville, TN) in May 2012.

Interview

Week 1 - Phone interview with a pleasant HR person and standard questions. This was the most professional of all the interviews I participated in. Week 2, 3 in-person interviews, first with an HR manager who asked very few questions and the second with two direct reports who asked even fewer questions. The lack of questions seemed to me to be an indicator that they were not interested in hiring me, so I was very surprised to be called back for a third time. I interviewed with the head of the department. Even more surprisingly, this person was extremely aggressive and condescending. In my experience, at this stage in the interview process, potential employers seem enthusiastic about your qualifications rather than dismissive. Overall, it was an extremely unprofessional and unpleasant interview process, which to me did not bode well for the company overall. Had they offered me the position I would have refused it.

Interview Questions

• The questions asked were all typical interview questions.   1 Answer