Dollar General

Dollar General Retail Store Manager Interview Questions

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Dollar General in July 2013.

Not exptensive at all. co. looks very disorganized in their push into California. looking for Drones to execute their programs. Basically told me were not paying you too think.....

Interview Questions

6 days a week mandatory. Pay was not what I wanted.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar General

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Chicago, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at Dollar General in October 2010.

Was recruited, offered a position and accepted.

Interview Questions
    • None. Listening was very important as I interviewed with the regional mngr. as well as the District mngr. You can't allow a question to derail you.   View Answer
    It all transpired over lunch. I was taken to lunch by both the RM and DM separately. The process was fairly painless and more of a "feeling you out process". The only complaint I had was not being told that my salary would have a direct effect on my ability to staff the store. In other words, the more the Store Mngr. makes, the less money left over for staffing the store.

Retail Store Manager Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dollar General in August 2011.

Applied Online, was contacted a few hours later by email and by phone from recruiter asking me to take online test when I had time. Completed test and within a few hours (now 8pm) recieved another call from recruiter thanking me for taking the test and to set up a phone interview. I have a crazy schedule, but recruiter was willing to set up a phone interview at 9pm the next night. Scheduled for a panel interview with 2 district managers 3 days later. Was told I would be scheduled for an interview with Regional manager later in the week, but instead recieved a phone call from one of the District Managers to offer me the position. They were very open and discussed the position in detail, making me aware of the potential problems and perks of the position. We discussed concerns they have about this store in particular and discussed oppoportunities to improve these problems. The panel interview lasted just over an hour and I left with a complete understanding of the job, the store, and their expectations. I was told the specific store that was open before the interview and had the opportuity to pay the store a visit so I was prepared to discuss how I would respond specificaly to issues in that store.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us your thoughs on shrink.   View Answer
    • Have you been in a Dollar General before? Tell us 2 things you like and 2 things you would change.   View Answer
    Negotiations were brief, I was given a very fair offer, but requested more. Be open about your needs, but be able to tell them why you are worth it based on your experience. A 10 minute discussion gained me 2k a year over their offer.

Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar General in January 2010.

Very well done