Dollar Thrifty Automotive

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Service Agent Interview

Chicago, IL

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in January 2011.

Interview Details – I applied online thru snag a job got call about a week later for an interview. I went in for my interview he basically give u a run of the job and pay and ask if your ok with it i said yea so he offer me the job i accepted then they run your license make sure your driver record is clean then he took me over to take my drug test right after then he said once my results from the drug test come back he'll give me a call when to start. so i got a call about 3 days later and i was ready to start

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No its a minimal wage job so theres nothing to negotiate

Sales Interview

Greer, SC

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in February 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview and then I flew up to Greer for 1 week to get the operations side of this licensee. I already had expertise in this industry. Make sure to ask for vacation your first year. I did not and I did not get vacation until 1 full year of working for the company and then it was just one week of vacation.

Interview Question – What do you know about our industry   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – needed more money

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Rental Sales Agent

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in May 2012.

Interview Details – Promises made but not true

Interview Question – What made you decide to apply for this postion   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Set rate plus commision

Customer Service Agent Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in August 2010.

Interview Details – I submitted my application online and was contacted within a couple of days by a manager. I made arrangements for an interview the following week. I was supposed to be interviewed by this manager, but she was busy and I interviewed by a regional manager instead.

Interview Question – Do you have experience as a customer service agent that must meet sales goals?   View Answer

Sales Manager Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in January 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was very uninspiring. The HR Manager just read the standard screening questions and there wasn't an opportunity to really discover anything about the company culture, future plans or even the interview process going forward. I tried to find out further information but the interviewer was not forthcoming. It is disappointing considering the effort required to visit their location which had no local transportation links.

Interview Question – The questions were the standard behavioural types where you had to describe a situation.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dollar Thrifty Automotive? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Thrifty Automotive interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Thrifty Automotive employees and interview candidates.