Dollar Thrifty Automotive

2.6

Greeter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boise, ID

This was probably one of the easiest job interviews I have had. I went in clean and polished, I had just finished class so I was well dressed. I talked to the manager for a couple of minutes and she asked if I wanted the job. Just go in confident and speak like you mean it and the interview here will go well. The background check seemed to take a very long time.

N/A

Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in March 2013.

Soooo extremely easy........Do you like to work with other people. Are you motivated? Can you Sale? Do you consider yourself a leader, a self starter. Do you enjoy customer service. Do you remember a time when you made a positive impact>

Rental Sales Agent Interview

The interviewing was straight forward. The people seemed very nice it was a two stage interview, with the phone interview being first.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in January 2013.

-Phone Interview
    -General Manager + Senior Manager Interview
    -Area Manager Interview

Most of their recruiting was then made by corporate HR in Oklahoma. The company has been acquired by Herts and I believe that Hertz HR are taking care of the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Your typical Interview Questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. Just google interview questions and prepare them.   Answer Question
    they called me with the offer, I said I will think about it and call them back. I did some research and the offer was, what I thought then, fair.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Ontario, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in January 2013.

After submitting an online application for the position, I received a call from the General manager asking if I would be interested in an interview. I readily agreed and one was scheduled for the following day. The General Manager was pleasant, energetic, and knowledgeable. This person explained the position, duties, and requirements and we a pleasant conversation reagarding my experience, job duties, and overall expectations. It felt funny doing this interview because normally I am on the other side of the table doing the questioning. The G.M asked me the standard situation question, such as what was the most challenging customer service issue I had and how I dealt with it. I felt the interview went very well and the GM said they were going to make a decision after the weekend. To date, 3 weeks later have not heard a word about the position, yet it is still being posted on multiple career boards and the company's website

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a difficult customer and solve their problem to the mutual benefit of both them and your company   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in October 2012.

Pretty straight. forward, spoke directly with the owners. The process takes only a few days.

Rental Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ontario, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in April 2012.

1 interview

When negotiating salary include medical insurance benefit compensation without deducting cost from salary

Full Time Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in December 2011.

General Manager usually contacts the prospect’s employees. The employee has the option to come for a face to face interview. It could take just few days to get the green light to start after the drug test.

HR does the paperwork and they contact the employee for additional information as is needed.

Market Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in September 2011.

HR was very helpful and polite. First interview was a screening call over the phone. 2nd and third were 2-panel interviews. Not too difficult, but did ask some challenging questions.

Interview Questions
    they offered the maximum they could offer and did not budge. I have confirmed this

Lot Attendant Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Thrifty Automotive in September 2011.

They will either have a job fair or just a posting to apply online. You will get a one on one with a manager. They will go through the usual set of questions that for the most part will have nothing to do with they actual job you are applying for, they are trying to get a sense of who you are. Be completely real and let them know that this is the person they will get if hired. Fakes will be weeded out within weeks and fired. You will usualy have to wait a few days for them to complete interviews before you get a call back, if you do it's on to the next step of drug test and background check. The drug test results come back really quick, but the background check can take up to a week and a half even if you have a squeaky clean record.

Interview Questions
    For an hourly employee they have set rates of pay for when you start, I then got a raise after 6 months, 1 year, 2 years, then after Hertz took over I got another .35 raise and I'm not sure why but i'm not complaining!