Dollar Tree Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

1.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

General review process that includes a interview with the district manager, wherein, he asks about your previous experience. The interview is fairly easy and comfortable so just go in with confidence and you'll get the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2014.

I found out they were hiring on a job board. I applied online for the assistant manager position in the beginning of August and was not called in for an interview until 2 weeks later. The Interview itself had one person doing the interview. She was training others at the time so there was two more people observing her.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very standard. They had quite a few that started with "tell me about a time..."   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Pretty basic interview, why you want to work for dollar tree, previous experience.

None

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2014.

I was a cashier for a couple of years and then I got the opportunity to become an ASM, I was in training for around 2 months, after that the process took around 3 more weeks for background check and required info. I am now an ASM for Dollar Tree.

Interview Questions
    • As an ASM we are required to know percentages and numbers that are not easy to remember, but with a little of studying I was k   Answer Question
    Be patience, it takes around three months for you to get started and after that like a week, maybe two to start getting paid as ASM

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

One interview it is relatively easy

Interview Questions
    • Nothing about the interview is difficult as long as you be yourself   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

had to keep calling store manager to meet up with him for interview,and when i did he was not interested same day spoke with dm he was more interested spoke about company and how there advancement

Interview Questions
    they called me a few days later and i took the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

I submit an application, then I came in for an interview and put in a physical application. I waited to have a background check come in, and a few days later I was offered the position. Easy.

No negotiation possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odenton, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Odenton, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

I had an initial interview with the Manager and one Assistant Manager. Then I went back for another interview with the Manager and the District Manager. They were in desperate need of an Assistant Manager so it went fairly quickly.

Interview Questions
    • Their really wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    Hold out for more money. The pay is too low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

After submitting resume and application online I was asked to meet with the store Manager for an interview. I arrived at the store, went into the office where the interview took place. The interview was given as a conference call with the District Manager, Store Manager and myself. How many years of retail sales experience did I have? Management experience? Wage expectations.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one. The interview was quick, and painless.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2012.

I had one interview face to face with the General Store Manager which didn't take to long to finish. He was friendly the other managers were ok I started out as a cashier the moved up to asst. manager within I'd say 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I ever received was if we sold TVs in the store   Answer Question