Dollar Tree Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 8, 2015
Updated Apr 8, 2015

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (West Memphis, AR) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point. I was just told the expectations of me from the company and was given a quick review of what I would be doing in the position I applied for. We talked a little about the pay range and how the system works also.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

The interview was about a half hour. The questions were typical retail interview quedtions. They all started with " Tell me a time.. The interview seemed more like an interview for a cashier, stocker ect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to supervise a difficult project? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked about salary and the manager wasn't sure! He said the DM would make an offer and he would relay it to me later. I was low balled for 9 yrs experience. $10.00 an hr.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

They do not do much in way of interviewing. Usually it is more of them talking then asking questions. The background checks seem to take a long time to come back as I had to wait almost 2 weeks even though the manager wanted me to start right away. I did have to speak with the district manager also. I had a hard time logging on to their web site to apply. This position can only be applied for online.

Interview Questions

• What was the one thing I struggled with at my last job.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree (Niles, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a District Manager which was a great interview. BUT he sent my resume to a Store Manager without sending my contact number or my application which was online with their company website. He told me the store manager would be calling me for an interview, after I did not hear from her after almost a week I made contact with the Store Manager myself to let her know I was out of town on a family emergency which I was then told that there were plenty of positions open for Assistant Managers and to let her know when I returned. Also she had sent me an email from her husbands personal email account so it went in my junk mail and I would have never seen it unless I had called her. When I called her back the following Monday I was told to contact the District Manager that I interviewed with originally. He informed me that they had filled all the open positions. So they only hire friends and family members for this company because they are biased and failed to proceed in the hiring process as an equal opportunity employer!

Interview Questions

• What would be an improvement for their store?   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

General review process that includes a interview with the district manager, wherein, he asks about your previous experience. The interview is fairly easy and comfortable so just go in with confidence and you'll get the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree (Wichita, KS) in August 2014.

Interview

I found out they were hiring on a job board. I applied online for the assistant manager position in the beginning of August and was not called in for an interview until 2 weeks later. The Interview itself had one person doing the interview. She was training others at the time so there was two more people observing her.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very standard. They had quite a few that started with "tell me about a time..."   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Pretty basic interview, why you want to work for dollar tree, previous experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Rochester, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

I was a cashier for a couple of years and then I got the opportunity to become an ASM, I was in training for around 2 months, after that the process took around 3 more weeks for background check and required info. I am now an ASM for Dollar Tree.

Interview Questions

• As an ASM we are required to know percentages and numbers that are not easy to remember, but with a little of studying I was k   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be patience, it takes around three months for you to get started and after that like a week, maybe two to start getting paid as ASM

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Richmond, VA).

Interview

One interview it is relatively easy

Interview Questions

• Nothing about the interview is difficult as long as you be yourself   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

had to keep calling store manager to meet up with him for interview,and when i did he was not interested same day spoke with dm he was more interested spoke about company and how there advancement

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they called me a few days later and i took the job