Dollar Tree

Average Difficulty
15 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rochester, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was a cashier for a couple of years and then I got the opportunity to become an ASM, I was in training for around 2 months, after that the process took around 3 more weeks for background check and required info. I am now an ASM for Dollar Tree.

Interview Question – As an ASM we are required to know percentages and numbers that are not easy to remember, but with a little of studying I was k   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be patience, it takes around three months for you to get started and after that like a week, maybe two to start getting paid as ASM

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – Pretty basic interview, why you want to work for dollar tree, previous experience.

Interview Question – Sell something to manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

Interview Details – Was originally brought on as a cashier, so the interview process was fairly easy. I was called in for about a 15-20 minute interview, and was called back the next day with a job offer

Interview Question – most were pretty standard questions   Answer Question

American Fork, UT

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting resume and application online I was asked to meet with the store Manager for an interview. I arrived at the store, went into the office where the interview took place. The interview was given as a conference call with the District Manager, Store Manager and myself. How many years of retail sales experience did I have? Management experience? Wage expectations.

Interview Question – There wasn't one. The interview was quick, and painless.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Richmond, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – One interview it is relatively easy

Interview Question – Nothing about the interview is difficult as long as you be yourself   Answer Question

Clovis, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed for Assistant Manager, however, they would not hire me as an assistant. I had to start out as an cashier, then promoted within a few months. Basic interview questions, called the same day to offer job.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, even when promoted. Dollar Tree claims no "merit" raises

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – had to keep calling store manager to meet up with him for interview,and when i did he was not interested same day spoke with dm he was more interested spoke about company and how there advancement

Interview Question – there was none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they called me a few days later and i took the job

Peachtree City, GA

I applied in-person - interviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Store manager and then Dm transferred from a different state got cut down to Part time from full time was told my hourly wages are cut ,going to loose my Vacation 50 hrs of it after almost 5 years working for them and benefits where cut also. Found myself working 36 hrs a week most of the time 7,8,9 days in a row. But I was part time . Got to see DM 2 times while i worked there.

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – I submit an application, then I came in for an interview and put in a physical application. I waited to have a background check come in, and a few days later I was offered the position. Easy.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible.

Odenton, MD

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – I had an initial interview with the Manager and one Assistant Manager. Then I went back for another interview with the Manager and the District Manager. They were in desperate need of an Assistant Manager so it went fairly quickly.

Interview Question – Their really wasn't any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Hold out for more money. The pay is too low.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dollar Tree

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Tree Assistant Manager interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Tree employees and interview candidates.