Dollar Tree Assistant Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

16 interviews

1.9

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

General review process that includes a interview with the district manager, wherein, he asks about your previous experience. The interview is fairly easy and comfortable so just go in with confidence and you'll get the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I interviewed through other source. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2014.

I was a cashier for a couple of years and then I got the opportunity to become an ASM, I was in training for around 2 months, after that the process took around 3 more weeks for background check and required info. I am now an ASM for Dollar Tree.

Interview Questions
    • As an ASM we are required to know percentages and numbers that are not easy to remember, but with a little of studying I was k   Answer Question
    Be patience, it takes around three months for you to get started and after that like a week, maybe two to start getting paid as ASM

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Pretty basic interview, why you want to work for dollar tree, previous experience.

None

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

Was originally brought on as a cashier, so the interview process was fairly easy. I was called in for about a 15-20 minute interview, and was called back the next day with a job offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

After submitting resume and application online I was asked to meet with the store Manager for an interview. I arrived at the store, went into the office where the interview took place. The interview was given as a conference call with the District Manager, Store Manager and myself. How many years of retail sales experience did I have? Management experience? Wage expectations.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one. The interview was quick, and painless.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

One interview it is relatively easy

Interview Questions
    • Nothing about the interview is difficult as long as you be yourself   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clovis, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2011.

Interviewed for Assistant Manager, however, they would not hire me as an assistant. I had to start out as an cashier, then promoted within a few months. Basic interview questions, called the same day to offer job.

No negotiation, even when promoted. Dollar Tree claims no "merit" raises

Assistant Manager Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

had to keep calling store manager to meet up with him for interview,and when i did he was not interested same day spoke with dm he was more interested spoke about company and how there advancement

Interview Questions
    they called me a few days later and i took the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Peachtree City, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peachtree City, GA

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2011.

Interviewed with Store manager and then Dm transferred from a different state got cut down to Part time from full time was told my hourly wages are cut ,going to loose my Vacation 50 hrs of it after almost 5 years working for them and benefits where cut also. Found myself working 36 hrs a week most of the time 7,8,9 days in a row. But I was part time . Got to see DM 2 times while i worked there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

I submit an application, then I came in for an interview and put in a physical application. I waited to have a background check come in, and a few days later I was offered the position. Easy.

No negotiation possible.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!