Dollar Tree Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014

1.9

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Put an application in, the next day I heard back from them. Had an interview setup for 2 days later. Showed up 10 minutes early for the interview. The manager decided they were not going to show up that day and did not bother to tell their staff or me. Its been a few days and still haven't heard from them or an apology.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

I submit an application, then I came in for an interview and put in a physical application. I waited to have a background check come in, and a few days later I was offered the position. Easy.

No negotiation possible.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

had to keep calling store manager to meet up with him for interview,and when i did he was not interested same day spoke with dm he was more interested spoke about company and how there advancement

Interview Questions
    they called me a few days later and i took the job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2011.

Interviewed for Assistant Manager, however, they would not hire me as an assistant. I had to start out as an cashier, then promoted within a few months. Basic interview questions, called the same day to offer job.

No negotiation, even when promoted. Dollar Tree claims no "merit" raises

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2010.

Very basic. I recieved a phone call with the district manager of that region and had a brief interview. He then asked me to come in for a 1 on 1 interview. After setting up a time and date i decided to go check a store out to see what the work enviorment was like since I have never seen or really heard much about this company. I truly was amazed by all the different types of product they carry for just a buck. The actual interview was informal and lay back with me asking more questions about the company then the interviewer asking questions about me. I was hired on the spot after some negotiations.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate pay. And schedule

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

General review process that includes a interview with the district manager, wherein, he asks about your previous experience. The interview is fairly easy and comfortable so just go in with confidence and you'll get the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2012.

I had one interview face to face with the General Store Manager which didn't take to long to finish. He was friendly the other managers were ok I started out as a cashier the moved up to asst. manager within I'd say 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I ever received was if we sold TVs in the store   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

One interview it is relatively easy

Interview Questions
    • Nothing about the interview is difficult as long as you be yourself   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

After submitting resume and application online I was asked to meet with the store Manager for an interview. I arrived at the store, went into the office where the interview took place. The interview was given as a conference call with the District Manager, Store Manager and myself. How many years of retail sales experience did I have? Management experience? Wage expectations.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one. The interview was quick, and painless.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

Was originally brought on as a cashier, so the interview process was fairly easy. I was called in for about a 15-20 minute interview, and was called back the next day with a job offer