Dollar Tree Assistant Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

2.0

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Put an application in, the next day I heard back from them. Had an interview setup for 2 days later. Showed up 10 minutes early for the interview. The manager decided they were not going to show up that day and did not bother to tell their staff or me. Its been a few days and still haven't heard from them or an apology.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

The interview was about a half hour. The questions were typical retail interview quedtions. They all started with " Tell me a time.. The interview seemed more like an interview for a cashier, stocker ect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to supervise a difficult project? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked about salary and the manager wasn't sure! He said the DM would make an offer and he would relay it to me later. I was low balled for 9 yrs experience. $10.00 an hr.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Came in on my interview day. There was no interview just a slew of questions on if i could do the duties expected. Was immediately promoted to assistant manager right then and there(I had much previous experience but he didnt even care or ask about it, let alone look at my resume) Then I was expected to start work after my interview without any previous notice. gtfoh The turnover rate is tremendous. I left and was never seen there again simply because i enjoyed working in a warehouse over this place. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Him: Can you stock a shelf? Me: yeah Him: Can you lift 25 pounds? Me: yeah Him: Can u start as soon as possible? Me: yeah Him: Would you like to be an assistant manager? Me: yeah Him: All right lets get you clocked in and started right now! Me: No   3 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't one. he was desperate and seemed careless. he promoted me at my interview lol

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Orlando, FL) in November 2010.

Interview

Very basic. I recieved a phone call with the district manager of that region and had a brief interview. He then asked me to come in for a 1 on 1 interview. After setting up a time and date i decided to go check a store out to see what the work enviorment was like since I have never seen or really heard much about this company. I truly was amazed by all the different types of product they carry for just a buck. The actual interview was informal and lay back with me asking more questions about the company then the interviewer asking questions about me. I was hired on the spot after some negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate pay. And schedule

Anonymous Employee in Clovis, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Clovis, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

Interviewed for Assistant Manager, however, they would not hire me as an assistant. I had to start out as an cashier, then promoted within a few months. Basic interview questions, called the same day to offer job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, even when promoted. Dollar Tree claims no "merit" raises

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2009.

Interview

I filled out an application, was called a couple days later. I went and met with the store manager for an interview, The store manager informed me that at first the hours could consist of 5-25 hours per week. He told me to go home and think about it. I went home and though about it and decided I would like to work for Dollar Tree. I went back a few days later for another interview and to turn in copies of my identifications.

Interview Questions

• One question that I always have trouble with is: describe yourself. In this question, you do not want to seem over confident yet you want to make yourself sound good.   Answer Question

Negotiation

nothing much, I excepted to pay as is

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

had to keep calling store manager to meet up with him for interview,and when i did he was not interested same day spoke with dm he was more interested spoke about company and how there advancement

Interview Questions

Negotiation

they called me a few days later and i took the job

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Fort Collins, CO).

Interview

I submit an application, then I came in for an interview and put in a physical application. I waited to have a background check come in, and a few days later I was offered the position. Easy.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation possible.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

They do not do much in way of interviewing. Usually it is more of them talking then asking questions. The background checks seem to take a long time to come back as I had to wait almost 2 weeks even though the manager wanted me to start right away. I did have to speak with the district manager also. I had a hard time logging on to their web site to apply. This position can only be applied for online.

Interview Questions

• What was the one thing I struggled with at my last job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in West Memphis, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (West Memphis, AR) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was quick and to the point. I was just told the expectations of me from the company and was given a quick review of what I would be doing in the position I applied for. We talked a little about the pay range and how the system works also.