Dollar Tree Assistant Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I was interviewed by the Store Manager in person and then by the District Manager by phone. The store manager asked me more about my previous job responsibilities and the district manager asked me more about my availability for the job and why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your previous responsibilities at your last job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Stratford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

They found my resume online the Regional Manager and emailed me. Had a 10 minute interview with him on the phone and met the district manager of my area the same afternoon. A day later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Simple retailer questions. Questions on management, scheduling, hiring and coaching employees. Basic retail 101   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really go back and forth for salary, their offering was pretty good so I just took it

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Very easy hiring process for myself, started as a internal applicant

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Promoted within, but always hiring. Interview process is fairly simple. Common question, why do you want to work for the company, expectation. availability.

Negotiation

The salary, not much for an adult but better that I was making and needed at the time.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I was called by the district manager and interviewed with her. I then interviewed with the store manager in the area who is the local trainer. After interviewing with both I was offered the position

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I interviewed with three store managers. The question were kind of vague and general. Pretty much just tell them what they want to hear. I was offered a job a day after the third interview and accepted

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

It took a while after I had interviewed and was told I had gotten the position to actual start working. It was roughly a 3 week period bc I needed to have a second interview with the District Manager. After that I started and trained with the Store Manager for a month.

Interview Questions

• None really other than same old boring question...."why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Sacramento, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

There was a job fair for local Dollar Tree stores hiring all positions. First I filled out a standard paper application, then went in for the first interview. The first interview was standard questions like "Why Dollar Tree" and a couple behavioral "How would you..." questions. First interview took about 15 minutes. Second interview was with the district manager and it consisted more about me talking about my experiences and what the job entails. One week later, I got an offer. Haven't decided whether to take it or not, because the pay is atrocious. Barely above minimum wage for a management position is just wrong...but I need the job so I will most likely take it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Metairie, LA) in August 2011.

Interview

SM told me he was not hiring even though there was a sign in store window. I then spoke to the DM and he told me they were hiring for ASM possition at that same store. The DM hired me and sent me to the store where the SM was not happy that the DM had hired me.

Interview Questions

• What are your past expierences with work and why you left. As most people do not remember on a day to day bases. For every job they have ever had.   1 Answer

Negotiation

DM made me an hourly rate offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Worcester, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Worcester, MA) in April 2011.

Interview

Quick, painless, they were looking for a body, rudimentory questions, can you lift, can you work weekends, holidays, are you able and willing to unload a 1700 piece truck, are you able to put out 20 boxes in 15 min. How fast can you scan 5 orders at a register, does it bother you to be to work at 6 am? Just very simple questions, but asked very quickly to see if you get annoyed. The DM conducted the interview with the store manager present. Store manager is a really great guy (still stop by to see him and say hi) and the DM, while hard-nosed, was a decent person.

Interview Questions

• can you stock shelves and run a register at the same time   Answer Question

Negotiation

there was none, was offered a rate, told after 90 days I could be training to be a store manager