Dollar Tree Associate Interview Questions

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redding, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2014.

I had a recommendation from an assistant manager that I had worked with at another job after finding myself unexpectedly unemployed. The manager seemed almost eager to hire me, though she said "This job is minimum wage." a total of five or more times during the interview. In fact, it all went so quickly I don't even remember if she asked me any real questions of note at all. I think she was trusting her assistant manager fully, which does make me feel kind of bad that I left the job without notice after getting an offer for something better.

Interview Questions
  • It wasn't so much a question, just the frequency at which she mentioned that the job is minimum wage and only about 16 hours a week. I think she uses that as a test to see if the person she is interviewing is desperate enough to work for that little.   View Answer
There was no negotiation. Either you accepted the terms, or they found some other desperate person who would, and in this economy there are no shortage of those.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!