Dollar Tree Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2015

1.3

Cashier Interview

Interview

Manager was very relaxed and easy to talk to. Started the day after I turned in my application. So there wasn't I didn't have an interview. She had to teach me how to work the register, but other than that I did pretty well my first day

Interview Questions

• Since I didn't have any job experience, she tested me for a week to see how I would handle it, I passed and got the job   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Macon, GA).

Interview

quick on the spot in person with the manager herself. Asked me a few questions about my opinions of retail and called me later that same day saying I have the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Columbus, MS).

Interview

i did not have an interview, i was hired based on someone's opinion way back in 2009. although in today's world you practically have to beg to get hired on at this place because the store managers don't have time to sit down and just interview people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spanaway, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Spanaway, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I knew the store manager as I worked under her before for another company, so she got a hold of me. I went in filled out the application, and she told me about the company.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to go to a different store to be put into their computer system and to finish the online questions needed for the job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Amsterdam, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I saw the sign in the local store window that they were hiring and went inside, filled out an application in store, and handed it off. About 4 days later I got a call that I could come in for an interview. The interview itself was more so I sat and listened to her explain that it's a straight forwards job. It is what it is, minimum wage, and part time only with people working 2-4 shifts a week. Each shift is 5-5.5 hrs long so that they don't have to give you a mandatory break. If you go in to cover for someone's shift when they need it you're more likely to get more hours. They do all the paperwork and hiring online. She clarified if I had a car, why I wanted to work there, and how available I was.

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Douglasville, GA) in July 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application from the store and turned it in the next day. It took about 2-3 weeks for her to call me back. I also kept calling up there to make it known that I was very interested. Employers like when you do that because it shows how dedicated you are.

Interview Questions

• What is you availability?   1 Answer
    • Do you have a reliable source of transportation?   1 Answer
    • Are you comfortable with being a closing cashier?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Arnold, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Arnold, MO) in June 2014.

Interview

It was a horrible interview with someone who just transferred from a different store this manager was on his phone most of the interview and basically lied to me about the Job he said expect between 15 and 20 hours a week I'm at 4 right now

Interview Questions

• What's your ethnic background   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I didn't have an interview, I automatically got the job because my friend worked there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Toms River, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview went smooth and I was very relaxed. They did most of the talking and briefly described the position and day to day activities ie: counting the till, scanning the items, processing checks, shopbacks, collecting carts and baskets etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the job requirements ?   1 Answer