Dollar Tree Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

1.3

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Macon, GA).

Interview

quick on the spot in person with the manager herself. Asked me a few questions about my opinions of retail and called me later that same day saying I have the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Columbus, MS).

Interview

i did not have an interview, i was hired based on someone's opinion way back in 2009. although in today's world you practically have to beg to get hired on at this place because the store managers don't have time to sit down and just interview people

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spanaway, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Spanaway, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I knew the store manager as I worked under her before for another company, so she got a hold of me. I went in filled out the application, and she told me about the company.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to go to a different store to be put into their computer system and to finish the online questions needed for the job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Amsterdam, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I saw the sign in the local store window that they were hiring and went inside, filled out an application in store, and handed it off. About 4 days later I got a call that I could come in for an interview. The interview itself was more so I sat and listened to her explain that it's a straight forwards job. It is what it is, minimum wage, and part time only with people working 2-4 shifts a week. Each shift is 5-5.5 hrs long so that they don't have to give you a mandatory break. If you go in to cover for someone's shift when they need it you're more likely to get more hours. They do all the paperwork and hiring online. She clarified if I had a car, why I wanted to work there, and how available I was.

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I didn't have an interview, I automatically got the job because my friend worked there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Toms River, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview went smooth and I was very relaxed. They did most of the talking and briefly described the position and day to day activities ie: counting the till, scanning the items, processing checks, shopbacks, collecting carts and baskets etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the job requirements ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Fill out an application online and bring it into the store, get called for an interview then you will get a call if you've been excepted for the job.

Interview Questions

• when customers ask question and i don't know the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straight to the point my resume was reviewed by store manager and i was hired on the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Newport, OR) in September 2013.

Interview

I brought in an application and handed it to the assistant manager who gave it to the manager. They called me into an interview in the office, and I was hired. They said they needed someone in the evenings to recover the store.

Interview Questions

• have I worked retail before?   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

You have to print out a application from home, they don't give them out in the stores anymore. Then you have to drop off it off at the store you want to work at, to give you the best chance of being hired, you need to give it to the Store manager since they do the hiring. then from there you have to wait to be called, they only call who they want to hire so if you get a call thats pretty much it "you're hired". Each manager has there own process but there usually isn't much of an interview they just want to make sure you are capable to handle the register.

Interview Questions

• Keep your availability open if you want to make any money at this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none they pay minimum wage for cashiers