Dollar Tree Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Jul 10, 2015

1.3

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I didn't have an interview, I automatically got the job because my friend worked there.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Amsterdam, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

I saw the sign in the local store window that they were hiring and went inside, filled out an application in store, and handed it off. About 4 days later I got a call that I could come in for an interview. The interview itself was more so I sat and listened to her explain that it's a straight forwards job. It is what it is, minimum wage, and part time only with people working 2-4 shifts a week. Each shift is 5-5.5 hrs long so that they don't have to give you a mandatory break. If you go in to cover for someone's shift when they need it you're more likely to get more hours. They do all the paperwork and hiring online. She clarified if I had a car, why I wanted to work there, and how available I was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Dublin, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Hired me the first day I walked in. It was my first job and It was very easy. Basically if you can speak english you could work here. It was very busy. So they asked how do I handle large crowds. Also availability is very important. If you are free you'll get hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I would like to work here

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Fill out an application online and bring it into the store, get called for an interview then you will get a call if you've been excepted for the job.

Interview Questions

• when customers ask question and i don't know the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straight to the point my resume was reviewed by store manager and i was hired on the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Cerritos, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

when they are hiring they are hiring they give you an interview its first come first serve with them basically they give you a job very little questions asked no experience needed. after they are done with the 5 or 6 questions they try to sell you on how good the job is and how they is opportunity for to be in management in very little time, which i found to be all lies.

Interview Questions

• like i said above they dont ask you hard questions they basically hand you a job in hopes that you dont quit in 2 months when you find it to be the worst job you've ever had or will have   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Toms River, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview went smooth and I was very relaxed. They did most of the talking and briefly described the position and day to day activities ie: counting the till, scanning the items, processing checks, shopbacks, collecting carts and baskets etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the job requirements ?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Macon, GA).

Interview

quick on the spot in person with the manager herself. Asked me a few questions about my opinions of retail and called me later that same day saying I have the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spanaway, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Spanaway, WA) in April 2015.

Interview

I knew the store manager as I worked under her before for another company, so she got a hold of me. I went in filled out the application, and she told me about the company.

Interview Questions

• Would I be able to go to a different store to be put into their computer system and to finish the online questions needed for the job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walla Walla, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Walla Walla, WA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied On Paper Interviewed Went Well, Copied My Social siciruty Verry Short didnt take that long for them to hire me. Started Four days later, And i did not have to be traied on the cash reister