Dollar Tree

Updated Nov 16, 2014

1.4

27 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

I didn't have an interview, I automatically got the job because my friend worked there.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Cashier Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2014.

I saw the sign in the local store window that they were hiring and went inside, filled out an application in store, and handed it off. About 4 days later I got a call that I could come in for an interview.

The interview itself was more so I sat and listened to her explain that it's a straight forwards job. It is what it is, minimum wage, and part time only with people working 2-4 shifts a week. Each shift is 5-5.5 hrs long so that they don't have to give you a mandatory break. If you go in to cover for someone's shift when they need it you're more likely to get more hours. They do all the paperwork and hiring online. She clarified if I had a car, why I wanted to work there, and how available I was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2012.

I applied, got the interview, was hired, and started work all within 3 days of each other.

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2009.

It was a just a regular interview

Interview Questions
    • Why did I chose to work here?   View Answer
    • Do I think I will be able work here with no problems?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2014.

Fill out an application online and bring it into the store, get called for an interview then you will get a call if you've been excepted for the job.

Interview Questions
    • when customers ask question and i don't know the answer.   Answer Question
    It was straight to the point my resume was reviewed by store manager and i was hired on the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2011.

It went very smoothly and very fast, they were very professional and just asked the standard questions of " why do you think you'd make a good contribution to our team?", stuff like that.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in January 2012.

applied in store and the store manager called me within 3 days and scheduled an interview. Went to the interview and hired at the spot, hthe manager was a hispanic with an accent! Lol the store seemed messy and the atmosphere was null...

Interview Questions
    • They told me that the most the company pays a cashier is $7.35! :( i needed the job so i accept it! (Bad decision, so not worth it!)   View Answer
    No negotiation! They dont leave u any other option.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camby, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Camby, IN

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2011.

I walked in and filled out an application and was hired 2 days later.

Interview Questions
    • People most offen want to know if we sell tires, latters, spray paint, or shoes. I'm just surprised that people would think a dollar store would carry these items.   View Answer
    The manager asked if I wanted to be a cashier and I said yes.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2011.

it was fast quick easy and fun

Interview Questions
    offering my time as much as i can to work as many hours