Dollar Tree Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Oct 12, 2014

1.4

26 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

I didn't have an interview, I automatically got the job because my friend worked there.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Cashier Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2014.

I saw the sign in the local store window that they were hiring and went inside, filled out an application in store, and handed it off. About 4 days later I got a call that I could come in for an interview.

The interview itself was more so I sat and listened to her explain that it's a straight forwards job. It is what it is, minimum wage, and part time only with people working 2-4 shifts a week. Each shift is 5-5.5 hrs long so that they don't have to give you a mandatory break. If you go in to cover for someone's shift when they need it you're more likely to get more hours. They do all the paperwork and hiring online. She clarified if I had a car, why I wanted to work there, and how available I was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2014.

Fill out an application online and bring it into the store, get called for an interview then you will get a call if you've been excepted for the job.

Interview Questions
    • when customers ask question and i don't know the answer.   Answer Question
    It was straight to the point my resume was reviewed by store manager and i was hired on the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2009.

It was a just a regular interview

Interview Questions
    • Why did I chose to work here?   View Answer
    • Do I think I will be able work here with no problems?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2011.

it was fast quick easy and fun

Interview Questions
    offering my time as much as i can to work as many hours

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manassas, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2010.

The interview was very relaxed. He asked me if i had any previous employment, i said no and he said it was fine because i just got out of high school. He offered the position right there and said that the register would be easy to work.

I was not able to negotiate

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2011.

I filled out a paper application and returned it to the manager. She accepted it and kept it on file. About three months later, she contacted me, saying she wanted an interview. I came in and talked to her for about 30 minutes. She didn't even ask me "generic" interview questions, mainly just questions about my availability and previous jobs. Her flexibility with regards to scheduling was clearly communicated as were her expectations. I was attending school at the time and she was incredibly understanding about my need for limited hours at first. Overall, the hiring and interview process was very positive.

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2012.

It was very easy. I just filled an application online, went into the store and gave it to the manager. She told me to call back in a week and I did, and I was lucky enough to get the job because two other cashiers quit and I had very good availability.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how to use a cash register? Stock items/take inventory?   Answer Question
    • Are you okay with being paid minimum wage?   Answer Question
    • Are you willing to drive to the bank after hours to drop off the deposit?   Answer Question
    • Will you work holidays such as Easter, Mother's Day?   Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate what days I could take off for school. Not pay however, you will only be paid minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ashland, OH

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2012.

I applied, got the interview, was hired, and started work all within 3 days of each other.

n/a