1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Cashier and Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2009.

I brought in my application, and within a week or so I received a call requesting a face-to-face interview. I accepted and scheduled a time. The interview itself was pretty informal; essentially, I sat in the manager's office and answered simple questions designed to make sure I wasn't a psychopath or a complete imbecile. If you are capable of holding a coherent conversation and doing simple middle-school math, you should have the job. Shifts are 5 hours long with a 5-minute break at around the half-way point. If you are asked to help unload the truck on shipment day, be aware that you will be carrying boxes of varying size and weight (some more than 30lbs) for several hours at a time once or twice a week.

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you caught another employee stealing from the company?   Answer Question
  • What does 3 quarters, 3 dimes, 1 nickle, and 6 pennies add up to?   View Answer
Salary is non-negotiable, but this is expected with this type of job. Schedule was very negotiable. If you get an offer from a Dollar Tree, find out about that particular location if you can; I had a great experience and ended up working there over a year, while a friend of mine had a terrible experience at another Dollar Tree location in the same city at the same time.