Dollar Tree Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

Updated Mar 25, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in March 2014.

Interview

Fill out an application online and bring it into the store, get called for an interview then you will get a call if you've been excepted for the job.

Interview Questions

• when customers ask question and i don't know the answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was straight to the point my resume was reviewed by store manager and i was hired on the interview.

Cashier/Stocker to Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I walked in the store,the D.M. happened to be there & hired me on the spot, though I didn't start working for a week or so. I'd like to say that both of my District Managers were awesome & if not for everything else about the place it would be awesome if guys like that were given cart blanche to run the stores they manage without corporate getting in the mix.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Schaumburg, IL) in August 2012.

Interview

Basicaly, my employer/manager just asked if I wanted a job. Five minuet interview and I was in.

Interview was oddly simple, but again, Dollar Tree doesn't care how much exp. you have, only if you have flexable hours and crap. Not much for the interview process or anything, just a simple 1-1 talk.

Negotiation

I was told, "If you want the job you have it."

My advice? NEVER SAY YES TO DOLLAR TREE.

Cashier and Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hoffman Estates, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Hoffman Estates, IL) in June 2010.

Interview

Dressed up, answer some questions, do a quiz on the computer and you're all good to go.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Niles, IL

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree (Niles, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with a District Manager which was a great interview. BUT he sent my resume to a Store Manager without sending my contact number or my application which was online with their company website. He told me the store manager would be calling me for an interview, after I did not hear from her after almost a week I made contact with the Store Manager myself to let her know I was out of town on a family emergency which I was then told that there were plenty of positions open for Assistant Managers and to let her know when I returned. Also she had sent me an email from her husbands personal email account so it went in my junk mail and I would have never seen it unless I had called her. When I called her back the following Monday I was told to contact the District Manager that I interviewed with originally. He informed me that they had filled all the open positions. So they only hire friends and family members for this company because they are biased and failed to proceed in the hiring process as an equal opportunity employer!

Interview Questions

• What would be an improvement for their store?   1 Answer