1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

District Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2012.

The initial interview was on-site at Big East career Fair. The company recruits in the spring at large conference career fairs and around the VA area. After completing the on-site interview with a Regional Director, I was passed on to corporate. I was invited over the phone to an all day event at the corporate headquarters in Chesapeake, VA.

The corporate interview was broken down into three parts. First, the head of college recruiting the night of arrival held a group dinner. The first half of the interview day consisted of multiple information sessions. It consisted of job overview, salary and benefit calculations, and tour of the distribution center. The second half of the day consisted of interviews with all levels of HR. A total of 5 interviews were completed.

I received a call a week later, then an official offer within two weeks.

The corporate environment was business casual. I was impressed that even the CEO was eating in the cafeteria where we had our group lunch. Our group was greeted by almost everyone we walked past.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a product/ invention that would enhance the retail environment.   View Answer
I was able to negotiate. There was little to no increase after negotiation.