Dollar Tree District Manager Interview Questions

Updated May 21, 2015

1.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Kansas City, MO) in January 2008.

Interview

District Manager interviewed me (Store Manager) at my store for rougly 1 hour.. We talked about the job duties and the responsibilites that went along with the job.. I was an experienced store manager at the time but didn't know everything about the business like I do now... I wanted to take the position, but felt it would be better to learn more of my craft before i jumped in.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a store manager called you late in the evening to say he/she was quitting and was leaving the store with just 1 associate?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't need to negotiate...

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

3 interviews hired 7 week training

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in January 2011.

Interview

Dollar Tree Regional and District managers are so content on hiring below average people because they are scared they will lose their job to someone with more experience and a proven track record.

They are intimidated by new talent that is more experienced and it shows in the stores.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Applied to job posting on company website, literally within hours received auto-generated form rejection email saying I was not a match (although my resume and cover letter were an exact match for the job posting). Talked to two other job applicants who had exactly the same experience. Possibly there is really no job opening at Dollar Tree?

Interview Questions

• The company does ask for the date of high school graduation.   1 Answer

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Interview and hiring process was did not reveal the true
    culture and values of the company

Interview Questions

• Did not get intelligent questions from the interview process   2 Answers

Negotiation

None