Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Dollar Tree
- Cashier (31)
- Store Manager (26)
- Assistant Manager (24)
- Sales Associate/Cashier (19)
- Sales Associate (18)
- Dollar Tree Cashier (11)
- Assistant Store Manager (9)
- Stocker (5)
- District Manager (5)
- Dollar Tree Store Manager (5)
- Manager (4)
- District Manager In Training (3)
- Cashier/Stocker (3)
- Logistics Analyst (3)
- Freight (2)
- Operations Manager (2)
- PT Cashier (2)
- Freight Processor (2)
- Cashier and Stock Clerk (1)
- Cashier/Seasonal (1)
- FT Assistant (1)
- Stockier (1)
- Cashier and Stocker (1)
- Distribution Center Department Manager (1)
- Cashier/Assistant Manager (1)
- Cashier/CustomerService/Stock/Secretary (1)
- CORE Merchandising Trainee Program (1)
- Cashier/Stocker to Assistant Manager (1)
- Was Manager (1)
- Executive Merchandising Trainee (1)
District Manager Interview
I applied through other source. The process took 1 day – interviewed at Dollar Tree (Kansas City, MO) in January 2008.
District Manager interviewed me (Store Manager) at my store for rougly 1 hour.. We talked about the job duties and the responsibilites that went along with the job.. I was an experienced store manager at the time but didn't know everything about the business like I do now... I wanted to take the position, but felt it would be better to learn more of my craft before i jumped in.
- What would you do if a store manager called you late in the evening to say he/she was quitting and was leaving the store with just 1 associate? 1 Answer
I didn't need to negotiate...
Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree
District Manager InterviewAccepted OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 weeks – interviewed at Dollar Tree.
3 interviews hired 7 week training
- None were difficult Answer Question
They do not
District Manager InterviewNo OfferNegative ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 3 days – interviewed at Dollar Tree in January 2011.
Dollar Tree Regional and District managers are so content on hiring below average people because they are scared they will lose their job to someone with more experience and a proven track record.
They are intimidated by new talent that is more experienced and it shows in the stores.
- How much freight can you unload in an hour? Answer Question
District Manager InterviewNo OfferNegative Experience
I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree.
Applied to job posting on company website, literally within hours received auto-generated form rejection email saying I was not a match (although my resume and cover letter were an exact match for the job posting). Talked to two other job applicants who had exactly the same experience. Possibly there is really no job opening at Dollar Tree?
- The company does ask for the date of high school graduation. 1 Answer
District Manager InterviewAccepted OfferPositive Experience
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Dollar Tree.
Interview and hiring process was did not reveal the true
culture and values of the company
- Did not get intelligent questions from the interview process 2 Answers
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review