Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Came in on my interview day. There was no interview just a slew of questions on if i could do the duties expected. Was immediately promoted to assistant manager right then and there(I had much previous experience but he didnt even care or ask about it, let alone look at my resume) Then I was expected to start work after my interview without any previous notice. gtfoh The turnover rate is tremendous. I left and was never seen there again simply because i enjoyed working in a warehouse over this place. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• Him: Can you stock a shelf? Me: yeah Him: Can you lift 25 pounds? Me: yeah Him: Can u start as soon as possible? Me: yeah Him: Would you like to be an assistant manager? Me: yeah Him: All right lets get you clocked in and started right now! Me: No   3 Answers

Negotiation

There wasn't one. he was desperate and seemed careless. he promoted me at my interview lol

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2015.

Interview

Was called by a recruiter after I put my application on indeed.com, interviewed with her over the phone and then went to the store the next day to meet with a dm. The whole interview with him lasted an hour. Everything thing went well I take it because he said he was going to set up a time for the regional director and hr to call me to have a phone interview. Waiting on that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Hiring process was very easy online. They even provide a computer onsite at the Olive Branch office location. I recover response within a week immediately after submission.

Cashier Interview

Interview

Manager was very relaxed and easy to talk to. Started the day after I turned in my application. So there wasn't I didn't have an interview. She had to teach me how to work the register, but other than that I did pretty well my first day

Interview Questions

• Since I didn't have any job experience, she tested me for a week to see how I would handle it, I passed and got the job   Answer Question

Cashier -stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Saw a posted sign in the store window announcing new store opening at another location soon and they were hiring all positions. Picked up application in store and returned it the same day. Two days later received a phone call to schedule an interview. Interview was with the new store manager who was supper nice and relaxed. They hire extra people to set up new store and then cut staff to number needed,

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I was interviewed by the Store Manager in person and then by the District Manager by phone. The store manager asked me more about my previous job responsibilities and the district manager asked me more about my availability for the job and why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your previous responsibilities at your last job?   Answer Question

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Grove, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Maple Grove, MN) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview was easy. Basic and simple interview questions. The hiring manager made me feel comfortable. Basically got in the office and just talked to her. The manager was friendly.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Columbus, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Was called in for an interview about 4 days after I turned in my application at the store. Interview was basically just "Why do you want to work here?" and "What is your availability?" They hired on the spot and I filled out my paperwork and everything right then. Scheduled my first day of training for the next day. It was very quick and simple.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Macon, GA).

Interview

quick on the spot in person with the manager herself. Asked me a few questions about my opinions of retail and called me later that same day saying I have the job.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Stratford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

They found my resume online the Regional Manager and emailed me. Had a 10 minute interview with him on the phone and met the district manager of my area the same afternoon. A day later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Simple retailer questions. Questions on management, scheduling, hiring and coaching employees. Basic retail 101   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really go back and forth for salary, their offering was pretty good so I just took it