Dollar Tree

Getting the Interview

127 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in December 2010.

Interview Details – interviewing is pretty straight forward make sure to ask as many questions as possible , have a good resume. they tend to be a bit picky.

Interview Question – It was a long time ago but when you are in training to be a store manager you get grilled by a table of like 6 people who ask a ton of questions and scenarios . if you answer right you luck out and get the job but answer wrong or not what they want to hear they move it along .   View Answer

Negotiation Details – pay is what it is none negotiable .its a take or leave deal

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – Pretty basic interview, why you want to work for dollar tree, previous experience.

Interview Question – Sell something to manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – I didn't have an interview, I automatically got the job because my friend worked there.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – Very easy hiring process for myself, started as a internal applicant

Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2010.

Interview Details – Apply online for company positions. You will have to interview with the dm which makes the decision to hire you. My interview was based off of situation questions, typically what would you do if. Your past experience will play a major role on how dm will want to place you. If you have what they think it takes for you to be successful as a store manager than you will most likely go into the training program. If you don't have all the leadership ability they think you need they may offer a assistant position.

Interview Question – What would your employer say your greatest weakness is?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate your salary there is always some room to get more.

Associate Interview

Redding, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2014.

Interview Details – I had a recommendation from an assistant manager that I had worked with at another job after finding myself unexpectedly unemployed. The manager seemed almost eager to hire me, though she said "This job is minimum wage." a total of five or more times during the interview. In fact, it all went so quickly I don't even remember if she asked me any real questions of note at all. I think she was trusting her assistant manager fully, which does make me feel kind of bad that I left the job without notice after getting an offer for something better.

Interview Question – It wasn't so much a question, just the frequency at which she mentioned that the job is minimum wage and only about 16 hours a week. I think she uses that as a test to see if the person she is interviewing is desperate enough to work for that little.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Either you accepted the terms, or they found some other desperate person who would, and in this economy there are no shortage of those.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person and interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – Promoted within, but always hiring. Interview process is fairly simple. Common question, why do you want to work for the company, expectation. availability.

Negotiation Details – The salary, not much for an adult but better that I was making and needed at the time.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

Interview Details – Was originally brought on as a cashier, so the interview process was fairly easy. I was called in for about a 15-20 minute interview, and was called back the next day with a job offer

Interview Question – most were pretty standard questions   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview Details – Easy, just depends on the need and season.

Interview Question – The hours aren't always convenient.   Answer Question

Store Clerk Interview

Willimantic, CT

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2014.

Interview Details – the process was very smooth and swift. the supervisor at the store wasted no time with me in setting up an appointment, and sitting me down for an interview to be hired.

Interview Question – Why do you think Dollar Tree is the job for you? After all, we are only a dollar store   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dollar Tree

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Tree interview questions and advice. All 127 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Tree employees and interview candidates.