Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Macon, GA).

Interview

quick on the spot in person with the manager herself. Asked me a few questions about my opinions of retail and called me later that same day saying I have the job.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salinas, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Salinas, CA).

Interview

First you speak with a District Manager then you're going to see the actual store manager. The process wasn't painful and if you have common sense you are going to do fine. It was a very easy interview and their not going to go to deep into tons of previous job experiences.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why do you want to work at Dollar Tree?
      2. What hours can you work?
      3. Do you have reliable transportation?

2 Answers

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Extremely easy interview. Just made sure you are very responsible and described responsibilities of job. Was more of a description of the job, rather than an interview. Asked what type of schedule preferred and if you know anyone employed with Dollar Tree.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Marietta, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

You interview as a group / they call it a panel interview Everyone seems to repeat what the other person said in interview, nobody was professional about it nobody dressed for success, people came to interview who had no experience was like 20 years old older people are not welcome in this company even if you have warehouse experience

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I went to a "hiring event" so there was no preliminary phone interview. For this reason I waited an hour for my turn to be interviewed by 2 district managers. The interview questions, with the exception of 1 or 2, seem to be all centered around how well and how fast you could move freight. They wanted to know your experience at moving large amounts of freight. Moving freight seems to be their only concern. Not one question was about your strengths and weaknesses, how well you could lead a team or your ability/experience in cash management. The interview was bizarre to say the least. After the interview I came to the conclusion that the store manager was pretty much a position of a "glorified stock worker" would be abused in terms of the number of hours worked. He/she is the only salaried person on the staff and therefore is exempt from overtime regulations. They are given the title of a "white collar" job but nothing could be further from the truth. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY and just about all dollar type stores.

Interview Questions

• In your past experiences in moving freight what was the average amount of freight that you moved on a weekly basis?
      Did you ever lead a freight team?
      If 3 people "called-in" right after you received freight for the week how would you handle the situation?

Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Stratford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

They found my resume online the Regional Manager and emailed me.

Had a 10 minute interview with him on the phone and met the district manager of my area the same afternoon.

A day later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Simple retailer questions. Questions on management, scheduling, hiring and coaching employees. Basic retail 101   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really go back and forth for salary, their offering was pretty good so I just took it

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Applied to job posting on company website, literally within hours received auto-generated form rejection email saying I was not a match (although my resume and cover letter were an exact match for the job posting). Talked to two other job applicants who had exactly the same experience. Possibly there is really no job opening at Dollar Tree?

Interview Questions

• The company does ask for the date of high school graduation.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Phone interview, was flown out to an onsite interview, project was involved and panel interview. Never heard anything back after the interview they spent money and time flying me out and putting me in a hotel!

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I got the interview due to my friend who was working there at the time. It was my first interview so I didnt know what to expect. I think that as soon as I walked into the office, I got the job.

Interview Questions

• She didnt really ask many questions other than how scheduling would work out. She gave me the rundown of tasks I would have to do and said she'd start me 2 weeks later. Right at the start of Christmas seasonal time. How fabulous.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online,after talking with a store manager, received a call, one to one interview with two senior managers,, good.
    Third day another with Director,good grilling.done well. Background checks good.Waiting for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Job related,specific, well prepared.How to prevent losses, tough situations, stocking,   Answer Question