Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

1.8

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Laredo, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Hiring process took 3 weeks. First I spoke to a recruiter and then I went on to a 1:1 interview with the Market Manager. A week later I was got a phone call with a job offer.

Interview Questions

• Analyze a certain situation. Asked to resolve the situation in 5 steps.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianola, MS

Interview

There was no interview really. The manager simply looked at me, at my application and left without saying anything. I never got a call or notification of any kind.

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2013.

Interview

They are looking for people who can maintain Shrink, know what that means be able to give specific examples. They also want you to be real, don't tell them you will work 100 hours a week, they want to hear you can do it in 45.

Interview Questions

• They asked detailed positions including addresses of old employers, it caught me off guard and I wasn't sure of a few addresses, but I did get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I interviewed with 2 DM's they then set me up with a round table interview done via phone, there was 4 people on a conference call that interviewed me. Two days later I was called with an offer. The offer was to work 1 hour and 15 mins from home, I negotiated a closer store and they made it happen. Seems to be really willing to work with you. Also I told them I wanted X amount per year they offered me $6,000 more than I asked for.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Laredo, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Laredo, TX) in March 2008.

Interview

I applied online. Was called for an interview. I was interviewed by the dm. Then by the rm. I was offered the job two days later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes i was able to negotiate

Strategy Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2011.

Interview

Referred to recruitment, had pleasant 30 minute phone conversation. After that I was invited to Home Office Interviews, which consisted of a brief tour, lunch, and then 2 case interviews, one behavioral, and one casual chat/debrief interview. Great experience, but know your cases thoroughly, as leadership is very well versed in consulting practices.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Great benefits package, very happy with offer. Start date is only real negotiable aspect.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online,after talking with a store manager, received a call, one to one interview with two senior managers,, good. Third day another with Director,good grilling.done well. Background checks good.Waiting for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Job related,specific, well prepared.How to prevent losses, tough situations, stocking,   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Rochester, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

First interview is with DM Second is with Regional Director, Regional Trainer, and Regional HR. The DM interview was easy, the tricky one was the phone interview with the panel of 3.

Interview Questions

• Basic retail scenario questions for the most part. Challenging one was- What was listed as an area of needed improvement in your last review?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was done by the director of Human resource and the vice president who happen to be in town at the time.Interview questions was base on managerial competencies.How does a manager drive for results,Adaptability.coaching skills,motivating your team.How good is your planning delegating and execution skills.Where you able to meet deadlines,how did you manage your time as a manager and that of your team.Sales and budget controls.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a major project to complete and experience difficulties.How did you solve the problem and complete the project.   1 Answer

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwick, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Berwick, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with GM, AGM, and 2 Ops Managers. Asked the usual what would you do scenarios and what kind of experiences I had pertinent to the job. I interviewed with a panel, my first time, and was quite nervous, but felt at home quickly

Interview Questions

• We have OT scheduled this weekend, but I (the employee) do not/can not work... What do you do? And (the employee) did not care about the point system as they had perfect attendance up until this point.   1 Answer

Distribution Center Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Virginia Beach, VA) in March 2013.

Interview

Very laid back. Just explain your work experience and ways you exhibited problem solving skills along with being people oriented. There were several different interviews that were about 45 min each.