Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

1.8

Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

After waiting several weeks to receive a call back after submitting my resume, the interview process turned fast and furious. I received a call from the district manager who scheduled an interview two days later. This was a 30 minute interview, very conversational to cover my experience. Within the next 10 days, I had interviews with an HR rep, training manager and regional. All very basic behavior/competency based questions.

non- this is our salary

Manager Interview

for asst managers, its an interview with the DM and 3 weeks of training, store managers its interview with DM, and member of regional... if you fit there "profile"

Interview Questions
    • expect your normal interviewing questions when any management positions arises   Answer Question

low salary offer

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Put an application in, the next day I heard back from them. Had an interview setup for 2 days later. Showed up 10 minutes early for the interview. The manager decided they were not going to show up that day and did not bother to tell their staff or me. Its been a few days and still haven't heard from them or an apology.

Freight Processor Interview

Basic paper app. and depending if they need someone you get a call in a few days. bring your ID and SScard in case you get the offer so you can do the paperwork right there.

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview and hiring process was did not reveal the true
    culture and values of the company

None

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

I was called by the district manager and interviewed with her. I then interviewed with the store manager in the area who is the local trainer. After interviewing with both I was offered the position

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Depressing, & the hiring manager was basically saying this job sucks, butt you got it.

Interview Questions
    • unnecessary write ups, felt like I was going to get fired everyday.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Easy, just depends on the need and season.

Cashier Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

I didn't have an interview, I automatically got the job because my friend worked there.

Na Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rohnert Park, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rohnert Park, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

It's just a regular process where you interview with a district manager and regional manager. If you pass the interview then you go into a 6 week training process where you learn policies and procedures. If you are coming from outside of the company then you will have very hard time. This company is very fast paced and once you fall behind you are practically never catching up.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!