Dollar Tree

141 candidate interviews

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – I was called by the district manager and interviewed with her. I then interviewed with the store manager in the area who is the local trainer. After interviewing with both I was offered the position

Interview Question – None of the questions were out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – I didn't have an interview, I automatically got the job because my friend worked there.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – Put an application in, the next day I heard back from them. Had an interview setup for 2 days later. Showed up 10 minutes early for the interview. The manager decided they were not going to show up that day and did not bother to tell their staff or me. Its been a few days and still haven't heard from them or an apology.

Interview Question – Would have been nice to even get a question.   Answer Question

Stocker Interview

Stocker

Interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview Details – Easy, just depends on the need and season.

Interview Question – The hours aren't always convenient.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – After waiting several weeks to receive a call back after submitting my resume, the interview process turned fast and furious. I received a call from the district manager who scheduled an interview two days later. This was a 30 minute interview, very conversational to cover my experience. Within the next 10 days, I had interviews with an HR rep, training manager and regional. All very basic behavior/competency based questions.

Interview Question – None - all really were basic 'canned' quesiotns   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – non- this is our salary

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier

Interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview Details – Depressing, & the hiring manager was basically saying this job sucks, butt you got it.

Interview Question – unnecessary write ups, felt like I was going to get fired everyday.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process was did not reveal the true
culture and values of the company

Interview Question – Did not get intelligent questions from the interview process   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – None

Na Interview

Na
Rohnert Park, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – It's just a regular process where you interview with a district manager and regional manager. If you pass the interview then you go into a 6 week training process where you learn policies and procedures. If you are coming from outside of the company then you will have very hard time. This company is very fast paced and once you fall behind you are practically never catching up.

Manager Interview

Manager

Interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview Details – for asst managers, its an interview with the DM and 3 weeks of training, store managers its interview with DM, and member of regional... if you fit there "profile"

Interview Question – expect your normal interviewing questions when any management positions arises   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low salary offer

Freight Processor Interview

Freight Processor

Interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview Details – Basic paper app. and depending if they need someone you get a call in a few days. bring your ID and SScard in case you get the offer so you can do the paperwork right there.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!