Dollar Tree

1.8

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2013.

Hired me the first day I walked in. It was my first job and It was very easy. Basically if you can speak english you could work here. It was very busy. So they asked how do I handle large crowds. Also availability is very important. If you are free you'll get hired.

Interview Questions
    Yes I would like to work here

Assistant Operations Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in McKinney, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

This is not that difficult of a company to obtain a job. You do need to be honest and show enthusiasm. My interview was with both the district and store manager, and both of them were impressed with my professionalism. I had minimum store manager experience with another company.

I was expecting to take all sorts of tests to get this job, but my resume spoke for itself. You need to work well with people, be able to to show up at a moments notice, and make a few sacrifices to be able to put up with many things. You can expect new hires not to ever come back, or only work for a few days.

Interview Questions
    • How have you had to discipline an associate in the past?   View Answer
    It was not as professional as I was expecting.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2013.

Was asked a couple of behavioral questions and if I was fine with the pay. I was also asked about some of my previous work experience at other retail stores. The hiring process was pretty straight forward

FT Assistant Interview

For management position usually try and hire within. For stocking or cashier: very easy process.. Do you have cashiering experience? Are you flexible? are you ok with 5-20 hour per week?...many times if you put in your app at the right time you can get hired on the spot due to someone leaving and we need to fill the spot asap.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2014.

I found out they were hiring on a job board. I applied online for the assistant manager position in the beginning of August and was not called in for an interview until 2 weeks later. The Interview itself had one person doing the interview. She was training others at the time so there was two more people observing her.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were very standard. They had quite a few that started with "tell me about a time..."   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amsterdam, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2014.

I saw the sign in the local store window that they were hiring and went inside, filled out an application in store, and handed it off. About 4 days later I got a call that I could come in for an interview.

The interview itself was more so I sat and listened to her explain that it's a straight forwards job. It is what it is, minimum wage, and part time only with people working 2-4 shifts a week. Each shift is 5-5.5 hrs long so that they don't have to give you a mandatory break. If you go in to cover for someone's shift when they need it you're more likely to get more hours. They do all the paperwork and hiring online. She clarified if I had a car, why I wanted to work there, and how available I was.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Was Called 3 Months after I Applied. Questions were When Can You Work.I Said Now. Started working Two Days Later. Been There 1 Year and a month now. Love Stocking Merchandise.

7.35

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Damascus, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Damascus, MD

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2014.

I went in and picked up an application, I turned it in two days later. Two days after that the manager called me and set up an interview that day. I was offered the job right then and there after chatting with the manager for a while.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't really any questions. It was "tell me about yourself" but he did most of the talking. He didn't ask anything of me, it was mostly him explaining how things worked there. He asked if I had any experience working the register.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation. The pay is minimum wage, and he made that clear at the beginning so that there was no confusion, which I appreciate.

Cashier/Stocker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2012.

A friend referred me, so I filled out an applicatiopn. The day I went to turn it in, the manager immediately interviewed me, offered me the job, and we scheduled my training as soon as possible. It couldn't have been much easier. From what I understand, even people without referrals get rushed through the interview process without any hassle.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. They wanted to make sure I didn't plan on robbing them, and that's about it.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liberty, MO

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2012.

I had one interview face to face with the General Store Manager which didn't take to long to finish. He was friendly the other managers were ok I started out as a cashier the moved up to asst. manager within I'd say 2 months.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question I ever received was if we sold TVs in the store   Answer Question