Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Jun 24, 2015

1.8

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree (La Vergne, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

There was no interview. I walked in and filled out an application and was hired. The only question I was asked is if I could work any hours. This company has a very high turnover rate. They need a better interview process.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Stratford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

They found my resume online the Regional Manager and emailed me.

Had a 10 minute interview with him on the phone and met the district manager of my area the same afternoon.

A day later, I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Simple retailer questions. Questions on management, scheduling, hiring and coaching employees. Basic retail 101   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't really go back and forth for salary, their offering was pretty good so I just took it

District Manager In Training Interview

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree (State College, PA) in February 2015.

Interview

Very professional. Met with them at a career fair at my university and got an interview for the next morning. Sat down with two talent reps and a recent graduate of the trainee program face to face. Then received an email saying i made it to the next round and had a Skype meeting with another talent rep from their HQ

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Vancouver, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

It lasted about 15 minutes and I was hired on the spot. The manager was nice and seem like a good person and I was very excited to get a job with the little experience that I had. It's a good place to work at, but not really for the long-term.

Interview Questions

• When I was available to work, experience, am I good with people   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online,after talking with a store manager, received a call, one to one interview with two senior managers,, good.
    Third day another with Director,good grilling.done well. Background checks good.Waiting for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Job related,specific, well prepared.How to prevent losses, tough situations, stocking,   Answer Question

Dollar Tree Cashier/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Sacramento, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I turn in my application it took a week for them to call me. When I got call to go in for an interview. I went in for the interview I just got the job on the spot. Everything was very easy the only thing that I didn't really like is the training was online.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Originally I had applied at Dollar Tree to be a cashier, but then minutes into the interview I decided that I'd have a better chance at getting hired if I state that I'm interested in being a freight associate, since I didn't have any previous experience as a cashier. This interview went very well and the manager and the assistant manager were very laid back and made me feel comfortable during the job interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your hours of availability like? What position are you interested in? Why did you apply to work at Dollar Tree? What previous job experience do you have prior to applying to work at Dollar Tree?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, there wasn't any negotiation phases.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Toms River, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview went smooth and I was very relaxed. They did most of the talking and briefly described the position and day to day activities ie: counting the till, scanning the items, processing checks, shopbacks, collecting carts and baskets etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the job requirements ?   1 Answer

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I went to a "hiring event" so there was no preliminary phone interview. For this reason I waited an hour for my turn to be interviewed by 2 district managers. The interview questions, with the exception of 1 or 2, seem to be all centered around how well and how fast you could move freight. They wanted to know your experience at moving large amounts of freight. Moving freight seems to be their only concern. Not one question was about your strengths and weaknesses, how well you could lead a team or your ability/experience in cash management. The interview was bizarre to say the least. After the interview I came to the conclusion that the store manager was pretty much a position of a "glorified stock worker" would be abused in terms of the number of hours worked. He/she is the only salaried person on the staff and therefore is exempt from overtime regulations. They are given the title of a "white collar" job but nothing could be further from the truth. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY and just about all dollar type stores.

Interview Questions

• In your past experiences in moving freight what was the average amount of freight that you moved on a weekly basis?
      Did you ever lead a freight team?
      If 3 people "called-in" right after you received freight for the week how would you handle the situation?

Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwick, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Berwick, PA) in August 2013.

Interview

I interviewed with GM, AGM, and 2 Ops Managers. Asked the usual what would you do scenarios and what kind of experiences I had pertinent to the job. I interviewed with a panel, my first time, and was quite nervous, but felt at home quickly

Interview Questions

• We have OT scheduled this weekend, but I (the employee) do not/can not work... What do you do? And (the employee) did not care about the point system as they had perfect attendance up until this point.   1 Answer