Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Jul 25, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked a few questions. Asked if I knew what their slogan was. Offered very little about the job. Just asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I'd ever filed a workmans comp claim.   1 Answer

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I went to a "hiring event" so there was no preliminary phone interview. For this reason I waited an hour for my turn to be interviewed by 2 district managers. The interview questions, with the exception of 1 or 2, seem to be all centered around how well and how fast you could move freight. They wanted to know your experience at moving large amounts of freight. Moving freight seems to be their only concern. Not one question was about your strengths and weaknesses, how well you could lead a team or your ability/experience in cash management. The interview was bizarre to say the least. After the interview I came to the conclusion that the store manager was pretty much a position of a "glorified stock worker" would be abused in terms of the number of hours worked. He/she is the only salaried person on the staff and therefore is exempt from overtime regulations. They are given the title of a "white collar" job but nothing could be further from the truth. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY and just about all dollar type stores.

Interview Questions

• In your past experiences in moving freight what was the average amount of freight that you moved on a weekly basis? Did you ever lead a freight team? If 3 people "called-in" right after you received freight for the week how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Applied to job posting on company website, literally within hours received auto-generated form rejection email saying I was not a match (although my resume and cover letter were an exact match for the job posting). Talked to two other job applicants who had exactly the same experience. Possibly there is really no job opening at Dollar Tree?

Interview Questions

• The company does ask for the date of high school graduation.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Phone interview, was flown out to an onsite interview, project was involved and panel interview. Never heard anything back after the interview they spent money and time flying me out and putting me in a hotel!

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I got the interview due to my friend who was working there at the time. It was my first interview so I didnt know what to expect. I think that as soon as I walked into the office, I got the job.

Interview Questions

• She didnt really ask many questions other than how scheduling would work out. She gave me the rundown of tasks I would have to do and said she'd start me 2 weeks later. Right at the start of Christmas seasonal time. How fabulous.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2015.

Interview

I applied in person and i was called about two weeks later for an interview. Very simple interview, we talked about school and when i would be available to work. I thought i did good and it was clear that the store needed some help but i never got a call back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online,after talking with a store manager, received a call, one to one interview with two senior managers,, good. Third day another with Director,good grilling.done well. Background checks good.Waiting for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Job related,specific, well prepared.How to prevent losses, tough situations, stocking,   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Columbus, MS).

Interview

i did not have an interview, i was hired based on someone's opinion way back in 2009. although in today's world you practically have to beg to get hired on at this place because the store managers don't have time to sit down and just interview people

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2015.

Interview

Filled application online Monday and finished the assessment. 25-30 mins later I got a call to come in Tuesday at 8am for an interview. I also had to interview with the DMs manager the next week.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to lead your team to success? How do you choose an applicant to hire?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You come with a number and they will try hard to match it. They also get monthly bonuses while my past employer was quarterly. Honestly I'd rather have a little extra each month instead of waiting for 3.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

All she did was bring me in and ask me a few questions, didn't tell me anything real about the job or the store and candy coated everything. The store she stuck me with was a complete disaster but she didn't mention that or several robberies at all!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever run a store with in-based cameras before?   1 Answer