Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Salem, NH) in February 2014.

Interview

3 level interview process with Store Manager, District Manager and Regional Director. I had to submit to a background check and then undergo a 7 week training program in the training store.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to overcome a significant challenge and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

FT Assistant Interview

Interview

For management position usually try and hire within. For stocking or cashier: very easy process.. Do you have cashiering experience? Are you flexible? are you ok with 5-20 hour per week?...many times if you put in your app at the right time you can get hired on the spot due to someone leaving and we need to fill the spot asap.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

The interview was about a half hour. The questions were typical retail interview quedtions. They all started with " Tell me a time.. The interview seemed more like an interview for a cashier, stocker ect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to supervise a difficult project? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked about salary and the manager wasn't sure! He said the DM would make an offer and he would relay it to me later. I was low balled for 9 yrs experience. $10.00 an hr.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seal Beach, CA

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Seal Beach, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

I saw a building being remodeled and a week later it had a open interview sign for Dollar tree. I printed a application online and brought it the day of the interview. There was a small number of potential employees looking for the job, so everyone that applied at the interview got the job. We all started within 3 days after that.

Interview Questions

• Past job experiences, am i willing to move up in a company etc.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

On the spot interview with assistant manager a week after turning in my application. Interview was held in office and was a one-on-one session. Assistant manager then dismissed me and went to speak with store manager. Store manager said he would call me within the next two weeks. Manager talked to me about the duties of a sales associate and walked me around the store.

Interview Questions

• What do I expect from management? Have you worked retail before? Etc.   Answer Question

Cashier/Stocker to Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I walked in the store,the D.M. happened to be there & hired me on the spot, though I didn't start working for a week or so. I'd like to say that both of my District Managers were awesome & if not for everything else about the place it would be awesome if guys like that were given cart blanche to run the stores they manage without corporate getting in the mix.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay Shore, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Bay Shore, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied seasonally so they were looking for help. The manager took my paper application I'd just filled out and asked me then and there to sit down for an interview. Looked over the short application form, then asked about my work history and the hours I was available, and told me to fill out the email within the next day or so, so I could start work immediately.

Freight Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

just asked simple and common interview questions why do i want to work there so on so forth very easy though they basically judge you on first appearance dress nice and boom you have a job

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a rude customer   1 Answer

Was Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucedale, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Lucedale, MS) in March 2011.

Interview

i started as a cashier. was cashier for 6 months and became assistant. Had management position within a year. was in charge of hiring, scheduling, inventory, ordering, stocking. learning what the company had to offer and what i could offer to the company