Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

1.8

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

The interview was about a half hour. The questions were typical retail interview quedtions. They all started with " Tell me a time.. The interview seemed more like an interview for a cashier, stocker ect.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to supervise a difficult project? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked about salary and the manager wasn't sure! He said the DM would make an offer and he would relay it to me later. I was low balled for 9 yrs experience. $10.00 an hr.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salem, NH

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Salem, NH) in February 2014.

Interview

3 level interview process with Store Manager, District Manager and Regional Director. I had to submit to a background check and then undergo a 7 week training program in the training store.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to overcome a significant challenge and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Applied to job posting on company website, literally within hours received auto-generated form rejection email saying I was not a match (although my resume and cover letter were an exact match for the job posting). Talked to two other job applicants who had exactly the same experience. Possibly there is really no job opening at Dollar Tree?

Interview Questions

• The company does ask for the date of high school graduation.   1 Answer

Na Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rohnert Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Rohnert Park, CA).

Interview

It's just a regular process where you interview with a district manager and regional manager. If you pass the interview then you go into a 6 week training process where you learn policies and procedures. If you are coming from outside of the company then you will have very hard time. This company is very fast paced and once you fall behind you are practically never catching up.

FT Assistant Interview

Interview

For management position usually try and hire within. For stocking or cashier: very easy process.. Do you have cashiering experience? Are you flexible? are you ok with 5-20 hour per week?...many times if you put in your app at the right time you can get hired on the spot due to someone leaving and we need to fill the spot asap.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2014.

Interview

I honestly didn't have a interview. I filled out an application and about a week later i was called in. she said she could get me hired on. So when i went there the manager was nice, but very unorganized! I had to go next door myself to make a copy of my ID for her. They don't have a copier there, just a printer. The office is very tiny. The internet seemed like dial up. I had to answer a few questions to do on the comp. and i know it took about a hour because i was waiting for the screen to load! She just asked me if i cashiered before, could i come in sometimes when she called me in and how far do i live, that was it. After i filled out paper work, the next day i started.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was none, i was partime cashier as 7.35 a hour

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Columbia, MD) in May 2010.

Interview

The interview process was very simple. I applied to the store online. I received a phone call to schedule an interview. I arrived at the interview clean, wearing slacks and a nice shirt, and alive with a pulse. There was no real substance to the interview. I was told to come back the next week for paperwork and training.

Interview Questions

• I was not asked any questions - not even about why I wanted to work there!   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bay Shore, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bay Shore, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied seasonally so they were looking for help. The manager took my paper application I'd just filled out and asked me then and there to sit down for an interview. Looked over the short application form, then asked about my work history and the hours I was available, and told me to fill out the email within the next day or so, so I could start work immediately.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in February 2012.

Interview

I asked the cashier for an application, I completed it while I was there. Asked where the manager was, walked up to the manager with my application, Chatted a few minutes told him my background and about my work ethic and was hired on the spot. I started the next day.

Interview Questions

• what is your procedure for recovering the store, stocking the shelves and greeting the customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not negotiation they pay minimum wage no matter how much experience you have.