Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

1.8

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Damascus, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Damascus, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

I went in and picked up an application, I turned it in two days later. Two days after that the manager called me and set up an interview that day. I was offered the job right then and there after chatting with the manager for a while.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any questions. It was "tell me about yourself" but he did most of the talking. He didn't ask anything of me, it was mostly him explaining how things worked there. He asked if I had any experience working the register.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. The pay is minimum wage, and he made that clear at the beginning so that there was no confusion, which I appreciate.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

General review process that includes a interview with the district manager, wherein, he asks about your previous experience. The interview is fairly easy and comfortable so just go in with confidence and you'll get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree (Wichita, KS) in August 2014.

Interview

I found out they were hiring on a job board. I applied online for the assistant manager position in the beginning of August and was not called in for an interview until 2 weeks later. The Interview itself had one person doing the interview. She was training others at the time so there was two more people observing her.

Interview Questions

• Questions were very standard. They had quite a few that started with "tell me about a time..."   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Interview

The interview process for me was brief. After I was initially called in I spoke with the store manager about my availability and afterwards he told me he would contact me if he was able to find a spot for me. He did, and the rest is history. The atmosphere at our store is okay; some friendly employees, some work hard and some don't. With that being said though you're experience is what you make it.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

applied online and was contacted by a DM over 3 weeks later to come in during a job fair. Was greeted by 2 very friendly DMs who turned out to be very nice. Typical interview they are just looking for the right person for the job and part of it was them making sure I understood that the job would be a lot of stocking because the average store moves quite a bit of product.

Interview Questions

• nothing...go in with confidence. That seems to be what they are looking for.   Answer Question

I had applied for a position in the city, but was offered one that was almost an hour away instead. When Dollar Tree hires, DMs hire for their district and that can mean any store in their district. Needed a job that was closer without the commute.

Na Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rohnert Park, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Rohnert Park, CA).

Interview

It's just a regular process where you interview with a district manager and regional manager. If you pass the interview then you go into a 6 week training process where you learn policies and procedures. If you are coming from outside of the company then you will have very hard time. This company is very fast paced and once you fall behind you are practically never catching up.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Colorado Springs, CO) in July 2014.

Interview

Ask questions, why this store, what do they do best, why should we hired them, have they worked before? Just asking questions to get to know what they can do for the company and see what they are like.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2014.

Interview

Really easy process. Had two interviews with the District Manager. The next step was an interview with the human resource training and hiring manager. Received emails for a background check and professional references. The whole process was simple and professional. It took a month in a half from application to job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more money and received a higher offer within minutes.

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

3 interviews hired 7 week training

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They do not

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Pretty basic interview, why you want to work for dollar tree, previous experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None