Dollar Tree

1.8

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2014.

I was a cashier for a couple of years and then I got the opportunity to become an ASM, I was in training for around 2 months, after that the process took around 3 more weeks for background check and required info. I am now an ASM for Dollar Tree.

Interview Questions
    • As an ASM we are required to know percentages and numbers that are not easy to remember, but with a little of studying I was k   Answer Question
    Be patience, it takes around three months for you to get started and after that like a week, maybe two to start getting paid as ASM

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2014.

Fill out an application online and bring it into the store, get called for an interview then you will get a call if you've been excepted for the job.

Interview Questions
    • when customers ask question and i don't know the answer.   Answer Question
    It was straight to the point my resume was reviewed by store manager and i was hired on the interview.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2014.

I had a recommendation from an assistant manager that I had worked with at another job after finding myself unexpectedly unemployed. The manager seemed almost eager to hire me, though she said "This job is minimum wage." a total of five or more times during the interview. In fact, it all went so quickly I don't even remember if she asked me any real questions of note at all. I think she was trusting her assistant manager fully, which does make me feel kind of bad that I left the job without notice after getting an offer for something better.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't so much a question, just the frequency at which she mentioned that the job is minimum wage and only about 16 hours a week. I think she uses that as a test to see if the person she is interviewing is desperate enough to work for that little.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Either you accepted the terms, or they found some other desperate person who would, and in this economy there are no shortage of those.

Merchant Interview

Phone screen with HR, then VP, then on site interview at headquarters in VA. On site had me meet with about 7 people. Way too long of a day and they all asked the same questions. Very tiring. I had lunch in thier cafe which was really nice. Some of the interviewers from HR were really late for their appointment with me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when your strategy didn't work because of an outside factor.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havelock, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havelock, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Really easy interview. Manager asked me One question. Then showed me the store and got hired first day tuesday.

Stocker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

submitted application, called for an interview, hired on the spot

there was not one

Store Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willimantic, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Willimantic, CT

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2014.

the process was very smooth and swift. the supervisor at the store wasted no time with me in setting up an appointment, and sitting me down for an interview to be hired.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think Dollar Tree is the job for you? After all, we are only a dollar store   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

One interview it is relatively easy

Interview Questions
    • Nothing about the interview is difficult as long as you be yourself   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Depressing, & the hiring manager was basically saying this job sucks, butt you got it.

Interview Questions
    • unnecessary write ups, felt like I was going to get fired everyday.   Answer Question

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2013.

I posted my resume on the Career Builder web site and I was actually called for an interview by the district manager for the Dollar Tree district operating in my area for an interview. After speaking with the district manager, she asked me to fill out an application for the position before the interview. The job application was on their web side and was pretty straightforward to follow. It included some questions specific to the job and tasks related to the job and some personality questions. I interviewed for the store manager position at one of the local stores and was to meet the DM there for the interview. I arrived about 10 minutes early with my suit on but had to wait about 30 minutes past my scheduled interview time for the interview. The DM was not in the store, but was en route according to the store manager. I was always told to put my best foot forward while interviewing as I was selling myself to a company. But the company one is interviewing at is also suppose to do the same in turn. Making me wait a long time in a store that was dirty and old did not really impress me much and I already had a bad impression of this company before the interview even started. I spoke to the store manager a little while he was stocking shelves. When the DM finally arrived, she did not immediately see me, she spoke to the store manager a little about the condition of the store and I overheard him talking to her about being short staffed and working on this 15th straight day. This also did not leave me with a good impression. During the interview, she wanted to know a little about me and my work exp. Then she went into what the company was offering and very little about what was involved in the job. I had to ask her more details about the job in order to get an idea of what was expected. The most important thing they seem to stress is your ability to put up freight in a store, ie.how fast and how much stock you can put up on the shelves in a certain amount of time. I have 15 years of retail management exp. and if you have lots of exp. in retail management this may not be the best option for you as the store manager job at this company appears to be mostly a glorified stock person position. There was suppose to be a 2nd interview you have after the first which if you make it to, is a panel interview. I never got too this stage as my management and sales skills did not seem important to them. They seemed most interested in my ability to stock shelves.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions during this interview. I did not expect that they place a very high value on your ability to stock shelves fast if you are a store manager.   Answer Question