Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Jul 31, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Annandale, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Annandale, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

I was hired on the spot, just came in for some logistics as to when training was and the salary as well as a job description. There wasn't much of an interview, she only asked about who I was as a person and my availabilities, nothing hard except for a background check that will be done later.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I got the interview due to my friend who was working there at the time. It was my first interview so I didnt know what to expect. I think that as soon as I walked into the office, I got the job.

Interview Questions

• She didnt really ask many questions other than how scheduling would work out. She gave me the rundown of tasks I would have to do and said she'd start me 2 weeks later. Right at the start of Christmas seasonal time. How fabulous.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Laid back, it seemed like the interview was already me being hired as i was hired by the end of it. But it seemed like the manager already had their mind made up prior. Just some simple questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Cashier/Stocker to Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I walked in the store,the D.M. happened to be there & hired me on the spot, though I didn't start working for a week or so. I'd like to say that both of my District Managers were awesome & if not for everything else about the place it would be awesome if guys like that were given cart blanche to run the stores they manage without corporate getting in the mix.

Was Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucedale, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Lucedale, MS) in March 2011.

Interview

i started as a cashier. was cashier for 6 months and became assistant. Had management position within a year. was in charge of hiring, scheduling, inventory, ordering, stocking. learning what the company had to offer and what i could offer to the company

Dollar Tree Cashier/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Sacramento, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

I turn in my application it took a week for them to call me. When I got call to go in for an interview. I went in for the interview I just got the job on the spot. Everything was very easy the only thing that I didn't really like is the training was online.

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2012.

Interview

A friend referred me, so I filled out an applicatiopn. The day I went to turn it in, the manager immediately interviewed me, offered me the job, and we scheduled my training as soon as possible. It couldn't have been much easier. From what I understand, even people without referrals get rushed through the interview process without any hassle.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. They wanted to make sure I didn't plan on robbing them, and that's about it.   Answer Question

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I was interviewed by Kevin Hunt. The very next day, I was at the store taking the tests required to complete the job process. The testing was very long, and had a lot of questions to answer correctly or you didn't get the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree (La Vergne, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

There was no interview. I walked in and filled out an application and was hired. The only question I was asked is if I could work any hours. This company has a very high turnover rate. They need a better interview process.

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulf Shores, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Gulf Shores, AL) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview was simple, basic simple questions. Honestly if you need a job this is where to go. They will refuse to talk money with you, because its whatever minimum wage is. This place relies on paying bottom dollar for anything. How do you think everythings a buck? They sacrifice quality for volume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were desperate and were hiring anyone.