Dollar Tree Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
144 interviews

1.8

Cashier/Seasonal Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in December 2010.

The interview was very simple and fast. It lasted all of 10 minutes and was done standing in an isle helping the manager stock supplies. All I was asked was how well can I handle money, can I work fast, what hours can I work, and how patient am I.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

A new store was building in the county and it started out as a one on one interview. Afterwards we had to read information online about the company, met with the hiring manager to register a username and a password, shifts to pass the temporary position, finally passed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience with fittings in sewing?   View Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2010.

Very basic. I recieved a phone call with the district manager of that region and had a brief interview. He then asked me to come in for a 1 on 1 interview. After setting up a time and date i decided to go check a store out to see what the work enviorment was like since I have never seen or really heard much about this company. I truly was amazed by all the different types of product they carry for just a buck. The actual interview was informal and lay back with me asking more questions about the company then the interviewer asking questions about me. I was hired on the spot after some negotiations.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate pay. And schedule

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, AL

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2009.

It was a just a regular interview

Interview Questions
    • Why did I chose to work here?   View Answer
    • Do I think I will be able work here with no problems?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2011.

it was fast quick easy and fun

Interview Questions
    offering my time as much as i can to work as many hours

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, MI

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2011.

Quick 15 minute interview. Got hired on the spot.

None

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2010.

My interview was under 30 minutes. I got hired on the spot.
    I was asked basic questions about my past experiences in retail, and how I thought items should be organized on shelf: Labels facing towards customers or not? See...very basic common sense.
    And the usual, tell me about yourself...
    It was not hard at all; you can ace this interview with a little effort.

Interview Questions
    Everything's $1. So, of course I didn't expect more than 8.00 p/h.
    Every 8 things sold help pay your hourly salary. .

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

I submit an application, then I came in for an interview and put in a physical application. I waited to have a background check come in, and a few days later I was offered the position. Easy.

No negotiation possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Livonia, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2011.

It went very smoothly and very fast, they were very professional and just asked the standard questions of " why do you think you'd make a good contribution to our team?", stuff like that.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

Hiring process was pretty quick and easy. I was called in for an interview with the district manager after two days of applying. The DM asked me the standard questions that come from the Corporate Office.

Interview Questions
    • If you know the standard Corporate Questions you would do just fine. They do not throw in any curve ball questions.   Answer Question
    After 20 mins I was offered a position and we negotiated salary. They were paying much less than my previous job even with the bonus incentive but, it was hard to find a job during that time so I accepted the offer.