Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015
Updated Mar 25, 2015

1.8

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2014.

I honestly didn't have a interview. I filled out an application and about a week later i was called in. she said she could get me hired on. So when i went there the manager was nice, but very unorganized! I had to go next door myself to make a copy of my ID for her. They don't have a copier there, just a printer. The office is very tiny. The internet seemed like dial up. I had to answer a few questions to do on the comp. and i know it took about a hour because i was waiting for the screen to load! She just asked me if i cashiered before, could i come in sometimes when she called me in and how far do i live, that was it. After i filled out paper work, the next day i started.

There was none, i was partime cashier as 7.35 a hour

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

I was called for an interview 24 hours after I had applied. I interviewed with a district manager, who always dressed in sweatpants, and was very unprofessional. (coming from a well known retailer before this, I was shocked). I was told about the job, the position, and the training, and then asked if I thought I could handle the job. I said yes, so he gave me another time to come back and have an interview with his boss. I came back another day, and he was still dressed in sweatpants and a wrinkly polo shirt. His boss was dressed in a button down shirt and dress slacks, I was a little more impressed in this interview. He mainly asked me questions about how my last employer handled issues, training, etc and if I could get training materials from my previous employer for them to secretly use. Then asked if I could handle the job, I said yes, and they presented me with a job offer on the spot. This was the easiest interview in my life.

I negotiated a few things, very easy, I told them what I wanted and they said ok and made it happen.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2015.

I asked for the manager and turned in my application to him. He told me that he liked that I did ask for the manager instead of dropping it off "like all the others".
    The manager then asked me if he can interview me on the spot and I agreed.
    The interview was just about reviewing my application, salary expectation, schedule/hour availability, etc.
    The manager then said I was hired and that he would contact me in a few days for orientation/paperwork and that I bring in 2 forms of ID's and a green collared-shirt to be approved for my uniform.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to do other job duties such as cashiering and/or stocking?   Answer Question
    My advice: You'll have a better chance at getting hired if you ask for the manager instead of just dropping off your application with a random employee.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2014.

Turned in my application. They called me a week later to schedule an in person interview. Most of the question were your basic behavior type questions, then they schedule me for another interview with the store manager the next day, but it wasn't an interview, it was basically her giving me the job and me signing paper work.

Interview Questions
    • Behavior questions. (tell me about a time...) you solved a customers problem?   View Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2013.

Was asked a couple of behavioral questions and if I was fine with the pay. I was also asked about some of my previous work experience at other retail stores. The hiring process was pretty straight forward

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2013.

Hired me the first day I walked in. It was my first job and It was very easy. Basically if you can speak english you could work here. It was very busy. So they asked how do I handle large crowds. Also availability is very important. If you are free you'll get hired.

Interview Questions
    Yes I would like to work here

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Was Called 3 Months after I Applied. Questions were When Can You Work.I Said Now. Started working Two Days Later. Been There 1 Year and a month now. Love Stocking Merchandise.

7.35

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Amsterdam, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2014.

I saw the sign in the local store window that they were hiring and went inside, filled out an application in store, and handed it off. About 4 days later I got a call that I could come in for an interview.

The interview itself was more so I sat and listened to her explain that it's a straight forwards job. It is what it is, minimum wage, and part time only with people working 2-4 shifts a week. Each shift is 5-5.5 hrs long so that they don't have to give you a mandatory break. If you go in to cover for someone's shift when they need it you're more likely to get more hours. They do all the paperwork and hiring online. She clarified if I had a car, why I wanted to work there, and how available I was.

Cashier/Stocker Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2012.

A friend referred me, so I filled out an applicatiopn. The day I went to turn it in, the manager immediately interviewed me, offered me the job, and we scheduled my training as soon as possible. It couldn't have been much easier. From what I understand, even people without referrals get rushed through the interview process without any hassle.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult. They wanted to make sure I didn't plan on robbing them, and that's about it.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2012.

i had got an application online and brought it in to the the nearest location, i attached a resume and gave it to the store manager. the manager told me to come in the next day, i came in and got the interview in the main office, my resume was looked over and i was asked about my goals in life and then the manager told me to come in the following week to start to see how i worked. i got trained then i got hired that's basically it.

Interview Questions
    • there was a pen and i got asked how i would sell the pen.   View Answer