Dollar Tree

1.8

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulf Shores, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulf Shores, AL

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2013.

The interview was simple, basic simple questions. Honestly if you need a job this is where to go. They will refuse to talk money with you, because its whatever minimum wage is. This place relies on paying bottom dollar for anything. How do you think everythings a buck? They sacrifice quality for volume.

Interview Questions
    They were desperate and were hiring anyone.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Very easy hiring process for myself, started as a internal applicant

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2014.

Fill out an application online and bring it into the store, get called for an interview then you will get a call if you've been excepted for the job.

Interview Questions
    • when customers ask question and i don't know the answer.   Answer Question
    It was straight to the point my resume was reviewed by store manager and i was hired on the interview.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2010.

The interview process was very simple. I applied to the store online. I received a phone call to schedule an interview. I arrived at the interview clean, wearing slacks and a nice shirt, and alive with a pulse. There was no real substance to the interview. I was told to come back the next week for paperwork and training.

Interview Questions
    • I was not asked any questions - not even about why I wanted to work there!   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyler, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2012.

There really was not an interview process. I walked in after seeing a hiring sign on the window and asked to speak with the manager. I gave him my resume and informed him that I was looking for a job. He asked me my schedule availability and once that was okay with him, he hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    The starting pay rate was non-negotiable.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Promoted within, but always hiring. Interview process is fairly simple. Common question, why do you want to work for the company, expectation. availability.

The salary, not much for an adult but better that I was making and needed at the time.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redding, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2014.

I had a recommendation from an assistant manager that I had worked with at another job after finding myself unexpectedly unemployed. The manager seemed almost eager to hire me, though she said "This job is minimum wage." a total of five or more times during the interview. In fact, it all went so quickly I don't even remember if she asked me any real questions of note at all. I think she was trusting her assistant manager fully, which does make me feel kind of bad that I left the job without notice after getting an offer for something better.

Interview Questions
    • It wasn't so much a question, just the frequency at which she mentioned that the job is minimum wage and only about 16 hours a week. I think she uses that as a test to see if the person she is interviewing is desperate enough to work for that little.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Either you accepted the terms, or they found some other desperate person who would, and in this economy there are no shortage of those.

Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2013.

Submit application, wait for someone to quit , which happens often so you won't wait long. Get called in a month later and say yes or no when they offer you the job. In other words, there is no real interview process, or at least there wasn't for me, which can't be an effective practice for acquiring the right kind of talent for the company. If you have past retail experience, it shouldn't be hard to get any kind of position with them, which are essentially stocking and cashiering.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cerritos, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

when they are hiring they are hiring they give you an interview its first come first serve with them basically they give you a job very little questions asked no experience needed. after they are done with the 5 or 6 questions they try to sell you on how good the job is and how they is opportunity for to be in management in very little time, which i found to be all lies.

Interview Questions
    • like i said above they dont ask you hard questions they basically hand you a job in hopes that you dont quit in 2 months when you find it to be the worst job you've ever had or will have   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2011.

Interviewed for Assistant Manager, however, they would not hire me as an assistant. I had to start out as an cashier, then promoted within a few months. Basic interview questions, called the same day to offer job.

No negotiation, even when promoted. Dollar Tree claims no "merit" raises