Dollar Tree

141 candidate interviews

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Cerritos, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

Interview Details – when they are hiring they are hiring they give you an interview its first come first serve with them basically they give you a job very little questions asked no experience needed. after they are done with the 5 or 6 questions they try to sell you on how good the job is and how they is opportunity for to be in management in very little time, which i found to be all lies.

Interview Question – like i said above they dont ask you hard questions they basically hand you a job in hopes that you dont quit in 2 months when you find it to be the worst job you've ever had or will have   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Clovis, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed for Assistant Manager, however, they would not hire me as an assistant. I had to start out as an cashier, then promoted within a few months. Basic interview questions, called the same day to offer job.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, even when promoted. Dollar Tree claims no "merit" raises

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Central Point, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty easy fill out application talk to the manager the assistants will not be able to interview you.

Interview Question – are you willing to except min wage and no more then 10 hrs a week. Was the hardest part of the interview.   Answer Question

Cashier/Assistant Manager Interview

Cashier/Assistant Manager
Clifton, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2012.

Interview Details – Fairly easy on any level, even to be promoted. Must apply to positions online for promotion and contact your District Manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Dollar Tree?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered $10 an hour, but said no, I wont go under $11. At the time was getting $7.50 an hr. Offered $11 and accepted.

Stocker Interview

Stocker

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – submitted application, called for an interview, hired on the spot

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was not one

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Havelock, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – Really easy interview. Manager asked me One question. Then showed me the store and got hired first day tuesday.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2013.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was with another store manager. The second was with the district manager. Average situation questions. The third was with human resources and is where we discussed salary.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked. Was standard situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate my salary as their first offer was low.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview two weeks after applying. It wasn't really much of an interview. I was asked about what I was doing with my life and my availability.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Exton, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2009.

Interview Details – Quite simple, I applied, spoke to the District Manager. And then was hired a day later.

Interview Question – There wasn't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Freight Interview

Freight
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – In the interview, I was told that I was being hired to work for freight. Cool. They later moved me to cashier. No problem! Interview was apiece of cake. Manager did all the talking and I just nodded and answered any questions he asked. Easiest interview ever.

Interview Question – None. He just told me about the work duties. simple stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted because I really needed a job to save up for college.