Dollar Tree

Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchant Interview

Merchant

Interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview Details – Phone screen with HR, then VP, then on site interview at headquarters in VA. On site had me meet with about 7 people. Way too long of a day and they all asked the same questions. Very tiring. I had lunch in thier cafe which was really nice. Some of the interviewers from HR were really late for their appointment with me.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when your strategy didn't work because of an outside factor.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Oshkosh, WI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2013.

Interview Details – It took me one interview after one call to hired.

Interview Question – my ability to get a customer to buy a suggestive items being sold.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was not really ay for this position.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Havelock, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – Really easy interview. Manager asked me One question. Then showed me the store and got hired first day tuesday.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2013.

Interview Details – 3 levels but not bad overall

Interview Question – They are all open ended task solution based easy if you have done this type of interviewing in the past   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Typical, very little room for wiggling

American Fork, UT

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

Interview Details – After submitting resume and application online I was asked to meet with the store Manager for an interview. I arrived at the store, went into the office where the interview took place. The interview was given as a conference call with the District Manager, Store Manager and myself. How many years of retail sales experience did I have? Management experience? Wage expectations.

Interview Question – There wasn't one. The interview was quick, and painless.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Stocker Interview

Stocker

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – submitted application, called for an interview, hired on the spot

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was not one

Cashier/Assistant Manager Interview

Cashier/Assistant Manager
Clifton, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2012.

Interview Details – Fairly easy on any level, even to be promoted. Must apply to positions online for promotion and contact your District Manager.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for Dollar Tree?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was offered $10 an hour, but said no, I wont go under $11. At the time was getting $7.50 an hr. Offered $11 and accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Central Point, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty easy fill out application talk to the manager the assistants will not be able to interview you.

Interview Question – are you willing to except min wage and no more then 10 hrs a week. Was the hardest part of the interview.   Answer Question

Richmond, VA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – One interview it is relatively easy

Interview Question – Nothing about the interview is difficult as long as you be yourself   Answer Question

Clovis, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed for Assistant Manager, however, they would not hire me as an assistant. I had to start out as an cashier, then promoted within a few months. Basic interview questions, called the same day to offer job.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, even when promoted. Dollar Tree claims no "merit" raises