Dollar Tree

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview two weeks after applying. It wasn't really much of an interview. I was asked about what I was doing with my life and my availability.

IT Help Desk Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – Have to apply online and take 3 part test. Then phone interview. Then have to interview with the trainer and Help Desk manager.

Interview Question – Will ask about customer service and techinal skills   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – I interviewed with three store managers. The question were kind of vague and general. Pretty much just tell them what they want to hear. I was offered a job a day after the third interview and accepted

Freight Interview

Freight
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – In the interview, I was told that I was being hired to work for freight. Cool. They later moved me to cashier. No problem! Interview was apiece of cake. Manager did all the talking and I just nodded and answered any questions he asked. Easiest interview ever.

Interview Question – None. He just told me about the work duties. simple stuff.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I accepted because I really needed a job to save up for college.

District Manager Interview

District Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – Interview and hiring process was did not reveal the true
culture and values of the company

Interview Question – Did not get intelligent questions from the interview process   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Canton, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – I applied a few times before landing an interview. There was a single interview, which consisted of a conversation with a manager. I followed up with a phone call the next day, at which time I was notified I was hired. The best time to apply is a couple months before Christmas or Easter.

Interview Question – Describe yourself.   Answer Question

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – It took a while after I had interviewed and was told I had gotten the position to actual start working. It was roughly a 3 week period bc I needed to have a second interview with the District Manager. After that I started and trained with the Store Manager for a month.

Interview Question – None really other than same old boring question...."why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Bakersfield, CA

I applied online - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2009.

Interview Details – Very informal. Talk about business and use key words such as business acumen, core values, customer experience, shrink, profitable sales, planning and remember that when they ask "who's your most important customer?" Answer "our associates"

Interview Question – When Appleseed is mentioned, elaborate on how detailed you are and planning is a vital part,, Appleseed isvsimplybthe name of their planning tool to process freight and delegate duties   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are very qualified they will negotiate salary.

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – You have to print out a application from home, they don't give them out in the stores anymore. Then you have to drop off it off at the store you want to work at, to give you the best chance of being hired, you need to give it to the Store manager since they do the hiring. then from there you have to wait to be called, they only call who they want to hire so if you get a call thats pretty much it "you're hired". Each manager has there own process but there usually isn't much of an interview they just want to make sure you are capable to handle the register.

Interview Question – Keep your availability open if you want to make any money at this job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none they pay minimum wage for cashiers

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

Interview Details – Will hire anybody.

Interview Question – No questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dollar Tree