Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

1.8

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in La Vergne, TN

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree (La Vergne, TN) in May 2011.

Interview

There was no interview. I walked in and filled out an application and was hired. The only question I was asked is if I could work any hours. This company has a very high turnover rate. They need a better interview process.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Macon, GA).

Interview

quick on the spot in person with the manager herself. Asked me a few questions about my opinions of retail and called me later that same day saying I have the job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

On the spot interview with assistant manager a week after turning in my application. Interview was held in office and was a one-on-one session. Assistant manager then dismissed me and went to speak with store manager. Store manager said he would call me within the next two weeks. Manager talked to me about the duties of a sales associate and walked me around the store.

Interview Questions

• What do I expect from management? Have you worked retail before? Etc.   Answer Question

Cashier/Stocker to Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Chicago, IL) in October 2011.

Interview

I walked in the store,the D.M. happened to be there & hired me on the spot, though I didn't start working for a week or so. I'd like to say that both of my District Managers were awesome & if not for everything else about the place it would be awesome if guys like that were given cart blanche to run the stores they manage without corporate getting in the mix.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay Shore, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Bay Shore, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied seasonally so they were looking for help. The manager took my paper application I'd just filled out and asked me then and there to sit down for an interview. Looked over the short application form, then asked about my work history and the hours I was available, and told me to fill out the email within the next day or so, so I could start work immediately.

Freight Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

just asked simple and common interview questions why do i want to work there so on so forth very easy though they basically judge you on first appearance dress nice and boom you have a job

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a rude customer   1 Answer

Was Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lucedale, MS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Lucedale, MS) in March 2011.

Interview

i started as a cashier. was cashier for 6 months and became assistant. Had management position within a year. was in charge of hiring, scheduling, inventory, ordering, stocking. learning what the company had to offer and what i could offer to the company

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eastpointe, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Eastpointe, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview by Store manager, Very casual interview, went over my resume. Was asked how many years of experience I have. What places I worked at. If I had transportation. What hours I could work and days.

Interview Questions

• What hours I could work, If I had transportation, What was my job experience on cash handling, customer service. How I handled any unhappy customers. What I would do if I saw another employee stealing.   1 Answer

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Chantilly, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Was asked a couple of behavioral questions and if I was fine with the pay. I was also asked about some of my previous work experience at other retail stores. The hiring process was pretty straight forward

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Dublin, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

Hired me the first day I walked in. It was my first job and It was very easy. Basically if you can speak english you could work here. It was very busy. So they asked how do I handle large crowds. Also availability is very important. If you are free you'll get hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Yes I would like to work here