Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

1.8

Cashier/Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

Very casual, was asked a few questions from the handbook but overall it was clear they just wanted to know if you could lift 25 lbs and you were comfortable interacting with customers. I was referred by another associate so that made it a little easier to be hired. It was a pretty easy interview and I was asked to come back the next day to set up my employee profile.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I could lift 25 lbs   1 Answer

Customer Service Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gulf Shores, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Gulf Shores, AL) in February 2013.

Interview

The interview was simple, basic simple questions. Honestly if you need a job this is where to go. They will refuse to talk money with you, because its whatever minimum wage is. This place relies on paying bottom dollar for anything. How do you think everythings a buck? They sacrifice quality for volume.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were desperate and were hiring anyone.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2015.

Interview

I asked for the manager and turned in my application to him. He told me that he liked that I did ask for the manager instead of dropping it off "like all the others". The manager then asked me if he can interview me on the spot and I agreed. The interview was just about reviewing my application, salary expectation, schedule/hour availability, etc. The manager then said I was hired and that he would contact me in a few days for orientation/paperwork and that I bring in 2 forms of ID's and a green collared-shirt to be approved for my uniform.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to do other job duties such as cashiering and/or stocking?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice: You'll have a better chance at getting hired if you ask for the manager instead of just dropping off your application with a random employee.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eastpointe, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Eastpointe, MI) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview by Store manager, Very casual interview, went over my resume. Was asked how many years of experience I have. What places I worked at. If I had transportation. What hours I could work and days.

Interview Questions

• What hours I could work, If I had transportation, What was my job experience on cash handling, customer service. How I handled any unhappy customers. What I would do if I saw another employee stealing.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Tallahassee, FL) in April 2013.

Interview

On the spot interview with assistant manager a week after turning in my application. Interview was held in office and was a one-on-one session. Assistant manager then dismissed me and went to speak with store manager. Store manager said he would call me within the next two weeks. Manager talked to me about the duties of a sales associate and walked me around the store.

Interview Questions

• What do I expect from management? Have you worked retail before? Etc.   Answer Question

Freight Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

just asked simple and common interview questions why do i want to work there so on so forth very easy though they basically judge you on first appearance dress nice and boom you have a job

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a rude customer   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2010.

Interview

Through corporate recruiter. Telephone interview with a regional HR manager. Handed off to district manager who took three weeks to make an initial contact. Went to work as a bench manager (Management Trainee) shadowing another store manager for eight weeks. Very basic stuff that could have been covered in a month or less considering my background.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Take it or leave it, more or less. I was hired at a higher than normal salary level based on my qualifications though.

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chantilly, VA) in May 2013.

Interview

Was asked a couple of behavioral questions and if I was fine with the pay. I was also asked about some of my previous work experience at other retail stores. The hiring process was pretty straight forward

Stocker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Maria, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Santa Maria, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

Turned in my application. They called me a week later to schedule an in person interview. Most of the question were your basic behavior type questions, then they schedule me for another interview with the store manager the next day, but it wasn't an interview, it was basically her giving me the job and me signing paper work.

Interview Questions

• Behavior questions. (tell me about a time...) you solved a customers problem?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I was called for an interview 24 hours after I had applied. I interviewed with a district manager, who always dressed in sweatpants, and was very unprofessional. (coming from a well known retailer before this, I was shocked). I was told about the job, the position, and the training, and then asked if I thought I could handle the job. I said yes, so he gave me another time to come back and have an interview with his boss. I came back another day, and he was still dressed in sweatpants and a wrinkly polo shirt. His boss was dressed in a button down shirt and dress slacks, I was a little more impressed in this interview. He mainly asked me questions about how my last employer handled issues, training, etc and if I could get training materials from my previous employer for them to secretly use. Then asked if I could handle the job, I said yes, and they presented me with a job offer on the spot. This was the easiest interview in my life.

Negotiation

I negotiated a few things, very easy, I told them what I wanted and they said ok and made it happen.