Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Sep 17, 2014

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2009.

Wasn't much of an interview. If they called you in you were most likely hired on the spot unless they did not like your appearance. My store manager is big on first impressions and he bases it off of appearance. Just come in to the interview well dressed and clean looking. They pretty much just tell you what their expectations are of you and the dress code and add you onto their system. You'll be working in a matter of 2 days or less after that.

Interview Questions
    • There was honestly no questions asked. Other than are you available to work mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate unless you are going in as management. All associates get minimum wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Everett, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

Basically told that you have to wear a green shirt and black pants and will only get paid $7.35 an hour and if you leave you should give 2 weeks notice. I was told that everyone leaves because you only get $7.35 an hour and it you want more money, that is the only way to do it. Apparently there are no pay increases ever unless the minimum wage goes up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

I brought in my application to the store manager. She then scheduled me for an interview that day and asked me to come back on a certain date or time. It wasn't much of an interview really; she basically asked me my hours of availability, what my plans were for the future, why I wanted to work at Dollar Tree, then gave me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

A new store was building in the county and it started out as a one on one interview. Afterwards we had to read information online about the company, met with the hiring manager to register a username and a password, shifts to pass the temporary position, finally passed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience with fittings in sewing?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Raleigh, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2013.

Very easy process. Applied online and went in for a very brief interview. Was hired on the spot. New store opening next week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Denver, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

I was called for an interview two weeks after applying. It wasn't really much of an interview. I was asked about what I was doing with my life and my availability.

Sales Floor Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2011.

Quick 15 minute interview. Got hired on the spot.

None

Freight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

In the interview, I was told that I was being hired to work for freight. Cool. They later moved me to cashier. No problem! Interview was apiece of cake. Manager did all the talking and I just nodded and answered any questions he asked. Easiest interview ever.

Interview Questions
    • None. He just told me about the work duties. simple stuff.   Answer Question
    I accepted because I really needed a job to save up for college.

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orlando, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

Hiring process was pretty quick and easy. I was called in for an interview with the district manager after two days of applying. The DM asked me the standard questions that come from the Corporate Office.

Interview Questions
    • If you know the standard Corporate Questions you would do just fine. They do not throw in any curve ball questions.   Answer Question
    After 20 mins I was offered a position and we negotiated salary. They were paying much less than my previous job even with the bonus incentive but, it was hard to find a job during that time so I accepted the offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Castle, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Castle, DE

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2011.

fill out application print it out bring it in i a week or so got called in for an interview got the job right then