Dollar Tree

1.8

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2013.

3 levels but not bad overall

Interview Questions
    • They are all open ended task solution based easy if you have done this type of interviewing in the past   Answer Question
    Typical, very little room for wiggling

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2013.

They are looking for people who can maintain Shrink, know what that means be able to give specific examples. They also want you to be real, don't tell them you will work 100 hours a week, they want to hear you can do it in 45.

Interview Questions
    • They asked detailed positions including addresses of old employers, it caught me off guard and I wasn't sure of a few addresses, but I did get the job.   Answer Question
    I interviewed with 2 DM's they then set me up with a round table interview done via phone, there was 4 people on a conference call that interviewed me. Two days later I was called with an offer. The offer was to work 1 hour and 15 mins from home, I negotiated a closer store and they made it happen. Seems to be really willing to work with you. Also I told them I wanted X amount per year they offered me $6,000 more than I asked for.

IT Help Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Have to apply online and take 3 part test. Then phone interview. Then have to interview with the trainer and Help Desk manager.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

I interviewed with three store managers. The question were kind of vague and general. Pretty much just tell them what they want to hear. I was offered a job a day after the third interview and accepted

Freight Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

In the interview, I was told that I was being hired to work for freight. Cool. They later moved me to cashier. No problem! Interview was apiece of cake. Manager did all the talking and I just nodded and answered any questions he asked. Easiest interview ever.

Interview Questions
    • None. He just told me about the work duties. simple stuff.   Answer Question
    I accepted because I really needed a job to save up for college.

District Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview and hiring process was did not reveal the true
    culture and values of the company

None

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2013.

I went to a job fair where I had a brief interview. I had a subsequent phone interview and then an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of focus on getting out stock quickly and stock rotation. I was asked if I had worked in a place that had a heavy stock rotation.   View Answer
    Asked for 8k more then where they normally start managers because of my experience, so they had to go up the ladder to get it approved. That took about a week.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

I applied a few times before landing an interview. There was a single interview, which consisted of a conversation with a manager. I followed up with a phone call the next day, at which time I was notified I was hired. The best time to apply is a couple months before Christmas or Easter.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

It took a while after I had interviewed and was told I had gotten the position to actual start working. It was roughly a 3 week period bc I needed to have a second interview with the District Manager. After that I started and trained with the Store Manager for a month.

Interview Questions
    • None really other than same old boring question...."why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

You have to print out a application from home, they don't give them out in the stores anymore. Then you have to drop off it off at the store you want to work at, to give you the best chance of being hired, you need to give it to the Store manager since they do the hiring. then from there you have to wait to be called, they only call who they want to hire so if you get a call thats pretty much it "you're hired". Each manager has there own process but there usually isn't much of an interview they just want to make sure you are capable to handle the register.

Interview Questions
    • Keep your availability open if you want to make any money at this job.   Answer Question
    none they pay minimum wage for cashiers