Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  American Fork, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in American Fork, UT

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

After submitting resume and application online I was asked to meet with the store Manager for an interview. I arrived at the store, went into the office where the interview took place. The interview was given as a conference call with the District Manager, Store Manager and myself. How many years of retail sales experience did I have? Management experience? Wage expectations.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't one. The interview was quick, and painless.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Stocker Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

submitted application, called for an interview, hired on the spot

there was not one

Cashier/Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clifton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2012.

Fairly easy on any level, even to be promoted. Must apply to positions online for promotion and contact your District Manager.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Dollar Tree?   View Answer
    I was offered $10 an hour, but said no, I wont go under $11. At the time was getting $7.50 an hr. Offered $11 and accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Central Point, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Point, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

Pretty easy fill out application talk to the manager the assistants will not be able to interview you.

Interview Questions
    • are you willing to except min wage and no more then 10 hrs a week. Was the hardest part of the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

One interview it is relatively easy

Interview Questions
    • Nothing about the interview is difficult as long as you be yourself   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Clovis, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clovis, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2011.

Interviewed for Assistant Manager, however, they would not hire me as an assistant. I had to start out as an cashier, then promoted within a few months. Basic interview questions, called the same day to offer job.

No negotiation, even when promoted. Dollar Tree claims no "merit" raises

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2013.

I posted my resume on the Career Builder web site and I was actually called for an interview by the district manager for the Dollar Tree district operating in my area for an interview. After speaking with the district manager, she asked me to fill out an application for the position before the interview. The job application was on their web side and was pretty straightforward to follow. It included some questions specific to the job and tasks related to the job and some personality questions. I interviewed for the store manager position at one of the local stores and was to meet the DM there for the interview. I arrived about 10 minutes early with my suit on but had to wait about 30 minutes past my scheduled interview time for the interview. The DM was not in the store, but was en route according to the store manager. I was always told to put my best foot forward while interviewing as I was selling myself to a company. But the company one is interviewing at is also suppose to do the same in turn. Making me wait a long time in a store that was dirty and old did not really impress me much and I already had a bad impression of this company before the interview even started. I spoke to the store manager a little while he was stocking shelves. When the DM finally arrived, she did not immediately see me, she spoke to the store manager a little about the condition of the store and I overheard him talking to her about being short staffed and working on this 15th straight day. This also did not leave me with a good impression. During the interview, she wanted to know a little about me and my work exp. Then she went into what the company was offering and very little about what was involved in the job. I had to ask her more details about the job in order to get an idea of what was expected. The most important thing they seem to stress is your ability to put up freight in a store, ie.how fast and how much stock you can put up on the shelves in a certain amount of time. I have 15 years of retail management exp. and if you have lots of exp. in retail management this may not be the best option for you as the store manager job at this company appears to be mostly a glorified stock person position. There was suppose to be a 2nd interview you have after the first which if you make it to, is a panel interview. I never got too this stage as my management and sales skills did not seem important to them. They seemed most interested in my ability to stock shelves.

Interview Questions
    • Not really any difficult questions during this interview. I did not expect that they place a very high value on your ability to stock shelves fast if you are a store manager.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Depressing, & the hiring manager was basically saying this job sucks, butt you got it.

Interview Questions
    • unnecessary write ups, felt like I was going to get fired everyday.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2009.

Quite simple, I applied, spoke to the District Manager. And then was hired a day later.

There was none.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jamestown, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jamestown, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

Meeting the store manager, receiving a basic interview and then leaving.