Dollar Tree

Relevance Date Difficulty

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Dollar Tree Store Manager
Knoxville, TN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2013.

Interview Details – I posted my resume on the Career Builder web site and I was actually called for an interview by the district manager for the Dollar Tree district operating in my area for an interview. After speaking with the district manager, she asked me to fill out an application for the position before the interview. The job application was on their web side and was pretty straightforward to follow. It included some questions specific to the job and tasks related to the job and some personality questions. I interviewed for the store manager position at one of the local stores and was to meet the DM there for the interview. I arrived about 10 minutes early with my suit on but had to wait about 30 minutes past my scheduled interview time for the interview. The DM was not in the store, but was en route according to the store manager. I was always told to put my best foot forward while interviewing as I was selling myself to a company. But the company one is interviewing at is also suppose to do the same in turn. Making me wait a long time in a store that was dirty and old did not really impress me much and I already had a bad impression of this company before the interview even started. I spoke to the store manager a little while he was stocking shelves. When the DM finally arrived, she did not immediately see me, she spoke to the store manager a little about the condition of the store and I overheard him talking to her about being short staffed and working on this 15th straight day. This also did not leave me with a good impression. During the interview, she wanted to know a little about me and my work exp. Then she went into what the company was offering and very little about what was involved in the job. I had to ask her more details about the job in order to get an idea of what was expected. The most important thing they seem to stress is your ability to put up freight in a store, ie.how fast and how much stock you can put up on the shelves in a certain amount of time. I have 15 years of retail management exp. and if you have lots of exp. in retail management this may not be the best option for you as the store manager job at this company appears to be mostly a glorified stock person position. There was suppose to be a 2nd interview you have after the first which if you make it to, is a panel interview. I never got too this stage as my management and sales skills did not seem important to them. They seemed most interested in my ability to stock shelves.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult questions during this interview. I did not expect that they place a very high value on your ability to stock shelves fast if you are a store manager.   Answer Question

Interviewed at Dollar Tree

Interview Details – Depressing, & the hiring manager was basically saying this job sucks, butt you got it.

Interview Question – unnecessary write ups, felt like I was going to get fired everyday.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Exton, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2009.

Interview Details – Quite simple, I applied, spoke to the District Manager. And then was hired a day later.

Interview Question – There wasn't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Dollar Tree Cashier
Jamestown, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

Interview Details – Meeting the store manager, receiving a basic interview and then leaving.

Interview Question – Typical interview questions, hobbies, etc.   Answer Question

Racine, WI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

Interview Details – I had my interview at noon the day I was hired and found out I was hired three hours later. The hiring process was very fast, the next day I brought my identification and filled in my papers about 3 days after that I was training. Training only consisted of one day and all you had to do was "recover" aisles and spend some time at the cash register.

Interview Question – What can you bring to Dollar Tree?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Normally people were hired as seasonal, but I was hired as part time.

Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview

Dollar Tree Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2013.

Interview Details – They are looking for people who can maintain Shrink, know what that means be able to give specific examples. They also want you to be real, don't tell them you will work 100 hours a week, they want to hear you can do it in 45.

Interview Question – They asked detailed positions including addresses of old employers, it caught me off guard and I wasn't sure of a few addresses, but I did get the job.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I interviewed with 2 DM's they then set me up with a round table interview done via phone, there was 4 people on a conference call that interviewed me. Two days later I was called with an offer. The offer was to work 1 hour and 15 mins from home, I negotiated a closer store and they made it happen. Seems to be really willing to work with you. Also I told them I wanted X amount per year they offered me $6,000 more than I asked for.

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Assistant Store Manager

I applied online and interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – I was called by the district manager and interviewed with her. I then interviewed with the store manager in the area who is the local trainer. After interviewing with both I was offered the position

Interview Question – None of the questions were out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview two weeks after applying. It wasn't really much of an interview. I was asked about what I was doing with my life and my availability.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2013.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was with another store manager. The second was with the district manager. Average situation questions. The third was with human resources and is where we discussed salary.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked. Was standard situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate my salary as their first offer was low.

IT Help Desk Interview

IT Help Desk

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – Have to apply online and take 3 part test. Then phone interview. Then have to interview with the trainer and Help Desk manager.

Interview Question – Will ask about customer service and techinal skills   Answer Question