Dollar Tree

139 candidate interviews

PT Cashier Interview

PT Cashier
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy, they hired me and all they did was tell me about the company.

Turnersville, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in December 2008.

Interview Details – The process was pretty simple. I walked in and asked for an application in which I filled it out and returned it at the store. I got a call back and was asked to interview. The interview was one-on-one with the store manager. The manager asked pretty simple and straight-forward questions such as, "Tell me about yourself?" and "Why do you want to work here?". They ask for your availability schedule and prefer someone who can also work on the weekends. The interview was okay and not too stressful.

Interview Question – Can you work if asked to stay longer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation in salary. Base rate at minimum wage.

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in January 2012.

Interview Details – applied in store and the store manager called me within 3 days and scheduled an interview. Went to the interview and hired at the spot, hthe manager was a hispanic with an accent! Lol the store seemed messy and the atmosphere was null...

Interview Question – They told me that the most the company pays a cashier is $7.35! :( i needed the job so i accept it! (Bad decision, so not worth it!)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation! They dont leave u any other option.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied by turning in a paper application to the manager. I was contacted by the manager for the interview. At the interview, the manager was friendly and asked me to tell him about myself. Then he offered me the position.

Negotiation Details – This is what we pay (minimum wage); no room for negotiation.

Lorton, VA

I interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2010.

Interview Details – I actually never had to go through the interview process because the manager, who was later fired, only requested I give her my application and come back in when she gets off vacation to start training.

Interview Question – As stated above, I did not have a formal interview to get my position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. $7.35 is base pay.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Fort Collins, CO

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – I submit an application, then I came in for an interview and put in a physical application. I waited to have a background check come in, and a few days later I was offered the position. Easy.

Interview Question – None.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation possible.

Livonia, MI

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2011.

Interview Details – It went very smoothly and very fast, they were very professional and just asked the standard questions of " why do you think you'd make a good contribution to our team?", stuff like that.

Interview Question – none, they were all just general and very easy   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Saranac Lake, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – To get hired, all I needed to do was submit application and conduct follow-up phone calls and visits. Interview process was only a brief conversation with the store manager. Less than 1 hour interview length.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was pretty quick and easy. I was called in for an interview with the district manager after two days of applying. The DM asked me the standard questions that come from the Corporate Office.

Interview Question – If you know the standard Corporate Questions you would do just fine. They do not throw in any curve ball questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After 20 mins I was offered a position and we negotiated salary. They were paying much less than my previous job even with the bonus incentive but, it was hard to find a job during that time so I accepted the offer.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
New Castle, DE

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2011.

Interview Details – fill out application print it out bring it in i a week or so got called in for an interview got the job right then

Interview Question – why should i hire you   Answer Question