Dollar Tree Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Lebanon, KY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Lebanon, KY) in November 2013.

Interview

Walked in and got a job. was asked if I would be reliable and was hired the same day. I found the interview to be quick and easy and the manager was super nice.

Negotiation

no need

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Portland, ME) in September 2011.

Interview

The interview was very straight forward and simple. I sent in my application, got a call the next day and scheduled an interview for the following day. All I was asked was the days that I was available, if I had reliable transportation, and If I liked cats.

Interview Questions

• Do you like cats? Do you have reliable transportation? Which days are you available? Can you properly count change in a short amount of time?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Columbus, OH) in July 2015.

Interview

Was called in for an interview about 4 days after I turned in my application at the store. Interview was basically just "Why do you want to work here?" and "What is your availability?" They hired on the spot and I filled out my paperwork and everything right then. Scheduled my first day of training for the next day. It was very quick and simple.

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Gilbert, AZ) in April 2015.

Interview

I was not interviewed, instead just shown around the store as if I had already gotten the job. They then asked if I wanted the job. I said yes, and was never formally interviewed.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

The interview process is the same standard interview as any other retailer. The typical questions asking if you were ever late for work, absent from work, how many years of experience. At least my age wasn't called into question by telling me I'm overqualified, aka over 35.

Interview Questions

• Only interested in what hours I could work and made sure to tell me that he hired regardless of age (I'm 52) four times. Thanks for that.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase, this was for a minimum wage job as a cashier.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Originally I had applied at Dollar Tree to be a cashier, but then minutes into the interview I decided that I'd have a better chance at getting hired if I state that I'm interested in being a freight associate, since I didn't have any previous experience as a cashier. This interview went very well and the manager and the assistant manager were very laid back and made me feel comfortable during the job interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your hours of availability like? What position are you interested in? Why did you apply to work at Dollar Tree? What previous job experience do you have prior to applying to work at Dollar Tree?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, there wasn't any negotiation phases.

Anonymous Employee in Chesapeake, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesapeake, VA) in November 2012.

Interview

Applied in person and got a phone call about 10-14 days later on a Friday and the interview was the next Monday, the assistant manager to whom I handed my application had recommended me for an interview. The interview itself was very easy and no more than 15 minutes long.

Anonymous Employee in Morro Bay, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Morro Bay, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview process was a breeze. I went into turn in with my resume, was given an interview on the spot and started the next day. That probably should have been my first clue. I was then introduced to the management team that I would be working with. It was not the same manager that interviewed me. Another red flag.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2011.

Interview

I walked in asking if they were hiring, filled out an application and had the interview on the spot, pretty easy interview. A couple of questions on my past experiences with customers and cash handling .

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with upset customers.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

i had got an application online and brought it in to the the nearest location, i attached a resume and gave it to the store manager. the manager told me to come in the next day, i came in and got the interview in the main office, my resume was looked over and i was asked about my goals in life and then the manager told me to come in the following week to start to see how i worked. i got trained then i got hired that's basically it.

Interview Questions

• there was a pen and i got asked how i would sell the pen.   1 Answer