Dollar Tree

141 candidate interviews

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Denver, CO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

Interview Details – I was called for an interview two weeks after applying. It wasn't really much of an interview. I was asked about what I was doing with my life and my availability.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Sales Associate/Cashier
Pasco, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2013.

Interview Details – I went into the store and met the manager and dropped off my app. Got a call the next day for a interview. Then got offered the job the next day.. interview last about 10 maybe 15 mins. The manager seems really nice so thats a plus.

Interview Question – Nothing asked what I was doing now and just told me about what I would be doing..   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None 9.16 a hour

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2010.

Interview Details – Through corporate recruiter. Telephone interview with a regional HR manager. Handed off to district manager who took three weeks to make an initial contact. Went to work as a bench manager (Management Trainee) shadowing another store manager for eight weeks. Very basic stuff that could have been covered in a month or less considering my background.

Interview Question – None. This is basic retail.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Take it or leave it, more or less. I was hired at a higher than normal salary level based on my qualifications though.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stocker Interview

Stocker

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – submitted application, called for an interview, hired on the spot

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there was not one

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2013.

Interview Details – The initial phone interview was with another store manager. The second was with the district manager. Average situation questions. The third was with human resources and is where we discussed salary.

Interview Question – No difficult questions asked. Was standard situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate my salary as their first offer was low.

Floor Associate Interview

Floor Associate
Atlanta, GA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in March 2013.

Interview Details – Submit application, wait for someone to quit , which happens often so you won't wait long. Get called in a month later and say yes or no when they offer you the job. In other words, there is no real interview process, or at least there wasn't for me, which can't be an effective practice for acquiring the right kind of talent for the company. If you have past retail experience, it shouldn't be hard to get any kind of position with them, which are essentially stocking and cashiering.

Interview Question – Can you work the 5:30am shift?   Answer Question

Store Associate Interview

Store Associate

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2011.

Interview Details – I applied to a Dollar Tree store, and it took them more than a year to get back to me about it. I got a phone call one day, asking me if I was still looking for a job. I went in for the interview, and got the position right on the spot. I was not asked any difficult questions. The only questions asked were about my availability and my ability to stock merchandise. Neither one of these things were a problem.

Interview Question – Can you read a planogram?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You are not able to negotiate anything. Store Associates make minimum wage(at least at the store I work at), and that's it.

Exton, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2009.

Interview Details – Quite simple, I applied, spoke to the District Manager. And then was hired a day later.

Interview Question – There wasn't any.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – had to keep calling store manager to meet up with him for interview,and when i did he was not interested same day spoke with dm he was more interested spoke about company and how there advancement

Interview Question – there was none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – they called me a few days later and i took the job

Management Interview

Management

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2008.

Interview Details – Very easy and I felt very confortable.

Interview Question – Availability of work?   View Answer