Dollar Tree Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Jul 30, 2015

1.8

Assistant Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The process took 2 weeks. I was interviewed by the Store Manager in person and then by the District Manager by phone. The store manager asked me more about my previous job responsibilities and the district manager asked me more about my availability for the job and why I wanted the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you describe your previous responsibilities at your last job?   Answer Question

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bay Shore, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bay Shore, NY) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied seasonally so they were looking for help. The manager took my paper application I'd just filled out and asked me then and there to sit down for an interview. Looked over the short application form, then asked about my work history and the hours I was available, and told me to fill out the email within the next day or so, so I could start work immediately.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in May 2014.

Interview

Originally I had applied at Dollar Tree to be a cashier, but then minutes into the interview I decided that I'd have a better chance at getting hired if I state that I'm interested in being a freight associate, since I didn't have any previous experience as a cashier. This interview went very well and the manager and the assistant manager were very laid back and made me feel comfortable during the job interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your hours of availability like? What position are you interested in? Why did you apply to work at Dollar Tree? What previous job experience do you have prior to applying to work at Dollar Tree?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, there wasn't any negotiation phases.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toms River, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Toms River, NJ) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview went smooth and I was very relaxed. They did most of the talking and briefly described the position and day to day activities ie: counting the till, scanning the items, processing checks, shopbacks, collecting carts and baskets etc.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with the job requirements ?   1 Answer

Dollar Tree Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Laid back, it seemed like the interview was already me being hired as i was hired by the end of it. But it seemed like the manager already had their mind made up prior. Just some simple questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

The interview was done by the director of Human resource and the vice president who happen to be in town at the time.Interview questions was base on managerial competencies.How does a manager drive for results,Adaptability.coaching skills,motivating your team.How good is your planning delegating and execution skills.Where you able to meet deadlines,how did you manage your time as a manager and that of your team.Sales and budget controls.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a major project to complete and experience difficulties.How did you solve the problem and complete the project.   1 Answer

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Brooklyn, NY) in November 2012.

Interview

i had got an application online and brought it in to the the nearest location, i attached a resume and gave it to the store manager. the manager told me to come in the next day, i came in and got the interview in the main office, my resume was looked over and i was asked about my goals in life and then the manager told me to come in the following week to start to see how i worked. i got trained then i got hired that's basically it.

Interview Questions

• there was a pen and i got asked how i would sell the pen.   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Met with the regional manager for the interview, basic managerial questions were asked from my customer service skills to my daily routines on operating a store.. the initial interview with him lasted about 45 minutes, followed up by an interview with the district manager who happened to be in the next room.

Interview Questions

• What has been the most challenging experience for you as a store manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non negotiable, but was told salary increases with higher volume stores

Employee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Bronx, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

Very busy asked to come back next day.manager was late.kept getting interrupted as interview progressed.asked basic info and the sign in pc was acting up so he had to call hr . the feeling I got was like being rushed thru a funhouse. only reason I continued was cause it was close to my residence.

Interview Questions

• how lonn had I lived in the us   1 Answer

Freight Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

just asked simple and common interview questions why do i want to work there so on so forth very easy though they basically judge you on first appearance dress nice and boom you have a job

Interview Questions

• how would you handle a rude customer   1 Answer