Dollar Tree

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in November 2010.

Interview Details – Very basic. I recieved a phone call with the district manager of that region and had a brief interview. He then asked me to come in for a 1 on 1 interview. After setting up a time and date i decided to go check a store out to see what the work enviorment was like since I have never seen or really heard much about this company. I truly was amazed by all the different types of product they carry for just a buck. The actual interview was informal and lay back with me asking more questions about the company then the interviewer asking questions about me. I was hired on the spot after some negotiations.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate pay. And schedule

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Orlando, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2010.

Interview Details – I applied by turning in a paper application to the manager. I was contacted by the manager for the interview. At the interview, the manager was friendly and asked me to tell him about myself. Then he offered me the position.

Negotiation Details – This is what we pay (minimum wage); no room for negotiation.

Operations Manager Interview

Operations Manager
Orlando, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

Interview Details – Hiring process was pretty quick and easy. I was called in for an interview with the district manager after two days of applying. The DM asked me the standard questions that come from the Corporate Office.

Interview Question – If you know the standard Corporate Questions you would do just fine. They do not throw in any curve ball questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – After 20 mins I was offered a position and we negotiated salary. They were paying much less than my previous job even with the bonus incentive but, it was hard to find a job during that time so I accepted the offer.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!