Dollar Tree

Very Easy Interview

PT Cashier Interview

PT Cashier
Clear Lake Shores, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

Interview Details – Printed off the application from the website and turned it in same day. Even though I was trying to make the transition from Retail to Hotel/Hospitality, I decided to see what Dollar Tree could offer me (I spent 4 1/2 years working retail and 1 year working at an amusement park). There wasn't any interview questions; just looking for someone to fill the void before inventory (she said she was initially going to wait until Monday but said it was my lucky day). All I had to do was go home and fill out the W-4 and direct deposit (they get your personal information, SS#, and email address at the store).

I was offered $7.35/hour. Far below the wages of $7.98, $7.75, $8.25, and $8.75, respectively, from previous jobs. I couldn't afford to go back down towards minimum wage since I'm going back to college in July then in the Fall and getting a new car in the coming months (along with paying insurance and gas).

However, I took the offer home and took two days to think it over (had until Sunday evening-Monday morning) and decided it wasn't going to help me at all and will keep looking.

Interview Question – None

Nothing was really asked. Didn't feel a whole lot like an interview. No interview questions were asked.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low with my experience. I was looking along the lines of $7.50-$7.75-$8.00/hour

Very Easy Interview

PT Cashier Interview

PT Cashier
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy, they hired me and all they did was tell me about the company.

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!