Dollar Tree

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

PT Cashier Interview

Clear Lake Shores, TX

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

Interview Details – Printed off the application from the website and turned it in same day. Even though I was trying to make the transition from Retail to Hotel/Hospitality, I decided to see what Dollar Tree could offer me (I spent 4 1/2 years working retail and 1 year working at an amusement park). There wasn't any interview questions; just looking for someone to fill the void before inventory (she said she was initially going to wait until Monday but said it was my lucky day). All I had to do was go home and fill out the W-4 and direct deposit (they get your personal information, SS#, and email address at the store).

I was offered $7.35/hour. Far below the wages of $7.98, $7.75, $8.25, and $8.75, respectively, from previous jobs. I couldn't afford to go back down towards minimum wage since I'm going back to college in July then in the Fall and getting a new car in the coming months (along with paying insurance and gas).

However, I took the offer home and took two days to think it over (had until Sunday evening-Monday morning) and decided it wasn't going to help me at all and will keep looking.

Interview Question – None

Nothing was really asked. Didn't feel a whole lot like an interview. No interview questions were asked.
  Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Too low with my experience. I was looking along the lines of $7.50-$7.75-$8.00/hour

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Very Easy Interview

PT Cashier Interview

Phoenix, AZ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy, they hired me and all they did was tell me about the company.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Dollar Tree

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Tree PT Cashier interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Tree employees and interview candidates.