Dollar Tree

Average Difficulty
14 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Havelock, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – Really easy interview. Manager asked me One question. Then showed me the store and got hired first day tuesday.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Central Point, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty easy fill out application talk to the manager the assistants will not be able to interview you.

Interview Question – are you willing to except min wage and no more then 10 hrs a week. Was the hardest part of the interview.   Answer Question

Canton, MI

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – I applied a few times before landing an interview. There was a single interview, which consisted of a conversation with a manager. I followed up with a phone call the next day, at which time I was notified I was hired. The best time to apply is a couple months before Christmas or Easter.

Interview Question – Describe yourself.   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

Interview Details – Will hire anybody.

Interview Question – No questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

West Springfield, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2013.

Interview Details – Applied in person, set up an interview with the manager two days after. After going on a wild goose chase to find her, she took me to her office near the front of the store. Interview was more of a job description than anything. Told me she'd call me tomorrow ("for sure") after she checked with her assistant. Never got a call.

Interview Question – How dependable are you?   Answer Question

Saranac Lake, NY

I applied in-person and interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview Details – To get hired, all I needed to do was submit application and conduct follow-up phone calls and visits. Interview process was only a brief conversation with the store manager. Less than 1 hour interview length.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Florence, AL

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

Interview Details – I interviewed for the position of sales associate to a stock manager in this company. She seemed really nice and I thought the interview went really well but she lied to me. I was told by her that it was alright with her if I got the job but she needed to speak with her supervisor first. I was told I might have to come in for a second interview but either way I would be called. That call never came. They seemed very dishonest to me.

Interview Question – They asked if I had ever had experience unloading boxes from trucks.   View Answer

Stockton, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2009.

Interview Details – Wasn't much of an interview. If they called you in you were most likely hired on the spot unless they did not like your appearance. My store manager is big on first impressions and he bases it off of appearance. Just come in to the interview well dressed and clean looking. They pretty much just tell you what their expectations are of you and the dress code and add you onto their system. You'll be working in a matter of 2 days or less after that.

Interview Question – There was honestly no questions asked. Other than are you available to work mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not negotiate unless you are going in as management. All associates get minimum wage.

Chesterfield, MO

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2009.

Interview Details – There was no real interview. It was actually more of a more detailed job description in which the hiring manager gave me a tour and introduced me to some of the staff. I did all the paperwork that day and started working within two days. I didn't even have to have a social security card right away for the background check, but I did have to provide it three days later. Also, there was no drug test as that was probably a good thing for the rest of the employees because I bet half of the employees would have failed it.

Interview Questions

• The pay is only $7.05 per hour, which is minimum wage. Would this be a problem for you?   Answer Question
  • Do you have any days that you need off for school?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation as it was for a minimum wage position ($7.05 per hour). I took it more out of desperation due to the fact that it was in April of 2009 and there were no other jobs I applied to that called me back.

Everett, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

Interview Details – Basically told that you have to wear a green shirt and black pants and will only get paid $7.35 an hour and if you leave you should give 2 weeks notice. I was told that everyone leaves because you only get $7.35 an hour and it you want more money, that is the only way to do it. Apparently there are no pay increases ever unless the minimum wage goes up.

Interview Question – What do you do when you have an angry customer?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dollar Tree

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dollar Tree Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 14 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dollar Tree employees and interview candidates.