Dollar Tree Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2015

1.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2015.

Interview

I asked for the manager and turned in my application to him. He told me that he liked that I did ask for the manager instead of dropping it off "like all the others".
The manager then asked me if he can interview me on the spot and I agreed.
The interview was just about reviewing my application, salary expectation, schedule/hour availability, etc.
The manager then said I was hired and that he would contact me in a few days for orientation/paperwork and that I bring in 2 forms of ID's and a green collared-shirt to be approved for my uniform.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to do other job duties such as cashiering and/or stocking?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice: You'll have a better chance at getting hired if you ask for the manager instead of just dropping off your application with a random employee.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The process was fairly easy. The questions were very basic and your typical ones. Why would you like to work here. Give one example of a time you were faced with an issue,how did you handle it.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle having to be needed in mutiple places at once?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Was Called 3 Months after I Applied. Questions were When Can You Work.I Said Now. Started working Two Days Later. Been There 1 Year and a month now. Love Stocking Merchandise.

Negotiation

7.35

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havelock, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Havelock, NC).

Interview

Really easy interview. Manager asked me One question. Then showed me the store and got hired first day tuesday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Canton, MI).

Interview

I applied a few times before landing an interview. There was a single interview, which consisted of a conversation with a manager. I followed up with a phone call the next day, at which time I was notified I was hired. The best time to apply is a couple months before Christmas or Easter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Sacramento, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Will hire anybody.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree (West Springfield, MA) in May 2013.

Interview

Applied in person, set up an interview with the manager two days after. After going on a wild goose chase to find her, she took me to her office near the front of the store. Interview was more of a job description than anything. Told me she'd call me tomorrow ("for sure") after she checked with her assistant. Never got a call.

Anonymous Employee in Saranac Lake, NY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree (Saranac Lake, NY).

Interview

To get hired, all I needed to do was submit application and conduct follow-up phone calls and visits. Interview process was only a brief conversation with the store manager. Less than 1 hour interview length.

Anonymous Employee in Florence, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Florence, AL) in August 2012.

Interview

I interviewed for the position of sales associate to a stock manager in this company. She seemed really nice and I thought the interview went really well but she lied to me. I was told by her that it was alright with her if I got the job but she needed to speak with her supervisor first. I was told I might have to come in for a second interview but either way I would be called. That call never came. They seemed very dishonest to me.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had ever had experience unloading boxes from trucks.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Everett, PA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Everett, PA) in October 2011.

Interview

Basically told that you have to wear a green shirt and black pants and will only get paid $7.35 an hour and if you leave you should give 2 weeks notice. I was told that everyone leaves because you only get $7.35 an hour and it you want more money, that is the only way to do it. Apparently there are no pay increases ever unless the minimum wage goes up.