Dollar Tree

Updated Sep 17, 2014

1.3

15 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Was Called 3 Months after I Applied. Questions were When Can You Work.I Said Now. Started working Two Days Later. Been There 1 Year and a month now. Love Stocking Merchandise.

7.35

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havelock, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Havelock, NC

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Really easy interview. Manager asked me One question. Then showed me the store and got hired first day tuesday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, MI

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

I applied a few times before landing an interview. There was a single interview, which consisted of a conversation with a manager. I followed up with a phone call the next day, at which time I was notified I was hired. The best time to apply is a couple months before Christmas or Easter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

Will hire anybody.

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Springfield, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2013.

Applied in person, set up an interview with the manager two days after. After going on a wild goose chase to find her, she took me to her office near the front of the store. Interview was more of a job description than anything. Told me she'd call me tomorrow ("for sure") after she checked with her assistant. Never got a call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saranac Lake, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saranac Lake, NY

I applied in-person – interviewed at Dollar Tree.

To get hired, all I needed to do was submit application and conduct follow-up phone calls and visits. Interview process was only a brief conversation with the store manager. Less than 1 hour interview length.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

I interviewed for the position of sales associate to a stock manager in this company. She seemed really nice and I thought the interview went really well but she lied to me. I was told by her that it was alright with her if I got the job but she needed to speak with her supervisor first. I was told I might have to come in for a second interview but either way I would be called. That call never came. They seemed very dishonest to me.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I had ever had experience unloading boxes from trucks.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Everett, PA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

Basically told that you have to wear a green shirt and black pants and will only get paid $7.35 an hour and if you leave you should give 2 weeks notice. I was told that everyone leaves because you only get $7.35 an hour and it you want more money, that is the only way to do it. Apparently there are no pay increases ever unless the minimum wage goes up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Point, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Point, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

Pretty easy fill out application talk to the manager the assistants will not be able to interview you.

Interview Questions
    • are you willing to except min wage and no more then 10 hrs a week. Was the hardest part of the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

I brought in my application to the store manager. She then scheduled me for an interview that day and asked me to come back on a certain date or time. It wasn't much of an interview really; she basically asked me my hours of availability, what my plans were for the future, why I wanted to work at Dollar Tree, then gave me the job.