Dollar Tree Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

1.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in February 2015.

Interview

I asked for the manager and turned in my application to him. He told me that he liked that I did ask for the manager instead of dropping it off "like all the others". The manager then asked me if he can interview me on the spot and I agreed. The interview was just about reviewing my application, salary expectation, schedule/hour availability, etc. The manager then said I was hired and that he would contact me in a few days for orientation/paperwork and that I bring in 2 forms of ID's and a green collared-shirt to be approved for my uniform.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to do other job duties such as cashiering and/or stocking?   Answer Question

Negotiation

My advice: You'll have a better chance at getting hired if you ask for the manager instead of just dropping off your application with a random employee.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Was Called 3 Months after I Applied. Questions were When Can You Work.I Said Now. Started working Two Days Later. Been There 1 Year and a month now. Love Stocking Merchandise.

Negotiation

7.35

Anonymous Employee in Havelock, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Havelock, NC).

Interview

Really easy interview. Manager asked me One question. Then showed me the store and got hired first day tuesday.

Anonymous Employee in Canton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Canton, MI).

Interview

I applied a few times before landing an interview. There was a single interview, which consisted of a conversation with a manager. I followed up with a phone call the next day, at which time I was notified I was hired. The best time to apply is a couple months before Christmas or Easter.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Sacramento, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Will hire anybody.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Central Point, OR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Central Point, OR) in May 2011.

Interview

Pretty easy fill out application talk to the manager the assistants will not be able to interview you.

Interview Questions

• are you willing to except min wage and no more then 10 hrs a week. Was the hardest part of the interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

I brought in my application to the store manager. She then scheduled me for an interview that day and asked me to come back on a certain date or time. It wasn't much of an interview really; she basically asked me my hours of availability, what my plans were for the future, why I wanted to work at Dollar Tree, then gave me the job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

Interview

They interview you and ask you to come back in for a second interview and if you're qualified they will take your information down and put you in the system.

Anonymous Employee in Stockton, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Stockton, CA) in May 2009.

Interview

Wasn't much of an interview. If they called you in you were most likely hired on the spot unless they did not like your appearance. My store manager is big on first impressions and he bases it off of appearance. Just come in to the interview well dressed and clean looking. They pretty much just tell you what their expectations are of you and the dress code and add you onto their system. You'll be working in a matter of 2 days or less after that.

Interview Questions

• There was honestly no questions asked. Other than are you available to work mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They do not negotiate unless you are going in as management. All associates get minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee in Chesterfield, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Chesterfield, MO) in April 2009.

Interview

There was no real interview. It was actually more of a more detailed job description in which the hiring manager gave me a tour and introduced me to some of the staff. I did all the paperwork that day and started working within two days. I didn't even have to have a social security card right away for the background check, but I did have to provide it three days later. Also, there was no drug test as that was probably a good thing for the rest of the employees because I bet half of the employees would have failed it.

Interview Questions

• The pay is only $7.05 per hour, which is minimum wage. Would this be a problem for you?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any days that you need off for school?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation as it was for a minimum wage position ($7.05 per hour). I took it more out of desperation due to the fact that it was in April of 2009 and there were no other jobs I applied to that called me back.