Dollar Tree Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

1.4

14 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Jacksonville, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

I brought in my application to the store manager. She then scheduled me for an interview that day and asked me to come back on a certain date or time. It wasn't much of an interview really; she basically asked me my hours of availability, what my plans were for the future, why I wanted to work at Dollar Tree, then gave me the job.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee  in  Everett, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Everett, PA

The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2011.

Basically told that you have to wear a green shirt and black pants and will only get paid $7.35 an hour and if you leave you should give 2 weeks notice. I was told that everyone leaves because you only get $7.35 an hour and it you want more money, that is the only way to do it. Apparently there are no pay increases ever unless the minimum wage goes up.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

A new store was building in the county and it started out as a one on one interview. Afterwards we had to read information online about the company, met with the hiring manager to register a username and a password, shifts to pass the temporary position, finally passed.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your experience with fittings in sewing?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2010.

My interview was under 30 minutes. I got hired on the spot.
    I was asked basic questions about my past experiences in retail, and how I thought items should be organized on shelf: Labels facing towards customers or not? See...very basic common sense.
    And the usual, tell me about yourself...
    It was not hard at all; you can ace this interview with a little effort.

Interview Questions
    Everything's $1. So, of course I didn't expect more than 8.00 p/h.
    Every 8 things sold help pay your hourly salary. .

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chesterfield, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesterfield, MO

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2009.

There was no real interview. It was actually more of a more detailed job description in which the hiring manager gave me a tour and introduced me to some of the staff. I did all the paperwork that day and started working within two days. I didn't even have to have a social security card right away for the background check, but I did have to provide it three days later. Also, there was no drug test as that was probably a good thing for the rest of the employees because I bet half of the employees would have failed it.

Interview Questions
    • The pay is only $7.05 per hour, which is minimum wage. Would this be a problem for you?   Answer Question
    • Do you have any days that you need off for school?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation as it was for a minimum wage position ($7.05 per hour). I took it more out of desperation due to the fact that it was in April of 2009 and there were no other jobs I applied to that called me back.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stockton, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stockton, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2009.

Wasn't much of an interview. If they called you in you were most likely hired on the spot unless they did not like your appearance. My store manager is big on first impressions and he bases it off of appearance. Just come in to the interview well dressed and clean looking. They pretty much just tell you what their expectations are of you and the dress code and add you onto their system. You'll be working in a matter of 2 days or less after that.

Interview Questions
    • There was honestly no questions asked. Other than are you available to work mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.   Answer Question
    They do not negotiate unless you are going in as management. All associates get minimum wage.

Anonymous Employee  in  Saranac Lake, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Saranac Lake, NY

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Dollar Tree.

To get hired, all I needed to do was submit application and conduct follow-up phone calls and visits. Interview process was only a brief conversation with the store manager. Less than 1 hour interview length.

Anonymous Employee  in  West Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Employee in West Springfield, MA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2013.

Applied in person, set up an interview with the manager two days after. After going on a wild goose chase to find her, she took me to her office near the front of the store. Interview was more of a job description than anything. Told me she'd call me tomorrow ("for sure") after she checked with her assistant. Never got a call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Dollar Tree in June 2013.

Will hire anybody.

No negotiations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Central Point, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Central Point, OR

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollar Tree in May 2011.

Pretty easy fill out application talk to the manager the assistants will not be able to interview you.

Interview Questions
    • are you willing to except min wage and no more then 10 hrs a week. Was the hardest part of the interview.   Answer Question

Worked for Dollar Tree? Contribute to the Community!