Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online,after talking with a store manager, received a call, one to one interview with two senior managers,, good.
Third day another with Director,good grilling.done well. Background checks good.Waiting for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Job related,specific, well prepared.How to prevent losses, tough situations, stocking,   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

All she did was bring me in and ask me a few questions, didn't tell me anything real about the job or the store and candy coated everything. The store she stuck me with was a complete disaster but she didn't mention that or several robberies at all!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever run a store with in-based cameras before?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I was called for an interview 24 hours after I had applied. I interviewed with a district manager, who always dressed in sweatpants, and was very unprofessional. (coming from a well known retailer before this, I was shocked). I was told about the job, the position, and the training, and then asked if I thought I could handle the job. I said yes, so he gave me another time to come back and have an interview with his boss. I came back another day, and he was still dressed in sweatpants and a wrinkly polo shirt. His boss was dressed in a button down shirt and dress slacks, I was a little more impressed in this interview. He mainly asked me questions about how my last employer handled issues, training, etc and if I could get training materials from my previous employer for them to secretly use. Then asked if I could handle the job, I said yes, and they presented me with a job offer on the spot. This was the easiest interview in my life.

Negotiation

I negotiated a few things, very easy, I told them what I wanted and they said ok and made it happen.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

applied online and was contacted by a DM over 3 weeks later to come in during a job fair. Was greeted by 2 very friendly DMs who turned out to be very nice. Typical interview they are just looking for the right person for the job and part of it was them making sure I understood that the job would be a lot of stocking because the average store moves quite a bit of product.

Interview Questions

• nothing...go in with confidence. That seems to be what they are looking for.   Answer Question

I had applied for a position in the city, but was offered one that was almost an hour away instead. When Dollar Tree hires, DMs hire for their district and that can mean any store in their district. Needed a job that was closer without the commute.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2014.

Interview

Really easy process. Had two interviews with the District Manager. The next step was an interview with the human resource training and hiring manager. Received emails for a background check and professional references. The whole process was simple and professional. It took a month in a half from application to job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more money and received a higher offer within minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Rochester, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

First interview is with DM Second is with Regional Director, Regional Trainer, and Regional HR.

The DM interview was easy, the tricky one was the phone interview with the panel of 3.

Interview Questions

• Basic retail scenario questions for the most part.

Challenging one was- What was listed as an area of needed improvement in your last review?

Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

Interview with district manager. Casual conversation about work experience and details about managing others. Put through to regional manager. Typical questions about handling problems, motivating others, planning and execution of tasks, merchandising product and being able to juggle many things at once. Very laid back atmosphere during interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate some.

Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Salem, NH) in February 2014.

Interview

3 level interview process with Store Manager, District Manager and Regional Director. I had to submit to a background check and then undergo a 7 week training program in the training store.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a time you had to overcome a significant challenge and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Houston, TX) in November 2013.

Interview

Called for interview; resume posted on Monster. Met w/District manager who asked about experience. Second interview was by phone w/ corp HR. Took a couple of weeks for background check and started 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Asked about training, hiring, firing, computer skills, P&L experience. Phone interview with HR was more focused on "what would you do if".   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree (Kansas City, MO) in October 2013.

Interview

3 levels but not bad overall

Interview Questions

• They are all open ended task solution based easy if you have done this type of interviewing in the past   Answer Question

Negotiation

Typical, very little room for wiggling