Dollar Tree

2.4

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

applied online and was contacted by a DM over 3 weeks later to come in during a job fair. Was greeted by 2 very friendly DMs who turned out to be very nice. Typical interview they are just looking for the right person for the job and part of it was them making sure I understood that the job would be a lot of stocking because the average store moves quite a bit of product.

Interview Questions
  • nothing...go in with confidence. That seems to be what they are looking for.   Answer Question

I had applied for a position in the city, but was offered one that was almost an hour away instead. When Dollar Tree hires, DMs hire for their district and that can mean any store in their district. Needed a job that was closer without the commute.

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2014.

Really easy process. Had two interviews with the District Manager. The next step was an interview with the human resource training and hiring manager. Received emails for a background check and professional references. The whole process was simple and professional. It took a month in a half from application to job offer.

Interview Questions
    I asked for more money and received a higher offer within minutes.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview with district manager. Casual conversation about work experience and details about managing others. Put through to regional manager. Typical questions about handling problems, motivating others, planning and execution of tasks, merchandising product and being able to juggle many things at once. Very laid back atmosphere during interview.

Interview Questions
    I was able to negotiate some.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kansas City, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in October 2013.

3 levels but not bad overall

Interview Questions
    • They are all open ended task solution based easy if you have done this type of interviewing in the past   Answer Question
    Typical, very little room for wiggling

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in September 2013.

I went to a job fair where I had a brief interview. I had a subsequent phone interview and then an in person interview.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of focus on getting out stock quickly and stock rotation. I was asked if I had worked in a place that had a heavy stock rotation.   View Answer
    Asked for 8k more then where they normally start managers because of my experience, so they had to go up the ladder to get it approved. That took about a week.

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree.

They gave me two over the phone calls and a panel interview with the Hiring Manager and about four others for the new stores they were opening up. They made me feel welcomed and the interview went really well. I would recommend practice on your basic previous job description and how you would improve their company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really difficult, they just wanted to know about my previous job description and how would I manage their store.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2013.

The initial phone interview was with another store manager. The second was with the district manager. Average situation questions. The third was with human resources and is where we discussed salary.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions asked. Was standard situational questions.   Answer Question
    Was able to negotiate my salary as their first offer was low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dollar Tree in April 2013.

Received e-mail 3 months after applying asking to interview me. Interview was in held in the middle of busy warehouse area. I had a group/panel telephone interview a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Really none. The whole thing made it seem they'd looked at my resume and were fairly satisfied my background and experience provided them most of the information they needed.   Answer Question
    When asked how I heard about the opportunity I told them I'd employed a search for store manager jobs paying $40,000.00 a year or more. That is then what they offered me. It turns out that is the amount they pay every store manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

Met with the regional manager for the interview, basic managerial questions were asked from my customer service skills to my daily routines on operating a store.. the initial interview with him lasted about 45 minutes, followed up by an interview with the district manager who happened to be in the next room.

Interview Questions
    • What has been the most challenging experience for you as a store manager?   View Answer
    Non negotiable, but was told salary increases with higher volume stores

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake City, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake City, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dollar Tree in August 2012.

Sent online resume, received call several days later and arranged to meet dm at one of the stores, he was real enthused about his company and asked very pointed questions about my work experience, particularly what my current job duties entailed. Interview lasted about 90 minutes total and also included a detailed discussion about salary requirements and what the job was exactly, which was to be a "benchmark" position where i would be trained for 2 months and then would be certified to be a store manager under the assumption that the next store available in the district would be mine. Even if store not immediately available i would be paid the same salary regardless and assigned to work in one of the district stores until such a position came open

Interview Questions
    • What was a store project that i was most proud of? What was my most difficult customer and how did i win that customer over.   View Answer