Dollar Tree Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Oklahoma City, OK) in August 2015.

Interview

Was called by a recruiter after I put my application on indeed.com, interviewed with her over the phone and then went to the store the next day to meet with a dm. The whole interview with him lasted an hour. Everything thing went well I take it because he said he was going to set up a time for the regional director and hr to call me to have a phone interview. Waiting on that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Dollar Tree

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Raleigh, NC) in June 2015.

Interview

Asked a few questions. Asked if I knew what their slogan was. Offered very little about the job. Just asked if I had any questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I'd ever filed a workmans comp claim.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (San Antonio, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Applied online,after talking with a store manager, received a call, one to one interview with two senior managers,, good. Third day another with Director,good grilling.done well. Background checks good.Waiting for the offer.

Interview Questions

• Job related,specific, well prepared.How to prevent losses, tough situations, stocking,   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

All she did was bring me in and ask me a few questions, didn't tell me anything real about the job or the store and candy coated everything. The store she stuck me with was a complete disaster but she didn't mention that or several robberies at all!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever run a store with in-based cameras before?   1 Answer

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dollar Tree.

Interview

I was called for an interview 24 hours after I had applied. I interviewed with a district manager, who always dressed in sweatpants, and was very unprofessional. (coming from a well known retailer before this, I was shocked). I was told about the job, the position, and the training, and then asked if I thought I could handle the job. I said yes, so he gave me another time to come back and have an interview with his boss. I came back another day, and he was still dressed in sweatpants and a wrinkly polo shirt. His boss was dressed in a button down shirt and dress slacks, I was a little more impressed in this interview. He mainly asked me questions about how my last employer handled issues, training, etc and if I could get training materials from my previous employer for them to secretly use. Then asked if I could handle the job, I said yes, and they presented me with a job offer on the spot. This was the easiest interview in my life.

Negotiation

I negotiated a few things, very easy, I told them what I wanted and they said ok and made it happen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Baltimore, MD) in December 2014.

Interview

Met with multiple members of the regional team on a career day. The whole process didn't take longer than 2 hours. Everyone was pleasant and the common dress code was business casual. The more people you meet with, the higher your chances of getting hired. Overall a good experience. They seemed to be very interested in de-stressing the process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had a difficult customer. How did you deal with it? What was the outcome?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

applied online and was contacted by a DM over 3 weeks later to come in during a job fair. Was greeted by 2 very friendly DMs who turned out to be very nice. Typical interview they are just looking for the right person for the job and part of it was them making sure I understood that the job would be a lot of stocking because the average store moves quite a bit of product.

Interview Questions

• nothing...go in with confidence. That seems to be what they are looking for.   Answer Question

I had applied for a position in the city, but was offered one that was almost an hour away instead. When Dollar Tree hires, DMs hire for their district and that can mean any store in their district. Needed a job that was closer without the commute.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree in July 2014.

Interview

Really easy process. Had two interviews with the District Manager. The next step was an interview with the human resource training and hiring manager. Received emails for a background check and professional references. The whole process was simple and professional. It took a month in a half from application to job offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for more money and received a higher offer within minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Rochester, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

First interview is with DM Second is with Regional Director, Regional Trainer, and Regional HR. The DM interview was easy, the tricky one was the phone interview with the panel of 3.

Interview Questions

• Basic retail scenario questions for the most part. Challenging one was- What was listed as an area of needed improvement in your last review?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Dollar Tree (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2014.

Interview

Incredibly informal interview process with someone who was preparing for inventory. Wasn't as professional as I'd anticipated, based on my previous experience. I met with a gentleman who was wearing jeans and was less than polished. I was also surprised by the informality of the interview questions themselves.