Dollarama Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 13, 2014
16 interviews

1.8

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollarama.

Process took 2 weeks. They asked me just basic questions about my experience and most of time we talked about my availability. After that I had to fill in some employe application

Interview Questions
    No space for negoatiation. Just minimum wage.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond Hill, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollarama in July 2013.

Applied in store by handing in my resume to the manager. Called them a week later as a follow up, and the next day they gave me an interview. Went through the interview which consisted of the manager and assistant manager asking me questions. Later that day they gave me a call saying I got the job. So hiring process was around 1 week total.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself?
      Name one weakness you have and how you are working on improving it?
      Do you have any experience as a cashier?
        Answer Question

Keyholder Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollarama.

Met at the store and sat in the office. All the details were given with the large exception left out of book keeping which was a considerably detailed duty. Was then told it was barely over minimum wage.

Interview Questions
    Pay was not negotiable but told "advancement is possible in the future"

Key Holder Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Dollarama in May 2013.

Walked in off the street and spoke to a very nice female store manager who hired me within 24 hr. Unfortunately she was in a car accident with 3 days of that interview. When I started shortly after that, a new male manager had already started and immediately informed me that the company only hires Key holder cashier positions from within. I knew then my days were numbered.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Very relaxed during the interview. I think it really matters who the manager is at the particular store   Answer Question
    Make sure you get everything in writing. The wages and hours that I was told I would get, never materalized.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollarama in December 2013.

Since I filled out the entire contract/sheet instantly, as well as brought along a blank cheque, a full resume, and explained thoroughly why I wanted the job, the interview lasted under 5 minutes, and the interviewer said I was part of the team.

Cashier Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dollarama in August 2009.

Submitted a resume to the manager, received a call back a week later, was asked to come in for an interview.

The interview was very straight forward and simple. A few behavioural questions such as what would I do in a situation where a customer is yelling, and some questions of my availability.

I was told after the interview that I would be contacted. I recieved a call the next day that I was hired and asked to come in a day that week to start.

Interview Questions
    • Everthing was straight forward, no curve balls for this interview. But this interview took place a few years ago   Answer Question
    There wasnt a negotiation phase, it was a minimum wage job and it was made clear from the beginning

Packing Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dollarama in June 2011.

You are given a variety of items to design packaging for, they will judge your design after you are done. They are looking for quick designers, as the amount of items they need designs for is large.

Interview Questions
    • The interview process is straightforward. No unexpected questions were posed.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brampton, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Dollarama.

My friend had informed me of her workplace, Dollarama, was hiring for the Christmas and Halloween season. So the next day when I had went there to meet with the manager, I told her my availability and I was hired right on the spot. There was no formal interviewed at all. It was very quick and easy and I started to work within that same week.

Interview Questions
    • There wasn't a question that was difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Kamloops, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Kamloops, BC (Canada)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Dollarama in December 2012.

The manager was frazzled as she had forgotten she had me in for an interview at that time. I waited by the staff only entrance for her for 10 minutes, she finally came and greeted me told me to follow her into her office a small corner. She then asked me why Dollarama? I told her why not it's a fun place to shop. She then asked why I moved to that city? I said for a better life. She asked me what my salary expectations are I told her whatever the pay rate for there is. She asked about me being able to lift and carry heavy objects I told her I could but am limited mobility, she made a note. During the interview there were other staff members who rudely came in to ask questions and cut us off without apology. I didn't get the job.

Head Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I interviewed in-person - interviewed at Dollarama in November 2011.

I did a cold call and walked in to a Dollarama store requesting to speak with the manager. I introduced myself, acknowledged that she was probably extremely busy and i would not take much of her time. Handed manager my resume listed a couple places i worked before and stated i was interested in any position they had to offer. She told me to come back for 9:00 the following day.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for this store in particular?   View Answer
    I was hired as temporary seasonal help with no guarantees. I agreed as that was my foot in the door and the rest is up to me.

Worked for Dollarama? Contribute to the Community!