Dolphin Technology Inc

Getting the Interview

15 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Dolphin Technology Inc

Interview Details – the onsite interview took 7 round, each interview about 30 to 40 minutes

Interview Question – all basic questions   Answer Question

Circuit Design Interview

Interviewed at Dolphin Technology Inc

Interview Details – On site interview 4 persons

Interview Question – SRAM stucture   Answer Question

Validation Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dolphin Technology Inc in July 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a position of Junior level Validation engineer at their San Jose office.
Interviewers were fresh graduates with less than a year's experience and I was interviewing for a position that required 2 years experience.
The same interviewer got mad at me because I would need H1B sponsorship while my name in my resume had made him think I would not ! (BTW He himself was Indian and was on a H1!)
Interview was extremely un-organised and one of the interviewer got kind of offended because he could not understand my PERL program using Regular expressions.
After the first 2 rounds, they had me wait for around 25 mins for the next interviewer, who came in only after I asked the receptionist about it.
I was not too unhappy to have not heard back from them ..

Interview Question – Write a PERL script to find a certain key word in a text file.
Solid state electronics questions.
Questions about latches and flipflops
Basic VERILOG coding questions.
Basic C coding questions - (Write a function that accepts 3 numbers and returns the highest 2- this was one of the best questions in the interview, asked by a more experienced engineer)
  Answer Question

Circuit Design Engineer Interview

I applied online and interviewed at Dolphin Technology Inc.

Interview Details – Applied online and phone interview was scheduled based on vacancy.

Phone interview questions:
latch v/s FF
blocking/ non blocking
setup n hold
sizing of sram for read and write
inverter sizing, 2 ip nand sizing
why pmos is sized up compared to nmos in an inverter
miller cap effect in inverter
if ip to inverter is 0.5 VDD, what is op value
inverter with a series nmos, what happens and
with inc in temp how a fet behaves

Interview Question – everything was conceptual   Answer Question

Circuit Design Engineer(SRAM Memory Or High Speed IO) Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Dolphin Technology Inc in March 2013.

Interview Details – Resume Submitted online - got an email regarding phone interview
Phone interview - straight to the business started asking technical Questions
1. Explain CMOS operation regions
2. Sizing of 2 input NAND Gate
3. difference between blocking and Non-blocking(Verilog)
4. What are arrays and Hashes in PERL

Selected for On-site with 1:1 round with 7 Engineers
1. He drew digital circuits with basic Gates and the delays and asked to draw waveforms
2. C questions sheet ( 5 questions including questions on binary tree, difference between ++var and var++, sorting question)
3 & 4. Asked on my Resume and Research work
5. Asked me more in detail about CMOS like why PMOS is slower than NMOS, questions on computing output of a circuit having complex NMOS pass gate connections etc
6. Director discussed more about the company
7. Asked about Flip Flops and setup hold time and Max Frequency of a sequential and Combinational circuit

Interview Questions

• He drew digital circuits with basic Gates and the delays and asked to draw waveforms   Answer Question
  • why PMOS is slower than NMOS, questions on computing output of a circuit having complex NMOS pass gate connections etc   View Answer
  • C questions sheet ( 5 questions including questions on binary tree, difference between ++var and var++, sorting question)   View Answer
  • Flip Flops and setup hold time and Max Frequency of a sequential and Combinational circuit   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation as I am a Fresh Grad

High Speed I/O Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dolphin Technology Inc in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied on line. Got a email to schedule a phone interview very soon. One phone interview related to the resume, took about 20 mins. A week later went to the in-person interview. Four round, two of them were focus on the digital logic question. Inverter , FF and the advantages and disadvantages about the FF, set up time and hold time, latch up; One is focus on the C; The last one was asking analog question. CS, Ids and current mirror.

Interview Question – cons and pros about the FF you have drawn. Comparing with other schematic.   View Answers (5)

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Circuit Design/Analog Mixed Signal Design (Multiple Positions Available) Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dolphin Technology Inc in March 2013.

Interview Details – The whole process is it: I received the call from the company after I submit the resume. They schedule the on-site interview directly. They comes with different people from different group. First person ask about inverter and then NAND gate, and how to size them to make rise time and fall time equally. Then ask about the verilog question. Second person draw a pics with four different circuit about the circuit and asked when the clock comes in what the output will be. And then ask about the passgate flip-flop. The third one asked C programming and he gave me a test sheet to write up.

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dolphin Technology Inc in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was called in for the interview, was notified that it might take 4 hours at the most but completed in 1 hour and a bit more. The HR manager was a lady, asked me to explain any of my favorite projects, I did, then went on to next round, technical round, asked a few questions regarding verilog, write the code for D filpflop and some Vlsi basic stuff.

Interview Question – Explain about your projects?
Verilog
D_ff
D_latch
Asked to draw a Nand gate schematic?
Convert the nand gate to inverter?
Inverter sizes?
  Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dolphin Technology Inc in November 2011.

Interview Details – 4 rounds; 1st behavioral why this company ? why should i hire you? etc..; 2nd Q's on paper and explain- charge sharing two cap's connected in parallel with switch open charge on other? etc.., ; 3rd Verilog & Digtal - verilog code for D Latch and D FF; verilog blocking non blocking etc..; 4th round on Complete CMOS such as CMOS VTC, Mobility degradation, velocity saturation, TC's etc...

Engineering Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Dolphin Technology Inc in June 2011.

Interview Details – meet with three engineers, all of them asked about questions directly related to circuits.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Dolphin Technology Inc? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dolphin Technology Inc interview questions and advice. All 15 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dolphin Technology Inc employees and interview candidates.