Dominion Enterprises Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.3

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

What a mess. I should have expected it considering I've worked here previously. I had a member of upper management and another friend trying to get me back to Dominion. My friend gave my resume to another member of upper management. I never heard anything and accepted another job about 2 months later. My friend was determined to get me over there again before I started the new job and asked around. The actual hiring manager claimed he never got my resume from upper management. They had me fill out an application. The manager scheduled me for an interview but didn't seem rushed even though I had already accepted another offer. The interview went well and the manager mentioned how upper management had good things to say about me. I told him I was looking for a salary match if possible. He said what I asked for was out of their budget for the position (no surprise with this company) but he'd see what he could do. A week went by and I heard nothing. I then randomly bumped into the manager and started small talk but didn't bring up the job. An hour or so later, he sent me an email saying they were unable to work anything out. I asked if there was anything he could offer but they didn't even try. It was clear they were not serious about paying people anything close to an average salary for this position. You'd think all that would be sorted out when one of the people referring you is senior managment. What a waste of time. The hiring manager was very unprofessional and cowardly. He never called me once during the process. Everything was done over email. It was especially bad considering he could have just talked to me in person when I ran into him! The senior manager later asked my friend what happened and was told I started my new job. The senior manager first thought I had just turned them down but my friend had to explain to him that I wasn't even given an offer. The senior manager stood in the elevator dumbfounded. Last time I checked, the job was still open even though it's been 10 months! The process was a reminder of why I will never work at Dominion again.

Office Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview

The interview was All day. I had Interviews with 3 managers and then took a skills test. In my opinion the interview process was way too long. At one time they went into meetings and left me there on the skills test for 2 hours. I think they forgot about me.

Operations Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA) in July 2014.

Interview

1. Phone Interview: This was with the recruiter.
    2. In-House Interview: Skills Test I, Conversations with other Directors with whom I'd be collaborating as well as who would become my direct supervisor.
    3. Presentation: This was a presentation showcasing the skills that were most relevant to my position, presented remotely. (

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself 5 years from now, professionally speaking?
      What is your greatest strength? Your greatest weakness?
      Questions regarding skill levels on all the software necessary for the position.

Answer Question

Sales Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview

Applied to a LinkedIn posting, interviewed via phone with 2 individuals, and then face-to-face with the VP. Offer was verbally extended, and after acceptance, a drug screen and background check were admitted in 48 hours. I passed and then started a few weeks later.

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 7+ monthsinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA) in March 2014.

Interview

Dominion Enterprises owns many companies including Homes.com and ForRent.com. When I interviewed with Dominion Enterprises I interviewed for a Windows Systems Administrator. I asked very detailed questions during the interview in reference to pay, hours and acknowledgement of work done. What I was told by management stopped shortly after I was hired. This job is heading for burn out fast. The interview was nothing more than bait and switch, promise the world and never deliver.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

One phone screening with a supervisor and an in-person interview with supervisor and manager.

Interview Questions

• Very conversational and about previous experience. Not crazy off the wall questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. I was offered a fair salary and benefits and was excited about the project.

Account Executive Interview

Interview

Phone Interview, Meeting with direct manager, Meeting with Regional

Negotiation

there is no negotiation

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

The interview was a casual one on one meeting with a manager. It began with a quick introduction of myself, moved into a discussion of my resume, then proceeded into more in-depth questions about my experience in the specific field. Most of the questions were standard and easy to answer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and came up with a solution for their concern.   Answer Question

Responsive Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

Quick, met with the 3 bosses within the Website Department, very friendly. Ask me about my skills within web and graphic design. I was called later that day and offered the position. Came back same day to sign offer paperwork and started 3 weeks later. Helped that I had interned there a couple of summers beforehand for Forrent.com

Interview Questions

• My website design experience   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

This was one of the worst interview processes I have ever experienced in my 18 year career. Fortunately, I received a better offer elsewhere.

1. The hiring manager nickel and dimed me on every aspect of the salary and equipment needs.

2. The hiring manager tried to make me give a start date before the drug test and background check were completed. You never ever consider a job offer is complete until all the employment conditions have been met.

3. The hiring manager tried to make me start on my birthday. The manager did not care that it was my birthday and made no attempt to acknowledge that starting on a person's birthday was in no way terrible.

4. The hiring manager pressured me to give my current job less than 2 weeks notice and did not care that it would be bad or burning a bridge with my current employer. This shows the hiring manager's lack of care for myself of anyone that works for him.

Interview Questions

Because of how awful it would be to work for this particular person and the terrible conditions that were provided in working for this person.