Dominion Enterprises

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Updated Jul 23, 2014

2.2

Office Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

The interview was All day. I had Interviews with 3 managers and then took a skills test. In my opinion the interview process was way too long. At one time they went into meetings and left me there on the skills test for 2 hours. I think they forgot about me.

Sales Recruiter Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Applied to a LinkedIn posting, interviewed via phone with 2 individuals, and then face-to-face with the VP. Offer was verbally extended, and after acceptance, a drug screen and background check were admitted in 48 hours. I passed and then started a few weeks later.

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

One phone screening with a supervisor and an in-person interview with supervisor and manager.

Interview Questions
    • Very conversational and about previous experience. Not crazy off the wall questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. I was offered a fair salary and benefits and was excited about the project.

Account Executive Interview

Phone Interview, Meeting with direct manager, Meeting with Regional

there is no negotiation

Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online – interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

The interview was a casual one on one meeting with a manager. It began with a quick introduction of myself, moved into a discussion of my resume, then proceeded into more in-depth questions about my experience in the specific field. Most of the questions were standard and easy to answer.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and came up with a solution for their concern.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

This was one of the worst interview processes I have ever experienced in my 18 year career. Fortunately, I received a better offer elsewhere.

1. The hiring manager nickel and dimed me on every aspect of the salary and equipment needs.

2. The hiring manager tried to make me give a start date before the drug test and background check were completed. You never ever consider a job offer is complete until all the employment conditions have been met.

3. The hiring manager tried to make me start on my birthday. The manager did not care that it was my birthday and made no attempt to acknowledge that starting on a person's birthday was in no way terrible.

4. The hiring manager pressured me to give my current job less than 2 weeks notice and did not care that it would be bad or burning a bridge with my current employer. This shows the hiring manager's lack of care for myself of anyone that works for him.

Interview Questions

Because of how awful it would be to work for this particular person and the terrible conditions that were provided in working for this person.

Account Executive Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Typical for the most part, 5 interviews, including one phone interview. Two of the in-person interviews were with the same person asking primarily the same thing

Interview Questions
    • One interviewer talked about herself for most of that interview.   View Answer
    The offer was less than I had said I would accept; that was frustrating. I said I would accept, so that was frustrating. I declined that offer but they came back with a higher salary so I accepted.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

General phone interview followed by a request for an in-person interview. During in-person interview it was very apparent the lack of knowledge from management. I was basically better interviewed by the other Designers.

Interview Questions
    • It was more personality questions rather than technical knowledge questions.   View Answer
    If you are not happy with the initial salary do not take the offer. I was tricked into thinking I would get faster raises depending on performance reviews but management lies in those reviews.

Technical Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

3 interviewer then the manager came in

Interview Questions
    • The questions were not difficult, they were not related to the position.   View Answer

Account Executive -Cleveland Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises in July 2013.

Very judgmental company or the Sales Manager was. First I was offered a position and then it was recanted, and he couldn't come up with an explanation or was being a coward and not being honest. I was honest with my background and was judged, even though I was very qualified for the job. Would not recommend this position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to make sales calls when you are on the road? This is a basic question for any outside sales rep. It was asked in a demeaning manner by the Regional Sales Manager.   Answer Question
    Not a real negotiation.