Dominion Enterprises

Relevance Date Difficulty

Accounting and Finance Interview

Accounting and Finance
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in September 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed with Finance VP - looking back on questions asked to me, I believe the offer was extended to solve a political issue for themselve. I spoke more about data than Accounting and Finance. The company framework was discussed at a high level but required more detail from the interviewer in order to get a clear picture of the company. As once in the position, it is figure it out on your own.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself - not very difficult to answer but the only question asked   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiate a bonus

Sales Recruiter Interview

Sales Recruiter

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview Details – Applied to a LinkedIn posting, interviewed via phone with 2 individuals, and then face-to-face with the VP. Offer was verbally extended, and after acceptance, a drug screen and background check were admitted in 48 hours. I passed and then started a few weeks later.

Interview Question – tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Training Specialist Interview

Training Specialist

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in May 2010.

Interview Details – I had three interviews before I was hired. There is a phone interview, a face to face and presentation interview. The interview process was relatively easy. The presentation interview you are allowed to present on any topic.

Interview Question – Where do you want to be 5 years from now.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was NO negotiation phase. I was told what the salary would be.

Business Development Manager Interview

Business Development Manager
Norfolk, VA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview for a Business Development position at Dominion Enterprises is typically conducted by at least three different employees at the organization. The interview involves basic background questions, a review of your resume, and a discussion regarding your references. The employees conducting the one on one interviews are professional, courteous, and respectful of your time. There were no surprises during the interviews although the entire process was lengthy compared to other employers.

Interview Question – Describe how you would handle a situation that involved an angry customer and a tenured sales representative over misrepresentation of your companies services?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was put on the table and I was given 24 hours to respond. Although I tried I was not able to negotiate the salary or benefits.

Technical Writer Interview

Technical Writer
Norfolk, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview Details – One phone screening with a supervisor and an in-person interview with supervisor and manager.

Interview Question – Very conversational and about previous experience. Not crazy off the wall questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. I was offered a fair salary and benefits and was excited about the project.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

Interviewed at Dominion Enterprises

Interview Details – Phone Interview, Meeting with direct manager, Meeting with Regional

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview Details – The interview was a casual one on one meeting with a manager. It began with a quick introduction of myself, moved into a discussion of my resume, then proceeded into more in-depth questions about my experience in the specific field. Most of the questions were standard and easy to answer.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer and came up with a solution for their concern.   Answer Question

Developer Interview

Developer
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview Details – This was one of the worst interview processes I have ever experienced in my 18 year career. Fortunately, I received a better offer elsewhere.

1. The hiring manager nickel and dimed me on every aspect of the salary and equipment needs.

2. The hiring manager tried to make me give a start date before the drug test and background check were completed. You never ever consider a job offer is complete until all the employment conditions have been met.

3. The hiring manager tried to make me start on my birthday. The manager did not care that it was my birthday and made no attempt to acknowledge that starting on a person's birthday was in no way terrible.

4. The hiring manager pressured me to give my current job less than 2 weeks notice and did not care that it would be bad or burning a bridge with my current employer. This shows the hiring manager's lack of care for myself of anyone that works for him.

Interview Question – No questions were difficult   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because of how awful it would be to work for this particular person and the terrible conditions that were provided in working for this person.

Account Executive -Cleveland Interview

Account Executive -Cleveland

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in July 2013.

Interview Details – Very judgmental company or the Sales Manager was. First I was offered a position and then it was recanted, and he couldn't come up with an explanation or was being a coward and not being honest. I was honest with my background and was judged, even though I was very qualified for the job. Would not recommend this position.

Interview Question – Are you able to make sales calls when you are on the road? This is a basic question for any outside sales rep. It was asked in a demeaning manner by the Regional Sales Manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not a real negotiation.

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Windows Systems Administrator
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in July 2013.

Interview Details – Online application
Contacted by hiring manager via email
Great communication throughout process

Interview Question – None. All were technical as expected.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Dominion Enterprises

Worked for Dominion Enterprises? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Dominion Enterprises interview questions and advice. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by Dominion Enterprises employees and interview candidates.