Dominion Enterprises Interview Questions

Updated Jul 29, 2015

2.3

Responsive Web Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA) in November 2013.

Interview

Quick, met with the 3 bosses within the Website Department, very friendly. Ask me about my skills within web and graphic design. I was called later that day and offered the position. Came back same day to sign offer paperwork and started 3 weeks later. Helped that I had interned there a couple of summers beforehand for Forrent.com

Interview Questions

• My website design experience   1 Answer

Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

This was one of the worst interview processes I have ever experienced in my 18 year career. Fortunately, I received a better offer elsewhere. 1. The hiring manager nickel and dimed me on every aspect of the salary and equipment needs. 2. The hiring manager tried to make me give a start date before the drug test and background check were completed. You never ever consider a job offer is complete until all the employment conditions have been met. 3. The hiring manager tried to make me start on my birthday. The manager did not care that it was my birthday and made no attempt to acknowledge that starting on a person's birthday was in no way terrible. 4. The hiring manager pressured me to give my current job less than 2 weeks notice and did not care that it would be bad or burning a bridge with my current employer. This shows the hiring manager's lack of care for myself of anyone that works for him.

Interview Questions

Because of how awful it would be to work for this particular person and the terrible conditions that were provided in working for this person.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview

Typical for the most part, 5 interviews, including one phone interview. Two of the in-person interviews were with the same person asking primarily the same thing

Interview Questions

• One interviewer talked about herself for most of that interview.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was less than I had said I would accept; that was frustrating. I said I would accept, so that was frustrating. I declined that offer but they came back with a higher salary so I accepted.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

General phone interview followed by a request for an in-person interview. During in-person interview it was very apparent the lack of knowledge from management. I was basically better interviewed by the other Designers.

Interview Questions

• It was more personality questions rather than technical knowledge questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are not happy with the initial salary do not take the offer. I was tricked into thinking I would get faster raises depending on performance reviews but management lies in those reviews.

Technical Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview

3 interviewer then the manager came in

Interview Questions

• The questions were not difficult, they were not related to the position.   1 Answer

Account Executive -Cleveland Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises in July 2013.

Interview

Very judgmental company or the Sales Manager was. First I was offered a position and then it was recanted, and he couldn't come up with an explanation or was being a coward and not being honest. I was honest with my background and was judged, even though I was very qualified for the job. Would not recommend this position.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to make sales calls when you are on the road? This is a basic question for any outside sales rep. It was asked in a demeaning manner by the Regional Sales Manager.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not a real negotiation.

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA) in July 2013.

Interview

Online application Contacted by hiring manager via email Great communication throughout process

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Received a phone call from a resume I submitted through Craigslist. Had a phone interview first then asked to come in for a formal interview. Personable HR rep on the phone. Met with a sales manager for the in office interview. Good interview. Nice manager with welcoming personality. Made me feel easily at ease. Cubicle environment.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions stood out, as most were pretty standard for the sales industry. I guess since it's a telemarketing position, be prepared to answer "How do you think you would handle a lot of rejection over the phone?"   Answer Question

Had another job offer more in line with my goals.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Norfolk, VA).

Interview

Communicated with an internal recruiter via email and then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Unfortunately, whoever wrote the job description was way off. The job title and description made it sound like they wanted a backend developer but the position was really for a UI developer. I didn't find this out until the end of the interview. I of course didn't get an offer but wouldn't have accpted it if I did.

Field Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Dominion Enterprises (Winston-Salem, NC).

Interview

1) Contacted by the hiring manager offering an overview of position, expectations 2) Phone screen interview by an HR rep. purpose was to identify the level of interest and qualifications 3) In person interview with hiring manager; application, PI index completed 4) final interview with hiring manager with one level or higher manager- in depth review of professional experience, scenarios- 'what was one of the biggest challenges i overcame in the past as a manager'.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle an employee which I had discovered was stealing from the company..   1 Answer

Negotiation

Company at time did not negotiate starting salary from out of company candidates.