Dominion Enterprises

Relevance Date Difficulty

Windows Systems Administrator Interview

Windows Systems Administrator
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in July 2013.

Interview Details – Online application
Contacted by hiring manager via email
Great communication throughout process

Interview Question – None. All were technical as expected.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview Details – Typical for the most part, 5 interviews, including one phone interview. Two of the in-person interviews were with the same person asking primarily the same thing

Interview Question – One interviewer talked about herself for most of that interview.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The offer was less than I had said I would accept; that was frustrating. I said I would accept, so that was frustrating. I declined that offer but they came back with a higher salary so I accepted.

Graphic Designer Interview

Graphic Designer
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview Details – General phone interview followed by a request for an in-person interview. During in-person interview it was very apparent the lack of knowledge from management. I was basically better interviewed by the other Designers.

Interview Question – It was more personality questions rather than technical knowledge questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – If you are not happy with the initial salary do not take the offer. I was tricked into thinking I would get faster raises depending on performance reviews but management lies in those reviews.

Technical Interview

Technical

I applied online and interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview Details – 3 interviewer then the manager came in

Interview Question – The questions were not difficult, they were not related to the position.   View Answer

Marketing Consultant Interview

Marketing Consultant
San Diego, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview Details – Received a phone call from a resume I submitted through Craigslist. Had a phone interview first then asked to come in for a formal interview. Personable HR rep on the phone. Met with a sales manager for the in office interview. Good interview. Nice manager with welcoming personality. Made me feel easily at ease. Cubicle environment.

Interview Question – None of the questions stood out, as most were pretty standard for the sales industry. I guess since it's a telemarketing position, be prepared to answer "How do you think you would handle a lot of rejection over the phone?"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Had another job offer more in line with my goals.

Web Developer Interview

Web Developer
Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview Details – Communicated with an internal recruiter via email and then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Unfortunately, whoever wrote the job description was way off. The job title and description made it sound like they wanted a backend developer but the position was really for a UI developer. I didn't find this out until the end of the interview. I of course didn't get an offer but wouldn't have accpted it if I did.

Interview Question – What did you do at your last job.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in June 2011.

Interview Details – Had phone interview the on-site interview. Typical interview questions. Walked out with offer and drug test form

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Route Distributor Interview

Route Distributor
Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in January 2009.

Interview Details – One interview provide license and insurance card required to drive own vehicle.

Interview Question – Have you ever been convicted of a felony   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations piece rate

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Marketing Coordinator
Norfolk, VA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in December 2011.

Interview Details – Only a phone interview and one panel interview in person. Was pretty easy and laid back. Was called and hired within a week of the final interview.

Negotiation Details – They offered me as much as they had budgeted for the position.

Field Sales Manager Interview

Field Sales Manager
Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Interview Details – 1) Contacted by the hiring manager offering an overview of position, expectations 2) Phone screen interview by an HR rep. purpose was to identify the level of interest and qualifications 3) In person interview with hiring manager; application, PI index completed 4) final interview with hiring manager with one level or higher manager- in depth review of professional experience, scenarios- 'what was one of the biggest challenges i overcame in the past as a manager'.

Interview Question – How would I handle an employee which I had discovered was stealing from the company..   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Company at time did not negotiate starting salary from out of company candidates.