Dominion Enterprises

Updated Jul 23, 2014
Updated Jul 23, 2014

2.2

Account Executive -Cleveland Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in July 2013.

Very judgmental company or the Sales Manager was. First I was offered a position and then it was recanted, and he couldn't come up with an explanation or was being a coward and not being honest. I was honest with my background and was judged, even though I was very qualified for the job. Would not recommend this position.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to make sales calls when you are on the road? This is a basic question for any outside sales rep. It was asked in a demeaning manner by the Regional Sales Manager.   Answer Question
    Not a real negotiation.

Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Received a phone call from a resume I submitted through Craigslist. Had a phone interview first then asked to come in for a formal interview. Personable HR rep on the phone. Met with a sales manager for the in office interview. Good interview. Nice manager with welcoming personality. Made me feel easily at ease. Cubicle environment.

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions stood out, as most were pretty standard for the sales industry. I guess since it's a telemarketing position, be prepared to answer "How do you think you would handle a lot of rejection over the phone?"   Answer Question

Had another job offer more in line with my goals.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

Communicated with an internal recruiter via email and then had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Unfortunately, whoever wrote the job description was way off. The job title and description made it sound like they wanted a backend developer but the position was really for a UI developer. I didn't find this out until the end of the interview. I of course didn't get an offer but wouldn't have accpted it if I did.

Field Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Winston-Salem, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises.

1) Contacted by the hiring manager offering an overview of position, expectations 2) Phone screen interview by an HR rep. purpose was to identify the level of interest and qualifications 3) In person interview with hiring manager; application, PI index completed 4) final interview with hiring manager with one level or higher manager- in depth review of professional experience, scenarios- 'what was one of the biggest challenges i overcame in the past as a manager'.

Interview Questions
    • How would I handle an employee which I had discovered was stealing from the company..   View Answer
    Company at time did not negotiate starting salary from out of company candidates.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in September 2012.

They called me based on my resume online, 2 interviews. Felt like they were desperate for good people. Background check took way too long

They said they would review my status after 6 mo's to become sr acct executive

Accounting and Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in September 2012.

Interviewed with Finance VP - looking back on questions asked to me, I believe the offer was extended to solve a political issue for themselve. I spoke more about data than Accounting and Finance. The company framework was discussed at a high level but required more detail from the interviewer in order to get a clear picture of the company. As once in the position, it is figure it out on your own.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about yourself - not very difficult to answer but the only question asked   Answer Question
    Negotiate a bonus

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

5 minute phone interview - this is easy because you will quickly realize you know more than your interviewing manager

In person interview - Management had other Designers interview me. This took about 45 minutes.

Very welcoming at first because they are always in desperate need to hire new people to mask the high employee turnover rate.

Interview Questions
    Don't let them give you false promises. Have what you want in writing or you will not get it.

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in April 2012.

One interview by phone with one hiring manager, then one in-person interview with hiring manager and supervisor. Both went well (I thought) but then instead of getting a phone call or email from them whether (or not) I got the job, I never heard back from them again. At all. This division is filled with rude unprofessional people with no regard or consideration for others. Thank goodness not all the brands at Dominion are like this.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions, but interviewers seemed stumped by the questions I asked them with regard to plans, programs, platforms. I inquired about their familiarity with certain networks, they did not seem to know what I was referring to. I asked them a question about the status of one of their profiles on a certain social network and the interviewer flat-out lied to me about the success/virality of their social media posts. (I verified this after I went home and looked up their page on my home computer.)   Answer Question

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norfolk, VA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in December 2011.

Only a phone interview and one panel interview in person. Was pretty easy and laid back. Was called and hired within a week of the final interview.

They offered me as much as they had budgeted for the position.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dominion Enterprises in June 2011.

Had phone interview the on-site interview. Typical interview questions. Walked out with offer and drug test form