Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at Dominion Resources
- Intern (2)
- Training Administrator (1)
- Administrative Assistant (1)
- Senior Software Developer (1)
- Manager, Human Resources (1)
- Summer Intern (1)
- Safety Specialist (1)
- Sourcing Specialist (1)
- Reactor Operator (1)
- GIS Technician (1)
- Senior Financial Analyst (1)
- Field Technician (1)
- Financial Analyst (1)
- Senior Auditor (1)
- Credit Analyst (1)
- Mechanical Engineering Intern (1)
- Business Systems Analyst (1)
- Pricing and Structuring Specialist (1)
- Manager - Environmental Permits (1)
- Process Assistant II (1)
- Customer Solutions Intern (1)
- Systems Protection Technician (1)
- Chemistry Intern, Nuclear (1)
- Business Perfromance Analyst (1)
- Corporate Security (1)
- Java Programmer (1)
- Analyst (1)
2 people found this helpful
I applied online – interviewed at Dominion Resources in July 2014.
I applied to become an intern for dominion under the diversity internship/scholarship program.
I made it to the stage where I was able to receive an interview. The interview was over the phone. There was no in-person interview. I believe I was told there were 30 scholarships in total that would be given, so I am guessing the number of people they interviewed might have been 50. I am not certain.
The interview was given through a conference line. Only two people were in the conference, one of the was the HR manager, and the other was a previous Dominion intern that went through the process in the past and is now a full-time employee at Dominion.
I was only asked 7 questions. ALL of them were behavioral. None of them were asking if you know about the company (they even told me in the phone that the questions were going to be all behavioral).
The HR manager puts you very at ease. They told me I did not have to answer quickly and could have time to think about my response.
These were the questions (I actually remember them all):
1. Why would you like to work for Dominion/How did you hear about dominion?
2. Tell us about a challenge that you overcame/a problem you helped solve.
3. Tell us about a time you worked with a member that did contribute/cooperate with the team.
4. Who or what has influenced you most in your professional life?
5. What is a difficult decision you have had to make as a leader? Describe the thought process.
6. Tell us about a time in which you had to work with a diverse team and how everyone's talents and skills played into the completion of the project..
7. Tell us about a time in which you went above and beyond what you were asked to do.
Overall, the experience was excellent. I have not heard back yet on whether or not I will become an intern, but for those of you out there wondering about the process, I hope my review helps you succeed.
According to the manager, this is the last step to the internship program application. After this, the committee will decide who to hire and you will receive a call from the manager/director at the dominion branch you would work at, and further discuss your placement and duties.
The scholarship is not applied until after you complete the internship.
- Who or what has influenced you most in your professional life? View Answer
Other Interview Reviews for Dominion Resources
Intern InterviewApplication Details
I applied online. The process took 3+ months – interviewed at Dominion Resources in March 2011.Interview Details
7 set questions over a conference call.Interview Questions
Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
- Pretty standard questions. Answer Question