Dominion Resources

Relevance Date Difficulty

Senior Auditor Interview

Senior Auditor
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dominion Resources in February 2014.

Interview Details – The HR specialist was not prompt in responding to several calls and voice messages to schedule the interview. However, the panel interview was very professional began on time was thorough. We were able to complete the interview in the allotted hour and afterwards I interviewed with the Vice President for an additional 45 min. The secretary escorted me to lobby after the VP interview. It was a good balance between providing information about the job and company and getting to know the panel as it was about them getting to know me.

Interview Question – This job requires regularly presenting to executive management, discuss your experience presenting to CEO's etc.   Answer Question

Pricing and Structuring Specialist Interview

Pricing and Structuring Specialist
Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Dominion Resources in February 2010.

Interview Details – Initially I was approached by a recruiting firm and learned about the position, responsibilities, and the company. My resume was submitted to the hiring manager by the recruiting firm. Shortly after, a phone interview was arranged on a weekend day. The hiring manager explained how the position was created and what qualification was needed to fulfill the roles expectation. He then asked some general question about my experience and background, and indicated that he was interested in my skills and would like to meet with me in-person. I was then scheduled for a day-long interview at the company's headquarter. The office coordinator arranged my air ticket and rental car and they flew me in to interview with my future colleagues. I was interviewed by 6 individual each for 30 minutes. I did well in the interview and I received a job offer a week after returned home.

Interview Question – There was no difficult, challenging and unexpected question. In fact the interviewers and specially the hiring manager were very nice people and only wanted to make sure I had a personality that would fit to the corporate culture, and possessed the basic skills to carry out the main responsibilities of the job.   Answer Question

Senior Software Developer Interview

Senior Software Developer
Richmond, VA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Dominion Resources in November 2011.

Interview Details – Contacted by a recruiter, had phone interview with few technical questions, mostly to verify resume. On-site interview was more technical, but easy, no trick questions. Interviewer tried to see if I had hands-on experience in coding and question were basic, mostly around database foreign keys, relationships, some questions about development in VS.

Interview Question – How do you add create custom AJAX control in C#   View Answer

Business Perfromance Analyst Interview

Business Perfromance Analyst
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Dominion Resources in April 2009.

Interview Details – Behavior based questions, panel interview with a variety of employees. Seemed to be looking for answers based on some items of knowledge that weren't obvious to an outsder. This caused some feelings of uncertainty on my part. I had a well rounded understanding (I thought) about the position, but the questioning seemed to be leading towards something that wasn't discussed prior.

Interview Question – why do you want to leave your curent company?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not much wiggle room for salary.

Safety Specialist Interview

Negotiation Details – beautiful

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Cleveland, OH

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Dominion Resources in July 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through a social media, then I was contacted by the HR department. They did an initial assessment of my background and situational questions. Next, a 3 panel interview asking similar situational questions, background experience, and then short assessment of variance analysis. Lastly, an in-depth variance analysis with a business group director.

Interview Question – The most unexpected question was how would I react to a waiter at a restaurant if my order wasn't satisfactory to my standards   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Salary wasn't as competitive as other offers I received. I tried negotiating a salary similar to other outside offers, but to no avail.

Chemistry Intern, Nuclear Interview

Chemistry Intern, Nuclear

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Dominion Resources.

Interview Details – I applied through Dominion's career website. I was contact for an initial phone screening that lasted about 20 minutes with an HR person. I was then offered a phone interview with the hiring manager. The interview lasted about 45 minutes and was behavioral based.

Interview Question – Tell about a time you missed a deadline and what did you do about it?   Answer Question

Systems Protection Technician Interview

Systems Protection Technician
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 5 months - interviewed at Dominion Resources in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewing Panel of 6 Experts: Human Resources, Group Manager, Lab Supervisor, Generation Supervisor, Transmission & Distribution (T&D) Supervisor, and System Compliance Supervisor. Review your basic theories Computers/Electrical/Electronic/Mechanical. Degree base position, be prepared to step-up! Very relaxed, big on coffee, and socializing work hard/play hard. Speak with conviction.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel?   View Answer
  • Do you have any SAP Certifications | Training & Education experience?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You made it through the storm of thousands of applicants "Go With Your Gut" if they called you that means they really needed you and have gone too far in the selection process phase to start over.

Training Administrator Interview

Training Administrator

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Dominion Resources.

Interview Details – Hiring process takes a long time. Just for the background check to go through takes several weeks. This may only be for Nuclear applicants though. Interview questions are basically situational questions where they want examples of what you did in certain situations.

Interview Question – I don't think any were particularly difficult. I really have a hard time with the question asking what your biggest flaw is.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. They offer a great salary

Intern Interview

Intern
Waterford, CT

I applied online and the process took 3+ months - interviewed at Dominion Resources in March 2011.

Interview Details – 7 set questions over a conference call.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Dominion Resources? Contribute to the Community!