Domino's

Relevance Date Difficulty

General Manager Interview

General Manager
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Domino's in April 2010.

Interview Details – I filled out an application online and was promptly called in for an interview. I interviewed with two different individuals. Once a job offer was made I proceeded to go through their 6 week training program.

Interview Question – What can I bring to the company to help increase sales over the previous year?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Intern Interview

Intern
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Domino's in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied through online portal. was contacted a few weeks later for a behavior based phone interview. After that was completed successfully, i was contacted for an in person interview at Ann Arbor Headquarters. This lasted about 2 hours with 2 separate team leaders. Was behavior and knowledge based (almost a conversation rather than Q and A). Was contacted about a 2 weeks after this with offer.

Interview Question – All questions were mainly behavior based   Answer Question

Supply Chain Intern Interview

Supply Chain Intern
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Domino's in March 2012.

Interview Details – First Round - On Campus 1:1 30-minute Interview
Second Round - Domino's Pizza Farm Visit - 2 1:1 45-minute interviews, HQ tour, Speaker, pizza lunch

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that you disagreed with one of your professors or bosses. What did you do about it and how did they react?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Internship Interview

Supply Chain Internship
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Domino's.

Interview Details – Dropped Resume at career fair, got call from HR and scheduled interview later that week.

Very simple interview, I actually knew my interviewer ahead of time. 100% behavior questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you worked with a team.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Network Administrator Interview

Network Administrator
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Domino's in December 2009.

Interview Details – Multiple tiered interview process with human resources personnel and everyone in the management chain from your manager-to-be, up to the Chief Information Officer. The management chain is fairly short, so it would generally consist of manager, director, vice president, then CIO. The interviews may all happen consecutively, or be spread out across multiple days

Interview Question – If you were to design an ideal package management solution, what fundamental elements would you need to include?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Lead Software Engineer Interview

Lead Software Engineer
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Domino's in May 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by contact house recruiter who sent my resume to a Domino's recruiter (as this was direct hire).
Had a phone interview with the Domino's recruiter about 2 weeks later.
Very impressed with he phone interview, described befits packages and a 10% employee bonus. So employees get their base ($100,000 in this case) plus 10% of that ($10,000) split into two lump sums.
Recruiter said I would definitely be invited back for an in person interview.
Recruiter then did not return calls or emails after that, 2 weeks later the initial contract house saying they wanted someone with more experience.

I guess 15 years of programming was not enough!... who did they want Alan Turing? :-)

Interview Question – Why are you leaving your current position.   Answer Question

Cash Accountant Interview

Cash Accountant
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Domino's in March 2012.

Interview Details – Started with a phone interview and within two weeks I landed a few interview in person. There were two sets of interviews, one with human resource and the other with managers from the accounting department. Interviewers each asked the identical questions, but asked for different examples. It was very hard giving 3 different examples from previous work when i'm just a recent college grad. Otherwise, friendly people to interview with.

Interview Question – How would you change your way of communicating to an older audience/ staff/   View Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Communications Manager
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Domino's in April 2011.

Interview Details – 45 minute phone interview
2-hour in-person interview with HR and Manager
2-hour in-person interview with VP and EVP

Interview Question – Tell me a time when...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes, they compensate fairly and not much negotiating was needed.

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Quality Assurance Analyst
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Domino's in April 2011.

Interview Details – The majority of the interview process was very quick and professional. I did a phone screen with a recruiter and had an in-person interview set up with a few days.
The in-person interview was very much a behavioral interview. Questions focused on situations and wanting to know specific examples of how I dealt with them in the past. I met with three different groups on that first day. HR, The QA team, and the VP of the department.
The interviews went well and the team seemed great. When I sent some thank you emails the next morning I got immediate feedback that they wanted me to do a "final interview" with the CIO.

I met with him the next week and he told me that it was not a real interview, that he just liked to meet people before HR did their magic. We talked for awhile and he said they really needed people like me on the team. He asked if there was anything else they should know about me. I was honest and told them I had mild Aspergers Syndrome, but I thought that made me better at my job overall. That I sometimes struggled in a loud room though (most of their office is nice cubes so 95% of their office wouldn't be an issue). He said he didn't think that would be an issue at all.

Two weeks later I hadn't heard anything so called the recruiter. I was told at that point they needed someone with "stronger skills". So, I went from being just what they needed and HR just needing to do their magic to not being strong enough. The only thing in between, me being honest and telling them I had Aspergers. If you interview there and have any disability, I suggest hiding it from them.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above what was strictly necessary to do your job.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer
Ann Arbor, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Domino's in November 2009.

Interview Details – Domino's has a very formal hiring practice, however, it was very odd that during the entire interview process I was never given a technical interview. My initial phone interview went over experience and some small talk. About a week later I was brought in for a three hour interview.

The first in person interview consisted of a one hour panel interview followed by two one hour interviews with what would be my direct superior and his direct superior. Above him was the COO and CEO of Domino's.

A week later was the third interview. This interview was a brief conversation with the COO of Domino's followed by an interview and personality test with HR. At that point we reviewed my application and salary expectations. Four days later I was made an offer.

Interview Question – The most difficult question had to do with my experience in development, and specifically what was a difficult aspect of developing on a team. There was no technical interview during the entire interview process which was EXTREMELY strange.   View Answer

Worked for Domino's? Contribute to the Community!